Colmar, France, Aug 16 - ON SALE (May 30)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Maarten

Re: Colmar, France, Aug 16 - ON SALE (May 30)

Post by Maarten »

Hi Faithfully,

This is not the first time I would like to urge you to keep polite on this forum. We DO thank you very much for all the information you have provided about this concert and the translations, pictures,... but because nobody says it out loud, that still doesn't justify your language. You are a relatively new forum member and -once again- I love the fact that the World Tour attracts new members to this forum, but perhaps you should think twice (it's allright - no matter what Dylan says :) ) before reacting this way.

Anyway: I hope (know) you will enjoy the Leonard Cohen concert, since you are obviously a big fan!

Take care,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Bigger fan of Marianne Faithfull though!

Will see her tomorrow in Paris with her Kurt Weill program - and it's a sold out show!

attached a pic from yesterday in Linz (Austria) where she does this program TODAY (without me :( )

Have a nice weekend and yes, I am a big Leonard Cohen fan, since 30 years but have seen him last year only for the very first time! Glad he still tours or better say: has come back (luckily he needs money, otherwise maybe he would not have come back!? :roll: )

http://www.nachrichten.at/nachrichten/k ... t16,192516
faithfully

Colmar gig - cancel?

Post by faithfully »

There is a rumour in France about cancelling the Colmar gig as for lack of interest.
Or maybe, not for lack of reason in the end, but as many people on holiday in mid-August!?

Really hope not - as I do live only 40 mins from there!

Who has some concrete information about this?
Attachments
leonardcohen07.jpg
faithfully

Colmar gig - cancel?

Post by faithfully »

MR. COHEN PLEASE COME AND DON'T CANCEL THE SHOW, EVEN IF IT WON'T BE A SOLD OUT SHOW - I ADORE YOU AND YOU KNOW, I TOLD YOU LAST SUMMER AFTER THE SOUNDCHECK IN LÖRRACH GIVING YOU THE SUNFLOWER. MR. COHEN I ADORE YOU!!!
Last edited by faithfully on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puddingdale

Re: Colmar gig - cancel?

Post by Puddingdale »

Hmmm, isn't it a little early for the organizers to decide whether there is a lack of interest? Ticket sales have only just begun and with the little advertising that is done for the tour, I guess it just takes a while to "spread the word" ;-)
Well, at least I hope so, as with my rudimentary French I probably didn't only buy tickets but a washing machine along with them. :mrgreen: And of course: I do want to go... *sigh* So, let's hope it is nothing but a rumour.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

This tour isn't really advertised by local promoters.

Last year it was a big news that LC is performing again and at this point all the tickets for Summer tour in Europe were sold. Now only one show is sold out, I noticed that fact with little fear. Also heard that some arenas are simply to big for Leonard Cohen this year as his never-ending tour is some kind of accepted fact right now...
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Tom,
I know that the Antwerp concert (July 4th) is sold out and that there are still people looking for tickets... Is this the only show that's already sold out?! Or were you refering to another concert? We Belgians have been lucky to see Leonard Cohen live 3 times already (Bruges and twice Brussels) and now the 4th concert sold out quickly... Should I ask the management for an extra concert on the 5th? :)

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

According to the Leonard Cohen Files only sold out show so far is Girona.

True, this year (in difference to the last year's tour) it seems that we also get fewer news from local fans about ticket sales. For some cities we knew for the presales but no about the development (after presale for us finished, what's with regular sales?).

True, I clicked the link to Antwerpen - it says sold out! Keep up the good work :razz:
faithfully

Really hope not!

Post by faithfully »

But it wouldn't surprise me as already the Cyndi Lauper Europe tour got cancelled and today I got to know also the one of Lauryn Hill! :cry:
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Well, as far as I can tell, Lauryn Hill cancelled her tour for health reasons and Cyndi Lauper had scheduling conflicts. Concert ticket sales generally are said to be holding up well despite the hard economic times we are going through and my impression is that, whilst Leonard's shows have not sold out as quickly this year as they did last, ticket sales have nonetheless been very good and (subject to any late availability shenanigans) the tickets that are available now are towards the back in enormous arenas and auditoria.

Wendy
tomsakic

Colmar gig IS NOT UNDER QUESTION

Post by tomsakic »

From Patrice Close, our French webmaster (http://www.leonardcohensite.com):
About Colmar :
there are 8500 places, Scorpions have already sold 4000 tickets and Leonard Cohen 3000.

http://www.lalsace.fr/fr/article/168192 ... mplet.html

-:)

I have also another urgent plea for new members:
1. think twice before you post same messages to different sections of the forum
2. use the appropriate forum section for your messages (every section has its description and you can't miss)
3. please do not open new thread for existing discussions (that includes tickets for venues and discussion about shows which already have its own thread)
4. PLEASE do not attach pictures and images without real need - this is very important because forum has it's own bandwidth limit and allowed traffic and size of attachments and in behaving this way we're in danger of overload!
You have to remember that somebody pays for this bandwidth, site etc. (Jarkko) as this is the fan forum of fan website http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com
thanks - no harm done - being nice one to another is the key :)
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

Thank you so much for this information, Tom! That's lots of tickets sold in two weeks. Phew. :D
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Re: Colmar,

Never underestimate to ability of LC to fill a venue. At Red Rocks, after the postponement to two days after the scheduled date, we were all concerned. Sooooo many diehard fans were unable to make changes in their schedules in order to be able to attend on the new date. We thought, 'OMG, LC will be playing to a sparse audience'. Never fear, this did not happen. I suspect that there are many people who wait until the last minute to purchase tickets. Not only Red Rocks, but Columbia, Md, were filled to almost capacity. Both these venues until the last day appearred to only be half full. What a joy to see the multitudes attending and what a multitude it was in both cases. Full of energy and appreciation for the Master :D :D :D :!:

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Can't imagine they cancel Colmar!

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”