Meet-up in Venice!!!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Re: Meet-up in Venice!!!

Post by tomsakic »

Ken, when they say "thunderstorm / clouds" that usually means, as Andrea pointed, short storm and then everything sunny in one hour. The storms are usually in the afternoon - the pressure on hot days is getting worse and worse and then it has enough in the afternoon and the sky simply breaks... But until 7pm everything's OK... and more beautiful, as the sky is clean after the stormy Summer rain.

That Summer rain doesn't have anything in common with the English Summer rain. 8)

My train arrives 7am (you remember, Ken?;) on Monday, and leaves Tuesday evening, so except for the meet-up, show, and after party, I am opened to all kinds of lunches and sight-seings with old friends;)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

liverpoolken wrote:Tom

Keep me informed of your arrangements.

Seeing as I'm the self appointed The People's Republic Of Merseyside's ambassador to Venice I can meet you again at Santa Lucia station off the overnight train from Zagreb to formally welcome you to Venice.

I'm staying as usual in the Canneregio sestiere just a couple of minutes walk from the train station.

Maybe breakfast in my hotel after you have had a wash and brush up then we could walk round to the Hotel San Luca to wake up Jarkko, Eija, Willy, Wijbe, Andrea, Marco, Frauke, Ute and anybody else we know who staying there.

Ta Ken
Ken,

I also was away last week, I only now saw this message!

As last year (or 2 years ago??) when we went to Verona, it's the same train, same time, 07:30 am... Is the offer still valid?;)
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi Ken,
indeed as Tom says the italian rain has nothing to do with engish rain. I know you are used to Venice in autumn and winter. I usually dance for the rain in summer as it is so dry and hot. These days are very hot and of course a thunderstorm can come, but it' s a sort of impossible that a thunderstorm lasts a long time, so just relax and if it rains, it is just a warm shower ;-)
We will see....we all keep our fingers cross
Have a save trip and see you very soon :-)
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Thanks for the info Andrea.
I have decided to throw all caution to the wind and leave all my heavy weather clothing at home.
Shorts and sandals it is.

Tom
I will be waiting at the station at 7:30am on Monday morning.
You have my mobile number so if there's any delay or problem just send me a text.

Venezia qui veniamo!!!

Venecija ovdje dolazimo!!!

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
paola2

Post by paola2 »

And welcome in Italy again, welcome in Venice, don't worry for the rain, we are dying in this hot hot summer!!!
maureen

Post by maureen »

Hi Everyone, Just got to add, that as regards the weather, we were in Venice in June, and a thunderstorm was forecast, at the appointed hour, there was a few distant rumbles, then about 2 minutes of refreshing rain, while still sunny. Wonderful, not what us in the UK have got used to at all. Mind I have been in the mountains in northern Italy and have witnessed some spectacular light shows!!
So excited, and see you all there, for I guess if you are reading this then you might be going to Venice, see you there Leonard!!
Maureen
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

hi paula, andrea, jarkko eija, ken, tom and all the rest
i´m soo excited, i just can´t hide and as long as we´re together who cares about the weather?
ta ken , whats about a famous blue raincoat?

see you monday
ciao ragazzi
ute
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Here is the Venice venue at St Marqus Square (photo shot today!)
Attachments
sanmarco.jpg
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Oh wow. WOW!!

I can see our seats! :lol:

I am so looking forward to this one. It's going to be a very long wait until we fly on Sunday evening.

Wendy
maureen

Post by maureen »

hi Wendy,
Where are you flying from tomorrow, we leave from Bristol airport and get into Marco Polo at 21.15, maybe see you there, if not at one of the meet ups I'm sure!
Maureen
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

maureen wrote:hi Wendy,
Where are you flying from tomorrow, we leave from Bristol airport and get into Marco Polo at 21.15, maybe see you there, if not at one of the meet ups I'm sure!
Maureen
Hi Maureen

We are flying from E Midlands but we get in at about the same time as you. Maybe we'll meet up in the Alilaguna queue!

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I wish everyone in Venice a wonderful time and I know, of course, the concert will be awesome. How could it not be...Leonard, the band, Sharon, the Webb sisters, the lighting, the sound, and the Piazza san Marco! A brief relieving thunderstorm will be even more perfect. I wanted to be in Venice so much....you have no idea. So I am with you all in spirit! Enjoy every moment.

All the best,
Diana
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I hope it's not too hot - here in Croatia is dog heat but I do have to keep some dress code for the gig tomorrow - after seeing Leonard so fully dressed on 35 degrees! I can't stand the heat anymore....

Also, I do hope that the Italian prices of merchandise will be on some normal levels (as in Lucca), not like in London....
Henning

Post by Henning »

I hear there'll be a thunderstorm tonight in Venice.

Please folks - join me in my prayer:

"Good Lord save Len - let all the rain go down on Ken"

H.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
andrea

Post by andrea »

Henning,
no rain on Len, no rain on Ken, no rain on us all...
Leonard did include us obviously in his prayer to the angel of the St.Marks Square at the soundcheck, so the rain just fall between the soundcheck and the concert and then we had a beautiful concert on St. Marco. A great concert again :-)
More later, we just came back and have to recover and sort out...
Andrea and Marco
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”