CONCERT REPORT: Foire aux Vins de Colmar Festival, August 16

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

CONCERT REPORT: Foire aux Vins de Colmar Festival, August 16

Post by tomsakic »

Opening the thread for your reports and the setlist with the first media article (from http://www.speakingcohen.com):

http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/article/188359 ... Cohen.html
osmachar

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Foire aux Vins de Colmar Festival, August 16

Post by osmachar »

Wish i could have been there...so close to my home town.
satyamsunderam

Post by satyamsunderam »

i´ve ben there!! it was sooo wonderful, peascful, loving and i was deep touched by the person leonard cohen.

thank you very much!!!
lmc

Post by lmc »

It was a great show.....although they played late the previous day in CAP ROIG, they did not seem that tired which was great! fabulous and long ovations after "The Partisan" and "Famous Blue Raincoat", a tremendous version of "Lover Lover Lover" with once again Javier Mas being incredible in is playing. Leonard was in good spirits joking around with Dino Solo. "I'm Your Man" saw boxer gloves and a stethoscospe landing on stage exactly at time when it should be, nice touch from the girls in the front row!
Not many blessings at the end though, unfortunatly, only the usual thanks to all the crew and the usal ending in french concerts "Il y a longtemps que je t;aime et jamais je ne t'oublierai".
2008: Lyon / Lisbon / Nice / Vienna x2 / Paris x 3
2009: Nantes / Paris / Lisbon / Colmar / Nimes / Barcelona
2010: Gent x 3 / Lisboa / Strasbourg / Tours / Lille
2012: Ghent 12th, 14th, 15th / Paris x 3 / Madrid / Lisboa
2013: Paris / Bruxelles / Rotterdam / Amsterdam
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Wow! So Lover Lover Lover was on the setlist :D Please let it be there on Thursday when we go to Nimes :lol:
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

If anyone is interested, I posted a very personal review of the concert as a public entry for my livejournal:

puddingdale.livejournal.com
keauly

Post by keauly »

I was there Yesterday, and that was my 7th concert for this tour (Lyon, Bruges, Lörrach, Francfort, Paris, Cologne, Colmar)....
I have to say, I think that's the one I prefered....

I was on the first row, like every time, but I 've found the atmosphere quite special.
The setlist was great, even if I've missed the Gipsy's Wife, but the band was enjoying the night, and it was easy for us to see that....

They did a great job, once again, and I'll remember that night as my prefered concert...
I've also got a setlist, once again different :-)
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

"Almost" all of "Lover, Lover, Lover" uploaded to YouTube by "tigrib55" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fqgkI8i2mM
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

It's great to see some new (i.e. different) tunes in the recent setlists. Leonard and the band all look to be really enjoying "Lover Lover Lover"! What terrific energy! Thanks for the link!

When that Best of The Tour Blu Ray comes out, wow, is it ever going to be good!
tigrib

Post by tigrib »

sturgess66 wrote:"Almost" all of "Lover, Lover, Lover" uploaded to YouTube by "tigrib55" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fqgkI8i2mM
Hi sturgess66,
thanks for making the video public :)
I started uploading yesterday night ... always takes that long
2008 Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Cologne, Berlin, Colmar, Barcelona, Las Vegas, San Jose, Salzburg, Berlin, Strasbourg, Marseille, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Las Vegas 2010
2012 Ghent (x2), Berlin, Moenchengladbach, Lisbon
2013 Berlin ... Pula ... ?
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Thank you for your great concert report, Puddingdale; as there isn't anything substantial to be added to it, in my humble opinion, here are just some photographs:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 3463065f52

Oh, and it can be viewed by everyone, you don't have to be a facebook member!
Last edited by Womanfromaroom on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

And thank you for the great photos, womanfromaroom!! :)

Yargh, youtube has not really been working at my computer for a gew days. I can't really watch all the great videos and have no idea how to fix it. The films just stop after a few seconds... So, photos are something I can really appreciate right now.

It was a pleasure meeting you, even if only shortly!
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Yes, Puddingdale, it was a brief, yet very nice encounter indeed! Hope you had a good trip home...
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

Yes, we did, yet your trip was longer. I hope you are not too exhausted but Leonard was sure worth it all. ;-) And at least none of us caught a sunstroke :D
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice »

Hello everyone from the stetoscope-thrower with her first post on the forum ;-)

Can't add much to Puddingdale's phantastic report, except another big fat "IT WAS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!"
Being roasted in the blazing sun for three hours was definately worth it and I'm still somewhat overwhelmed.

Leonard seemed to be in a real good mood. His voice was phenomenal as ever. And even though he must've been tired and in spite of the heat he was very energetic and danced a lot. I think he really enjoyed the phantastic audience. The whole crowd was enthusiastic from the first to the very last moment. At one time towards the end of the concert he just stood there, doing absolutely nothing, looking very touched, and it felt as if he was soaking up the moment.

Then again there were really funny moments too. Of course the look of Leonard with that big grin on his face while he was hung with the boxing gloves and the stethoscope was priceless. But also during "Ain't no cure for love" he was joking arond with Dino Soldo, "stealing" Dino's hat while he wasn't wearing it, giving it back, then Dino took it, Leonard stole it again... Luckily that happened before my camera got broken so I catched that on film. Not the greatest quality though but I'll upload the video tonight. BTW, woman from a room, thanks for sharing your photos! They're great!

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”