CONCERT REPORT: Foire aux Vins de Colmar Festival, August 16

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Foire aux Vins de Colmar Festival, August 16

Post by ladydi »

Womanfromaroom wrote: Oh, and it can be viewed by everyone, you don't have to be a facebook member!
Hi wfar! LOVE your photos! What a fabulous spot you were able to grab...so close to the stage! Looks like it must have been warm as Leonard's jacket and Dino's vest came off after awhile. ;-) The crew member with Roscoe's bass is Chris Bynum....looks like he is practicing to be a stand-in! And what a lovely town! Thanks so much for sharing your photos! I was there in spirit with you guys!

Diana
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian »

What can I say...great to meet a few people from here and see another awesome show. I wasn't sure that the long wait in line and then standing for the next 3.5 hours was worth it (i almost went for a seat), but I endured and it payed off wonderfully.

I was certainly impressed with how fresh they all seemed to be. Yes, Leonard didn't say much, but hey, he doesn't have to!!! The French (or is it Europeans in general?) sure love to clap along.

Lover, Lover, Lover...no words required!

I picked up 2 papers with reviews:
http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/permalien/arti ... Cohen.html
http://www.dna.fr/ (Colmar edition)

Sorry no time to find the exact place on their sites.

Vienne tonight!

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

'Everybody Knows' - on YouTube by "pearlvoice"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_dPwiaOSQ
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

Awww, the incredible Heck of a Guy has just published the first known photo of Leonard with the boxing gloves and stethoscope :D :D :D

http://1heckofaguy.com/2009/08/18/leona ... ment-28230

In case the photographer is among us here: Thank you so much!
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

My friend and I (from London), threw the gloves on the stage! Couldn't believe our eyes when Leonard bent down, scooped them up and threw them over his shoulder. And then the stethoscope....a perfect moment. In fact I was enjoying the moment so much that I almost forgot to get a photo. I was hoping someone might have recorded that song. Maybe they'll use that particular performance of the song on the forthcoming Best of tour DVD ;-)

It was our last concert - we've been to fourteen in total. We couldn't have wished for a nicer way for it all to end....
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

imyourwoman wrote:My friend and I (from London), threw the gloves on the stage!
Awwwww - phantastic!! I had hoped you'd show up! I'm the stethoscope-thrower, by the way :lol:
Gee, what an incredible coincidence that was, wasn't it? I couldn't believe my eyes either when the gloves came flowing. I loved his reaction when he picked them up with that broad smile. Until then I have to admit I had been a bit nervous about throwing the examination gear. But when I saw him with the gloves I know we'd have a lot of fun. I think I'll never forget that priceless moment, when he stood there with the stuff. The photo is such a wonderful memory. Did you take one too? Any may we see it? Maybe we're lucky and someone puts up a video (at least) on youtube *keepingfingerscrossed* Even though the DVD would be appropriate too of course *lol*

14 concerts!!!! Amazing!!! Now that's what I call a summer.
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

Pearlvoice wrote:
14 concerts!!!! Amazing!!! Now that's what I call a summer.
Or a year! :D Not quite sure what to do with ourselves now that there aren't any more to look forward to.

We had also toyed with idea of throwing a stethoscope as I happen to have one of those too :!: , but when I found it, it was broken. So we stole the boxing gloves from my partner, defaced them and carted them off to Colmar. There were a few questions from the security guards, who asked us if we boxed. We just answered 'yes', and that was that!

His reaction to it all was wonderful, wasn't it?

I will upload some pictures soon. Although the one already posted is perfect.
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

They were happy with that ? :o Ts ts ts.... Security just isn't what it used to be anymore....
Even though in that case it was good they didn't take them from you.

Luckily they didn't ask me about my use for the stethoscope, for I don't know what "exmamining every inch" means in French.

I personally can never see enough pictures of the concert and of course of that special moment :mrgreen:
Actually

Post by Actually »

Pearlvoice wrote:Security just isn't what it used to be anymore....
Yep! When I pushed the guy aside, who stood there waiting for his girlfriend's bag (not even his!) to be checked, I threw my ticket at the guy with the scanner and he just stared at me while I was already running :lol:

Edit: I didn't even notice, whether he caught it or not... Same goes for him, I think.
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

Actually wrote:Yep! When I pushed the guy aside, who stood there waiting for his girlfriend's bag (not even his!) to be checked, I threw my ticket at the guy with the scanner and he just stared at me while I was already running :lol:
*lol* Did you ever consider a carreer with the French Foreign Legion? Well, but all's fair in love, war and whenever there's a first row waiting to be filled at a Leonard Cohen concert. Btw it was nice to meet you and womanfromaroom there, when we were all sailing out of the theater on cloud 9 :)
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

Actually wrote:
Pearlvoice wrote:Security just isn't what it used to be anymore....
Yep! When I pushed the guy aside, who stood there waiting for his girlfriend's bag (not even his!) to be checked, I threw my ticket at the guy with the scanner and he just stared at me while I was already running :lol:

Edit: I didn't even notice, whether he caught it or not... Same goes for him, I think.
Actually, you are hilarious. Well done! :D Pleased to have met you - even if shortly - after the concert. I hope you got home well after all.
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

One of the pictures I took :D
Attachments
colmar3.jpg
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

and another:
Attachments
colmar2.jpg
imyourwoman

Post by imyourwoman »

and finally:
Attachments
colmar.jpg
Last edited by imyourwoman on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

imyourwoman, those pics are BEAUTIFUL! Somehow they capture Leonard's ghood mood perfectly. Thank you very much for sharing!

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”