CONCERT REPORT: Belfast, July 26

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
frogrocker

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Belfast, July 26

Post by frogrocker »

Just a short video section from Hallelujah in Belfast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIiWpJKyVds

Frogrocker
Isi

Post by Isi »

Two weeks on and I am still on a higher plain! Can anyone explain to me how a 74 year old man can still be so sensuous and erotic and have such an effect on every female in the audience. When he sang 'And if you want a doctor, I'll examine every inch of you', don't tell me that I was the only female in the audience who sighed and said ( and maybe even shouted) , 'If only', like a love sick teenager.
But LC has just grown more lovely and gracious as the decades have progressed, and I am so glad to have grown up, grown wise and growing old with him.
Last edited by Isi on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Isi, I read this hillarious tweet about the show in Venice from a woman called Sarah Burghardt, based in Chicago. I think it mirrors your words a little....
She goes by the name Saratomic on twitter and this is the web address if you want to check it out. http://twitter.com/sarahtomic

"Leonard Cohen sang "I'm Your Man," and I think I might have gotten pregnant. Expect a baby that is half-song 9 months from now."

* Name Sarah Burghardt
* Location Chicago
I found it pretty funny!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Joan

Post by Joan »

I have to agree.
At one of the 3 concerts I was at in July ( can't remember which one ) he said "If you want a doctor, I'll examine every PRECIOUS inch of you" - this was said with a real seductive smile, and a low,sexy chuckle - I could feel, and hear every woman around me sighing and melting ( myself included )
O there's no doubt, he's still got it alright !!
Regards, Joan.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Isi wrote:Two weeks on and I am still on a higher plain! Can anyone explain to me how a 74 year old man can still be so sensuous and erotic and have such an effect on every female in the audience.
it was the hat, afterall
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Isi

Post by Isi »

"Leonard Cohen sang "I'm Your Man," and I think I might have gotten pregnant. Expect a baby that is half-song 9 months from now."

Yes, I can fully appreciate this! Can we expect a huge rise in DNA testing on Chat Shows across Europe and North America next year??? ;-)
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWojyxp5PA4

Video I took of The Future from Belfast. Quality is only ok...my little fuji was on full zoom here! I did my best...!

thank you Brightnow for helping me figure out how to downsize the video for youtube!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Hi Marcie.
I came across your story and thought Id share it again as its so lovely.
Will we be seeing you in Dublin in September.
MFL wrote:What a night, what a wonderful night. Belfast had been my 3rd concert but by far the best. I loved every moment. My feet are just about back on solid ground. I had 3rd row seats (thank you so much Jarkko) so I was not bothered by people moving around. I didn’t notice that the sound wasn’t great but my partner did, I think I was in a daze. A very content and happy daze.

I was one of the happy few to stay in the same hotel as Leonard and co. I had just arrived at the hotel on Friday and was walking through the lobby with my partner when I realised Leonard was walking towards us. I just stopped and let my mouth fall open. Thankfully my partner followed my gaze and spotted him and had the wit go over and shake his hand say a few nice words, I may have mumbled something and not wanting to be intrusive we walked on. Now I’m not a teenager but I sure did act like one, I got chatting to a fellow forum member who’s first question was Did you get an autograph? Of course I didn’t, I never even thought of asking. (I Know) Well I thought best thing to do was to have a piece of paper and pen with me and maybe I’d get lucky again. No sign all day Saturday when to the show and came back on cloud 9, meet some of the band and Sharon Robinson, they were just sitting around in the bar, all very relaxed it was lovely.
On Sunday morning I was going down to reception and hit the Up button on the lift by mistake, I think some mistake are just meant to be, the lift opened and who was in it all by himself but Leonard himself, I stepped in and found I had a voice after all. I told him the concert was wonderful, loved his work etc. The lift stopped on his floor and this time I had the sense to ask for an autograph. We sat on the seats at the lift as he wrote, I said I believed he had a landmark birthday coming up and wished his an early Happy Birthday he laughed and said, not really, I’m waiting for my 80th so I can take up smoking again. Getting up to leave I said he must be tired after so many shows he said he hadn’t felt better in years and was loving it. Happy and very Content I said goodbye and hit the right button on the lift.

A few pages back someone was thanking a man called John for his ticket, I think I may have meet him at the hotel and well if you believe in karma he was rewarded for his kindness for he also meet Leonard and was over the moon, they had met at breakfast Leonard was in the restaurant for buffet breakfast with everyone else. After he had posed for photos and signed autographs.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”