CONCERT REPORT: Venice, August 3

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Venice, August 3

Post by jarkko »

Not a proposal but a humble request. In the first photo Maarten tells his wife Wenche that the last concerts of the World Tour 2008-2009 will be in Las Vegas and San Jose and that he'd love to see them. The second picture is shot after a longish family conference, and Maarten has got permission to reserve tickets
... or something like that ;-)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Joan

Post by Joan »

beautiful photo's - thanks Jarkko :D
Kind Regards, Joan.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Tom Sakic wrote:Yeah, the names are missing so you can't recognise us;)

First day I was having blue t-shirt with that Vulcan blessing;P
Aha! I have found you in 6827 - and KF1?

Nice pictures!
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

I am studying Maarten's techniques closely in the hope that I might also get to Las Vegas and San Jose. Maarten needs to practice also for when he approaches his boss for some more time off to see Leonard Cohen.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

jarkko wrote:Not a proposal but a humble request. In the first photo Maarten tells his wife Wenche that the last concerts will be in Las Vegas and San Jose and that he'd love to see them. The second picture is shot after a longish family conference, and Maarten has got permission to reserve tickets
Thanks Jarkko! I can't believe I didn't recognize Maarten! Must have been that pleading look ;-) Glad he succeeded!
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Liamberney wrote:I am studying Maarten's techniques closely in the hope that I might also get to Las Vegas and San Jose. Maarten needs to practice also for when he approaches his boss for some more time off to see Leonard Cohen.
Not sure Maarten's boss could be convinced by a deep, pleading look and a passionate kiss, though... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
andrea

Post by andrea »

A message from Francesca Piviotti Inghilleri (Venice)

Due to the rain before the Venice concert, the counter from La Fenice Bookshop with the
BOOK OF MERCY /LIBRO DELLA MISERICORDIA(bilingual) by Leonard Cohen and translated in italian by Francesca Piviotti Inghilleri and Armando Pajalich
could not been realized and therefore the books couldm't be sold for that venue.
But if anyone is interested in getting the copy (price apprx 12 Euro incl. a Venice bookmark ) , plus delivery/postal costs will be charged extra you can send me a PM and I will send Francesca the list with the request. But she will be online by the end of August due to summerholidays in Italy.

Leonard did appreciate this work very much and just to let you know for every book sold he gets his part too.
So just think of it and if you like to complete your cohen stuff collection, don't hesitate to contact me.
Greetings from Venice, from Francesca and of course from myself from Verona
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Oh wow, those photos are amazing! I wish i had gone to Venice. Let's hope Barcelona will be as special.

btw Willy, I am sooooooooo jealous of you. That is such a great photo with the prince of precision. Lucky you. :)
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi Tinderella,
it was sooooo amazing as the pics are. The city of course is amazing and having a Cohen concert in St. Marks Square is just the BEST you can get. We obviously had also a good time, but I am sure also Barcelona will be great .
See you there, we look forward to it.
Thank you Jarkko and Eija for all the work you have done and continue to do with the gallery.
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hi Andrea, you and Marco look great... what a great life you have :) . Looking forward to sharing a beer or two next month.

Bernadine
margaret

Post by margaret »

Wonderful photos, and such a beautiful place :D

Can't wait to meet up with you all again in Barcelona next month.

Margaret
Dublin 15th June, Manchester 18th June, Edinburgh 16th July
Cardiff 8th. November, Manchester 30th. November Liverpool 14th July 2009 Barcelona 21st September 2009, Las Vegas 11th December 2010
sirp2000

Post by sirp2000 »

Well, it was a week ago but I haven't come down to earth yet. My fifth (and last, sadly) but what a great finale for me. The setting was simply awesome and we had great fifth row seats. Leonard was in fantastic voice and I loved how he kept gesturing to the basilica when singing about angels. Absolute magic - what a man!

The only downside was the subtle sense of hurry I picked up in the second half, no doubt because of the delayed start. Only 5 verses of Hallelujah, no washing of eyelids in the rain and no Whither Thou Goest - but everything else was perfect.

I've come across 5 more youtubes from Rooooji:

Sisters of Mercy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAiComIe ... re=channel
In my Secret Life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58gtfF9 ... re=channel
Hallelujah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU3Oojo9 ... re=channel
Bird on the Wire (incomplete) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtjei_zS ... re=channel
Aint no Cure for Love - with accompaniment from the St Marks bells! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAXfTuw ... re=channel
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Just a fantastic photo montage! We get so much pleasure out of seeing these photos-thank you so much to all the photographers and your willingness to share.

I really got a kick out of the explanation of the photos with Maarten and Wenche. Believe me, there were similar moments in our household as I try to convince Anne that we need to add one more concert to our agenda!

We're looking forward to seeing many of you in Wales and Barcelona.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Hi forum members,

I have put our Venice pictures on http://www.icantforget.nl

Enjoy,

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

jarkko wrote:Not a proposal but a humble request. In the first photo Maarten tells his wife Wenche that the last concerts will be in Las Vegas and San Jose and that he'd love to see them. The second picture is shot after a longish family conference, and Maarten has got permission to reserve tickets
Jarkko
I think there is a darker side to this story.
During the evening meal on Sunday the possibility of Maarten selling at least one of his children to help finance his US trip was most definitley mentioned.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”