CONCERT REPORT: Berlin, July 2

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Womanfromaroom

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Berlin, July 2

Post by Womanfromaroom »

sturgess66 wrote:Thanks for the great pictures Amrei!

"BenLev10" has posted some good video - a rousing performance of "First We Take Manhattan" from the Berlin concert on YouTube. It looks like the audience sort of loved it :D :D :lol: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yccPiC686vo
Thanks! Great video indeed - quite a clear picture! But - is it me overlooking something? Any idea what the note is that Leonard passes on to Sharon and which she later puts away? Just curious... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Actually

Post by Actually »

It was a some kind of disc, either a CD or a DVD in a white paper sleeve with something written on.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Actually wrote:
jarkko wrote:If you want to print the official setlist for Berlin for your archives, it's here:
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/berlin ... 2-2009.jpg
(Songs on the right were in reserve).
I'm always saying that would kill just to hear The Avalanche, then just imagine all those songs in addition... Man, that's gotta be a massacre ;-)
This is the second time within two days that I hear a female Leonard fan say that they would kill, either to hear certain songs or to meet him. But this might not exactly be the way to convince him - for actually (no pun intended), LOVE is the only engine of survival! ;-)

Ah, no note, but a disc! Thanks!
Actually

Post by Actually »

Oh well, I've heard dozens of people say "I would kill for a coffee right now" - and not even a simple cup of coffee showed up, so I don't think this could convince Mr. Cohen to do anything :lol:

Obviously, it was a disc plus a note :idea:
Actually

Post by Actually »

Womanfromaroom wrote:But this might not exactly be the way to convince him - for actually (no pun intended), LOVE is the only engine of survival! ;-)
I just realized that this sounds like an instruction for reaching a goal... :lol:

Edit: Maybe I should use the same signature here as everywhere else. - Don't take me too seriously. ;-)
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Actually wrote: Don't take me too seriously. ;-)
Well, I won't! Don't know about Jarkko though... ;-)
Actually

Post by Actually »

Oh no, Jarkko is cool. Not sure, if this feeling is mutual, though ;-)
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Jarkko,

Thank you SO very much for sharing that incredible photo of Leonard with us! The first time I saw it, it completely took my breath away! If this might ever be made into a poster I think many of us would consider purchasing it.....and of course, credits and any profits would be yours! :D

Meanwhile I will get my fix by looking at it every day or so! ;-)

All the best,
Diana
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

ladydi wrote:Jarkko,

Thank you SO very much for sharing that incredible photo of Leonard with us! The first time I saw it, it completely took my breath away! If this might ever be made into a poster I think many of us would consider purchasing it.....and of course, credits and any profits would be yours! :D

Meanwhile I will get my fix by looking at it every day or so! ;-)

All the best,
Diana
Diana, yes - a poster that is professionally produced - not one of these strange prints in doubtful quality you can order from the internet! - would be a brilliant idea! I am all with you there!
Henning

Post by Henning »

We might disagree on all the pizzas and pastas of this world but it seems to be common taste that Jarkko/Eija shot the photo of the year. It's a great one. That could be the theme of the mosaic project on the birthday thread.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
crystal

Post by crystal »

Henning wrote:We might disagree on all the pizzas and pastas of this world but it seems to be common taste that Jarkko/Eija shot the photo of the year. It's a great one. That could be the theme of the mosaic project on the birthday thread.
I second that, Henning. You are absolutely right.
Christel
Caren

Post by Caren »

crystal wrote:
Henning wrote:We might disagree on all the pizzas and pastas of this world but it seems to be common taste that Jarkko/Eija shot the photo of the year. It's a great one. That could be the theme of the mosaic project on the birthday thread.
I second that, Henning. You are absolutely right.
Christel
I couldn't agree more 8)

- Caren
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

We have a lot of video posted on YouTube by "useahalk" - an interesting view from the side!

Bird On A Wire -with some wonderful guitar by Bob Metzger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn4-tBG_ifs

There are a SEVENTEEN more videos from the Berlin show posted there by "useahalk!"
:D :D

I am not going to post all the links - but if you click on "MORE FROM useahalk" you will find them all.
ispellit

Post by ispellit »

Here's my humble vid of the concert.

EDIT: since there was a mistake in the vid - here's the new link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnn5B_MJqZY
Last edited by ispellit on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7,3
Actually

Post by Actually »

Cool, you could see those huge video screens! I only noticed them during the break... :oops:

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”