Weybridge - tickets won't arrive until week before gig

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cpl593h

Weybridge - tickets won't arrive until week before gig

Post by cpl593h » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 pm

I have just had an email from Ticketmaster saying Weybridge tickets will not arrive at the buyer's home until the week of the gig.
Paula

Re: Weybridge - tickets won't arrive until week before gig

Post by Paula » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:55 pm

That is truly disgusting they really have people by the short and curlies
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
suzanne2

Post by suzanne2 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:25 am

Me too! I am completely disgusted by Ticketmaster. They must know that many people will not be able to be home in the week before the concert, or will be staying somewhere else. I can't believe I have paid a £13 'service' charge, and postage, to be treated like this. I have used their stupid 'help' page to send them emails, to which they don't reply, I have phoned them and got the automated message which says it will disconnect after you have listened, etc etc. They should simply be boycotted by all of us. Please join one of the bigger anti-Ticketmaster groups if you use Facebook or a similar site - the more people who express their disapproval the better.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:44 am

Hello suzanne2 - I just sent you an email about my experience, but I know that the mighty TM offices will be closed right now. For anyone else having the same problem - just persevere past all the "Take That" rubbish and press any old number they offer. Eventually you will be asked if you want to speak to an agent. It may take some time, but you can do it. The number I rang was 0870 242 4442. Hope this helps.

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:47 am

Oh by the way..... the nice lady I spoke to also refunded the FedEx charge for delivery.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
salomi

Post by salomi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Forgive me ladies are,nt you being a bit premature? Ticketmaster say "asssess for security , low risk location,save rearranging delivery.if the Postman delivers to you so will they. How many times will they want to do the same journey? :roll:
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 pm

salomi wrote:Forgive me ladies are,nt you being a bit premature? Ticketmaster say "asssess for security , low risk location,save rearranging delivery.if the Postman delivers to you so will they. How many times will they want to do the same journey? :roll:
I have no idea which posts you are referring to salomi? Suzanne and JoyEzekial were commenting on the fact that they will not be at the delivery address in the week before the show, not that they may be out when the postman calls. If you're elsewhere - as in away for the week etc - it won't matter how secure the premises are or what the redelivery arrangements are.

BTW the impression I got from the e-mail was that TM were using couriers rather than Royal Mail to deliver the tickets. Fine if they are using the "big boys" - UPS, DHL etc but I have had all sorts of problems with past "secure" deliveries by person-with-white-van so here's hoping it all works out OK for most of us.

What a load of fuss over a few concert tickets. In their defence, I'm sure TM will feel the same way but no doubt this is the way MBW wanted it.

Wendy
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:37 pm

We're not being premature, believe me. I live in Texas USA and will be travelling back to UK next week. So if my tickets were to be delivered to my home address 5 days before the event there is obviously no way I would get them. As these tickets were ordered months ago I didn't forsee this. I've just booked tickets with TM to see Crosy, Stills & Nash on August 28th and the tickets arrived yesterday.

So don't jump to conclusions, please!
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Joy did you book the CSN&Y tickets from US Tickermaster. Is it just the UK Tickmaster that acts in this cavaliar way? There are some people who booked tickets but can't go now but have no chance of selling them on because of this fiasco.

If it were not for the fact that Ticketmaster is virtually a monoply no other company could get away with this appalling service and have the cheek to charge a ridiclous amount of money on top of the ticket price as "service charge". They take the piss.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
margaret

Post by margaret » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Still waiting for our Liverpool tickets (only 3 days after Weybridge.) Ticketbastard really is taking the pi** :roll:

I will never use them again.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:24 am

Yes Paula, my CS&N tickets were booked in USA. I remember going through mega stress last year waiting for the O2 and Cardiff tickets - they just don't seem to appreciate that people have lives and do not spend every waking moment at home waiting for the postman, and heaven forbid that we should want to travel to another country. I know there was a lot of negative stuff going on when the tickets went on sale here for the Beacon Concert in NY, but generally speaking I have experienced few problems in the USA which is a service-oriented society.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 am

joyezekiel wrote: generally speaking I have experienced few problems in the USA which is a service-oriented society.
Sigh ... that may be true for people who live in the USA but not for visitors. The only delivery option for the North American tour for non-North American residents was box office collection by the credit card holder in person. If you can't make the show, tough, you forfeit your tickets. As for the fan pre-sales which Ticketmaster restricted to US and Canadian residents ..

I guess one country's Ticketmaster is as evil as the next country's.

Wendy
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:55 am

Mabeanie1 wrote: In their defence, I'm sure TM will feel the same way but no doubt this is the way MBW wanted it.
Wendy
Don't think it's anything to do with MBW; Ticketmaster still hasn't issued the Liverpool tickets either.

Melvyn.
mapman69

Post by mapman69 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:14 pm

Ticket Dispatch Update from Ticketmaster website:

As of today, 30th June, we are preparing to commence packing and printing these tickets. Ticket dispatch will commence ASAP. If you have not received your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact us back at that stage and alternative arrangements will be made to ensure your entry into the show.
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 am

I bought my parking ticket yesterday - £ 6 + 75p booking fee + they wanted £1.75 for postage. I eventually managed to speak to a person rather than a machine. The concert tickets will be printed next week - the can add on the parking tickets and so you only have to pay once for the postage.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”