Venice, August 3 - on sale from May 6

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
liverpoolken

Re: Venice, August 3 - on sale from May 6

Post by liverpoolken » Wed May 20, 2009 11:40 am

jasmina wrote:when we can expect our tickets by post?
jasmina

I live in the UK and my tickets for Venice arrived this morning

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
dharma

Post by dharma » Wed May 20, 2009 1:47 pm

I also got my tickets this morning. :D

I just noticed the starting time for the concert is 9:30pm. I hope we don't get a shorter set from Leonard because of the late start.
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Wed May 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Dharma: it's because the night falls down at 9 in that period of the year. Last year, in Lucca, July 27, the show started at 9pm and finished at 00:30. Complete set with all the encores.

Ta Ken: Italian post is VERY slow, and then add the Croatian (and other Eastern) post to that... 8)
andrea

Post by andrea » Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Just to let you know THE TICKETS I HAVE BOUGHT HAVE ARRIVED today :-)
looking forward to it
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
jasmina

Post by jasmina » Thu May 21, 2009 9:42 am

After London and Wien - now: Venice, summer, Placa San Marco and LEONARD!
Can't imagine nothing more fascinating :!:
The hotel room we booked, tickets for train are in our pockets - just wait a postman with our concert tickets :lol:
Shane

Post by Shane » Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Tom Sakic wrote:Ta Ken: Italian post is VERY slow, and then add the Croatian (and other Eastern) post to that... 8)
You speak true, Tom. Mine still haven't arrived. We've ordered through NewSound in Rijeka, cause I've had bad experiences with Ticketone last year with Tom Waits and again now with Cohen, so this will probably add to the delay.

*tick-tock*
never could stand that dog...
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Wasn't there an option that you can pick up the ticket before the show, with the printed email and an ID?

We didn't have any problems with Lucca tickets last year, they arrived to Zagreb safely.

But I am still getting spams from "Born-something" Italian website....
jasmina

Post by jasmina » Fri May 22, 2009 10:10 am

I got my tickets yesterday by DHL ;-)
Waxy's Dargle

Post by Waxy's Dargle » Fri May 22, 2009 8:56 pm

I saw Elton John in concert in Piazza San Marco last summer in July. Not a fan (like his early stuff) but hey we were there on holiday & a concert in the "Drawing Room of Europe" was not to be missed. A concert of great moments - the main star being the square (when candle in the wind started all the lights went down & lights around the periphery of the square lit up - a magic moment. I remember saying to my wife, at the time, if only it was Leonard or Pink Floyd playing.

Anyway, we got some cheapest seats (40 euro) and they were great - no problem at all. The square is not huge so you can probably rest assured that all seats will be reasonably good. One of the great things about the concert was that there was no stream of traffic to and from a beer tent, no drunken idiots - so much more respect & attention shown to the artist. This factor alone, I found to be one of the best elements of the show. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all staid & without atmosphere - lots of people were allowed to walk up to the stage and take photos! Near the end of the show lots of people just left their seat and walked up to the stage, so the last 30 mins were spent dancing & singing at the front. Don't know if this will be the same at LC?

Have a look on youtube for the elton john concert to get an idea of a concert in this square - here's one we made from our seat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8ooVsCa ... annel_page

You'll love it - a once in a life experience!
marianne.s

Post by marianne.s » Sat May 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Waxy`s Dargle

I`ve seen the video yet - wasn`t there any screen at the Piazza?
Shane

Post by Shane » Mon May 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Tom Sakic wrote:Wasn't there an option that you can pick up the ticket before the show, with the printed email and an ID?
There was, via Ticketone. But as I said, we couldn't buy from them so we went through NewSound from Rijeka and they're only posting the tickets.

We had no problems picking up tickets at the venue for last year's Tom Waits show, though.
never could stand that dog...
sirp2000

Post by sirp2000 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Does anyone know how I can successfully purchase tickets? I have registered with TicketOne, gone through the process of securing two good seats but all three of my credit/debit cards always get refused (they are always accepted elsewhere). I live in England.

Getting desperate! Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Philip
maureen

Post by maureen » Wed May 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi Philip,
Why don't you try emailing them to ask why, here's the link ecomm.customerservice@ticketone.it They were helpful to me and quick to respond. Hope that you succeed!
sirp2000

Post by sirp2000 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Thanks Maureen. I had emailed, but to a slightly different address, with no reply. I have now tried again to the address you suggested. Fingers crossed!
Relate

Post by Relate » Wed May 27, 2009 2:45 pm

sirp2000 wrote:Does anyone know how I can successfully purchase tickets? I have registered with TicketOne, gone through the process of securing two good seats but all three of my credit/debit cards always get refused (they are always accepted elsewhere). I live in England.

Getting desperate! Thanks for any help or suggestions.
The very same thing happened to me. You just need to have a word with your bank so that they know it is you who is making the transaction.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”