Weather forecast for Weybridge

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Weather forecast for Weybridge

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Now we all have our tickets, keep your fingers crossed for the weather. This is the extended forecast for Saturday on weather.com:

Partly Cloudy
High 22°C
Low 13°C

Chance of Precip.
10 %

Perfect conditions for a concert, provided we get the 90% weather!

Wendy
Manhattan Boy

Re: Weather forecast for Weybridge

Post by Manhattan Boy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:05 am

Hello Wendy

I hope weather.com are right and bbc weather have got it wrong. Heavy rain is forecast on the beeb's website for Saturday!

My ticket STILL hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

Hmmmm.

I reckon the BBC, being based in the UK and all, have a better chance of being right than weather.com surely...

:(
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:31 am

danslenoir wrote:I reckon the BBC, being based in the UK and all, have a better chance of being right than weather.com surely... :(
From the Met Office web site -

"Dry but mostly cloudy on Thursday but more sunshine likely on Friday with lighter winds. At the moment Saturday is likely to be cloudy and wet."

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Regards,

Melvyn.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am

The BBC weather forecasts are invariably unduly pessimistic so I prefer to rely on yahoo.co.uk (linked to weather.com) which is normally a much better guide. The BBC predict rain if there is so much as a sniff of it in the air. The met office forecast worries me more especially as Metcheck are also now showing rain. Still, I'm going to stay optimistic, especially as I'm not going if it's pouring with rain. Let's face it, there's plenty of time for the weather to change either way between now and Saturday.

Wendy
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Norwegians say "no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes" ...
so pack a mac and shades.
i'm sure i won't even notice if there is a deluge .... am so looking forward to Saturday evening.
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

it absolutely poured down in Dublin last summer, but i promise it did not spoil anyone's enjopyment of the gig.

take a mac. and some whisky to keep you warm.

LC will do the rest
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I go to plenty of outdoor festival so adequate waterproofs (and even mud-proof footwear - presumably not required in Weybridge) are no problem but to be honest I have no appetite for sitting through a concert in the pouring rain when the dry of the Echo Arena in Liverpool is only a few days away.

We'll see.

W
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:I have no appetite for sitting through a concert in the pouring rain when the dry of the Echo Arena in Liverpool is only a few days away.W
I agree which is why I'm driving the 200 odd miles to L'pool rather than about 3 miles to Weybridge. But best of luck to those who are going there.

Melvyn.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 am

Latest forecast from the BBC and Met Office is rain spreading from the west on Saturday, and particularly heavy on Sunday. Sue Merlyn has just come up with a brilliant idea - Mercedes Benz should do a quick deal with O2 and let Leonard take the slot vacated by Michael Jackson on Saturday!

All good things, John E
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 am

According to weather.com Weybridge has the highest chance of rain (70%) on Saturday than it does in an entire two week period. According to other sources the rain will be moving in from the west over the course of the day meaning the worst period will be the evening. Typical

Guess we'll be getting rather wet! :?
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 am

Things look slightly better. They now say "heavy showers" on Saturday, rather than "heavy rain"! So what are the odds on Leonard singing "Last Year's Man"?
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:15 pm

The BBC weather site seems to change every time I look at it. Accuweather.com (very good site) has got Saturday night as 'a couple of showers':

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecas ... c=1&fday=3

So looks like rain macs will be a good idea! It's probably the last time I'll see Leonard, so I'd quite happily sit through a snowstorm in my bikini to watch :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 pm

It's just so typical that the weather looks like it's only gonna be sh*tty on Saturday daytime/night; the rest of the week has/will be fine and according to accuweather, Sunday is going to be improved with cloudy/partly sunny.

I ordered a couple of waterproof ponchos online fearing the worst, but a timely three day postal strike in London means i may not even get them in time.

Oh how I hate Sod's law! :?
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 pm

somewhat_nifty wrote: Accuweather.com (very good site)
As far as I know that's an American site, best to use our own Met office -

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Melvyn.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”