TEL AVIV CONCERT

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sorcerer

Re: TEL AVIV CONCERT

Post by sorcerer »

yeah and he's also howled Like a dog in heat
TGuy

Post by TGuy »

Rumor has it that sales begin this Saturday evening ....

Hope and wait... wait and hope...
mirka

Post by mirka »

Looks like it's going to happen:
All of the net proceeds from Leonard Cohen's September 24 concert at Ramat Gan Stadium will be earmarked for a newly established fund to benefit Israeli and Palestinian organizations that are working toward conciliation, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

According to the legendary Canadian singer-songwriter's manager, Robert Kory, the Fund For Reconciliation, Tolerance and Peace will provide financial support for organizations and individuals working in Israel and the Palestinian Authority, focusing on bereaved Israeli and Palestinian parents who have experienced loss, yet continue to strive to achieve peace in the region through their efforts.

Both Cohen and AEG Live, his worldwide concert promoter, are also donating 100 percent of their earnings from the concert, the final date on Cohen's European tour, to the fund.
[...]
To emphasize that all systems are go for September 24, however, Kory disclosed that various production issues which had made the concert uncertain have been resolved.

"We don't do shows unless the sound, lights and production requirements are precisely to our standards. Look at the reviews on the tour - the sound is getting singled out," said Kory.

"It's taken time, but our production team is getting on a plane today to fly to Israel to sign off on the final sound setup. Even though it's a stadium, it's going to sound like Leonard's playing in a living room."
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Einat

Post by Einat »

Thanks Mirka!
Finally information that is more than just a rumor , personally I'll believe it is happening only when I see it happening but this info is really encouraging.
It is also good to know that the profits are going to charity and that the production people are taking care of the sound problems in the Stadium - anyone whos been to concerts in Ramat Gan's stadium knows how problematic this is.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The ticketing info will be available this week and posted here as soon as the permissions has been granted.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Inna

Post by Inna »

jarkko wrote:The ticketing info will be available this week and posted here as soon as the permissions has been granted.
Hallelujah!

Thank you Jarkko.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Yes!! I am really, really happy for you people... :razz: I'll be thinking of you, wish I could be there with you!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

This does look like very, very encouraging news.
I know you guys in Israel will give Leonard and the band a warm welcome that they will never forget!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
mutti

Post by mutti »

How wonderful! I am so happy for all of you in Israel and those going..
by the way its not Passover...but the Jewish New Year- between the 19th and 28th of September..
so what a way to bring in the New Year...
Wish I could be there but will be thinking of such a great concert happening.
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The pre-sale to Tel Aviv is explained here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16400
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”