Prague, August 29 - on sale

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Prague, August 29 - now confirmed

Post by jarkko » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 am

The concert promoter in Prag is holding an allocation of tickets for our members until next Tuesday:

- 24x platinum (best available in groups of 4) -5500 kor = about 206 eur
- 12x gold (best available) - 3990 kor = about 150 eur
- 12x 100 level (good seats) - 1790 kor = about 67 eur

To order these tickets, send an e-mail to info@sazkaticket.cz and let them know that you are a Forum member. You will have to pay by bank transfer (the details come from them).

The online ticket sale begins tomorrow.
Links to the ticket sale:
http://www.sazkaticket.cz/Ticket/eventD ... d=19069833 (CZ)
http://www.sazkaticket.cz/TicketEN/even ... d=19069836 (EN)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Re: NO PRE-SALE to PRAG - tickets on sale, special arrangement

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:40 pm

A point to note is that payment from abroad is by bank transfer. I know this is a common form of payment in parts of Europe but we don't have it here in the UK.

W
tomsakic

Re: TICKET ALLOCATION TO PRAGUE

Post by tomsakic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 pm

It's not so common (actually this is my first encounter with it) - we use credit cards usually :)

Also, Eventim is multinational company - i.e. on the Croatian Eventim you can easily buy tickets for Leonard's shows in Hungary and Austria and pick up it at store or use the post delivery....
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 am

Oh yeah,
if you lived in the Czech Republic, you know that almost everything here works differently than the rest of the world :roll: .. here in the decade it does not change anything, unfortunately ...
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Laura

Post by Laura » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 am

Suzanne: I can certainly understand how that is! If it comforts you that things can be even worse in other countries... They didn't sell abroad at all for the concert here last year.

I tried ordering, but I doubt I'll actually manage to get the ticket. Not only they want money transfer, they want it in czech currency! I bet the banks here (which are not very smart) are going to find that impossible to understand :-( Or that the payment will not be correct because somehow in the transfer I'll end up with one or two CZK less.

Laura
vector

Post by vector » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Have anyone ordered platinum tickets? What seats (i.e. row) did you get? I had a little hope that i can get first or second row, but no, it's fourth..:(
:)
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 pm

If it is really urgent for any of you guys and if you are on Paypal, I can do a bank transfer for you from Germany and you can paypal me the money! Just let me know...
Good luck with the sale, anyway!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:03 pm

I agree it is very complicated :roll: . I try to explain why it is.

Sazka company who invited Leonard to Prague is basically betting company, they do National Lottery etc. and they are owners or co-owners /not sure on that/ of O2 Arena. So tickets are not sold through classic ticketing company like Ticketmaster, Ticketportal /like in Slovakia/ or any other but directly by them. They also own those on-line terminals and naturally they like to sell most of tickets through them which leaves people from abroad in big disadvantage as they can pay only by bank transfer :cry: I am Czech but temporarily living abroad and I have account in the Czech Republic and no internet banking /I was lazy to do it, ha,ha/. I reserved tickets and now I have to engage my poor father to do picking and above all payment. But he is a good father and he will do it for me. And I promise /publicly/ to pay him back :D

Laura, I believe banks are able to transfer from currency to currency but I may be naive. If you would like to go to Prague I can do reservation for you and my good father or some friend can do picking. Write me to my e-mail vpodebradska@hotmail.com if you wishme to do it.

It was so easy last time in Prague /or anywhere else for that matter/. Go to Internet, book, pay, go. But nothing can stop us. :lol:

Regards,

Vlasta
ronnievv

Post by ronnievv » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Oh yes... my sentiments exactly. Sazka Ticket is an cumbersome giant, not suited to selling tickets, BUT as o2 Arena used to be Sazka Arena just a short time ago, all events held there are usually sold just through them (sigh).
Just so you all know - they're just selling first rows of "gold" section, which weren't available in the morning. I've just changed my reservation form 20th to 13th row center.
Veronika: Prague 2008/Berlin 2009/Bratislava 2009/Prague 2009/Prague 2013...
Laura

Post by Laura » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh dear, I forgot that Kafka was from Prague... I think that tells me what kind of paperwork to expect! :-( So far I wrote to the address here, they told me to send my address and details (and they didn't appear to know anything about the tickets for forum members! pretty strange), so I did that, and I waited and waited all day for a confirmation... and didn't get any. So I guess I didn't reserve anything. Damn. Anyone else tried that?

Laura
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 am

I just had a look at the website out of curiosity. It seems to be allowing me to reserve tickets in the second row of the centre block! Maybe it's easier to book online that try to reserve by e-mail? I don't know about payment arrangements though.

Wendy
Laura

Post by Laura » Sun May 03, 2009 1:46 am

Wendy: if you read their rules, they say you can make the reservation on the net, but then you must go to their office in person to pay and pick up the ticket. And I'd rather not fly to Prague for that!

In the meantime, about 3/4 of the tickets are gone, I got no answer to my mail, I can't phone them because they're of course closed over the weekend, and I'm pretty furious! Very furious, actually.

Laura
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:57 am

Laura wrote: In the meantime, about 3/4 of the tickets are gone, I got no answer to my mail, I can't phone them because they're of course closed over the weekend, and I'm pretty furious! Very furious, actually.

Laura
I don't blame you - I would be too.

Good luck Laura and I hope you get your tickets.

W
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT » Sun May 03, 2009 8:22 pm

For all,
I say now, like it works only with us in "Absurdistan" :oops: .
And now imagine that, like almost everything here works ... yes Laura, Kafka ... nothing seems changed from the time ... I 'm sorry, I am by these delays I only do 13 series ...
But in Prague it is nice and worth visiting. That day and evening in the streets breathing history and a great evening concert-it is still amazing, no? ;-) :!:
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Laura

Post by Laura » Sun May 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Suzanne, I've been to Prague 3 years ago, that's why I want to come back. :-)
Don't excuse yourself too much, you are lucky to have the city you have.

Laura

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”