Nimes... August 20th

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Liesbeth

Re: Nimes... August 20th

Post by Liesbeth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Maarten wrote:Eeeuh...
Am I missing something here... How do you know about this? :)
Are you Liesbeth V. R. ? I didn't know you had an account here.

Maarten

EDIT: It's Liesbeth F, right?
Indeed! You can see my pictures on facebook! With Sharon, Dino, Rafael en Charley...

Hope to see Leonard tomorrow!!
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:17 pm

lizzyke wrote:I'm Staying at the Terminus Hotel, near the station. Not expensive!
Liesbeth
And not available either. I am in Nimes and there is not a room (less than 10km) to be found...well there is one for 3 persons at 243 euro.

I went to the Terminus to see if I could find you, and ask if maybe I could store my bags in your room until after the concert, but they would/could not help me with only Liesbeth F. They at least let me leave my bags there for the mere sum of 10euro.

Well if all else fails, there is an overnight train to Strasbourg just before midnight I should be able to make.

So Liesbeth, if you're reading this and can somehow arrange to make my luggage more secure, I'd appreciate it. I'll be heading back to the Terminus around 3:00-3:30 to check on my bags and make sure I can leave them there until midnight.

I guess this is why people plan things :-) But it's all an adventure!

Ok, a few more emails to answer and then off to see if I can scrounge up a ticket as well.

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
Last edited by Kenadian on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm

lizzyke wrote:Indeed! You can see my pictures on facebook! With Sharon, Dino, Rafael en Charley...
Hi lizzyke,

I have seen your photo on Facebook and you are one very lucky woman! The men look WONDERFUL and I am assuming that perhaps either Sharon or Charley took the photo. You look very happy :D

All the best,
Diana
Liesbeth

Post by Liesbeth » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am

ladydi wrote:
lizzyke wrote:Indeed! You can see my pictures on facebook! With Sharon, Dino, Rafael en Charley...
Hi lizzyke,

I have seen your photo on Facebook and you are one very lucky woman! The men look WONDERFUL and I am assuming that perhaps either Sharon or Charley took the photo. You look very happy :D

All the best,
Diana
Hi Diana,

I was a couple of hours in 7th heaven after I met them :D !! Sharon took the one with the boys, Rafael took the one with Sharon. Charley I met later, she was sitting with her boyfriend in a restaurant. Her boyfriend took the picture. About an hour later I crossed them again in a little street? She said, 'Hi Lisbeth'...

I think this was one of the best things I've experienced in Nimes...

Hope to see the rest of the band in Barcelona!!
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:20 am

Hi Liesbeth,

You were so fortunate! Don't you think they all seem like "family"? So generous, patient, and interested in everything you might have to say. We should all learn lessons from Leonard and his entourage. Looking forward to your concert report, both in Nimes and Barcelona (oh how I wish I could be there!).

Take care,
Diana

ps...you have a very lovely name.
Kenadian

Post by Kenadian » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 am

I wrote: Well if all else fails, there is an overnight train to Strasbourg just before midnight I should be able to make.
So, finally an update.

I did take the last train from Nimesviile, thanks to the help of Liesbeth. Seems I was destined to return to Strasbourg 3 times this trip.

I took advantage of that and went to Reims, which hosts the cathedral where many of the French monarchy were crowned. Nice cathedral, OK city.

But of most note was wandering into a record shop (which I am apt to do) and finding this gem on display:

(OK, imagine a cardboard stand-up of the LP cover in French of Cohen with a banana, and the yellow banana holding arm sways, because I can't for the life of me, attach a pic to this forum, and I am not an idiot {until proven otherwise :-) } )

I am sure many of you have seen it before, I have, but to come across it there, and then, was strange. I asked the guy if it was for sale and he emphatically stated "Non!", and proceeded to tell me how Leonard was on tour because he was broke.

No worries, because I wasn't really planning on dragging it around Europe for another 10 days...but I thought someone more local may have wanted it.

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”