Any concert in the Balkans?

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Re: Any concert in the Balkans?

Post by tomsakic »

Rodin wrote:play to fat cats in Monaco or at a shrine to consumerism -Mercedes Benz World in the richest county in the UK.
Two shows in resort in Monte Carlo :? :
August 22nd & 23rd: LEONARD COHEN
Diner-show: 350€
Site and tickets: http://en.sportingmontecarlo.com - so, if you like the idea...
Laura

Post by Laura »

Well, Jurnalul National, the same newspaper who took part in organising the last-year's concert, yesterday talked about a concert in Bucharest in september (http://www.jurnalul.ro/stire-muzica/con ... 05843.html). As there is no clear date mentioned (it only says "september" and gives a list of concerts that are already clear), that sounds very much like a rumour and nothing more, but... Jarkko, have you heard anything about that?

Laura

***[Edited] Oh yes! / Jarkko***
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

There's a gap between September 1st and 10th in the itinerary - but it could be the 2nd ten days break (first is August 1-10).

Another city in the area was also mentioned, for the first days of September, so obviously something is going on around the dates immediately after the Budapest show.
daniela07

Post by daniela07 »

Hello everybody,
I'm new here, but I was visiting this site since last year. I appreciate it very much, a big thanks to Jarkko for all that he's doing.
Friends, please excuse my bad english.
I'm just another Leonard Cohen fan hoping for a concert in Bucharest Romania this year. Sure, Budapest or Prague are close enough to us, but when you want to travel with small kids - to make them hear good music since their very young age! - it's a little bit more complicated (accomodations and everything).
So, for all of you, from neighbourhood or not, interested to see Leonard in Bucharest, here are two other links that announced yesterday, April the 28th, "Leonard Cohen back in Romania this year?/ in september?" I don't know if it's just a rumour, but we keep on hope. Fingers crossed!
daniela07

Post by daniela07 »

tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

The tickets for Wiesen in Burgenland, Austria and for Budapest can be bought from http://www.eventim.hr also, in Croatian language - direct link is http://www.eventim.hr/portal/hr/search/ ... NARD+COHEN

Also, there will be organised transport with bus from Zagreb to Budapest (370 kn plus the ticket price), from next week at http://www.urban-travel.com/
Laura

Post by Laura »

Laura wrote:Well, Jurnalul National, the same newspaper who took part in organising the last-year's concert, yesterday talked about a concert in Bucharest in september (http://www.jurnalul.ro/stire-muzica/con ... 05843.html). As there is no clear date mentioned (it only says "september" and gives a list of concerts that are already clear), that sounds very much like a rumour and nothing more, but... Jarkko, have you heard anything about that?

Laura

***[Edited] Oh yes! / Jarkko***

Oh yes what?!!! Jarkko, I could hug you... if you were more clear!

Laura
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Oh yes, hugs please (meanwhile relax and be patient until Monday :roll: )
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Jarkko ---
there you go:

* HUG!! *

And about time I gave you one, too... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Laura

Post by Laura »

Monday?!! Do you know how many minutes are until then?!!

Laura

PS: Hugs after the news!
Laura

Post by Laura »

Ok... half of my fingernails are already gone, and I'm thinking of starting on the fingers soon... but don't worry, this is just my way of "waiting relaxed and patient"!

Laura
daniela07

Post by daniela07 »

Thank you, Jarkko! Who doesn't like mondays? :D
vladb

Post by vladb »

Bloody hell! *hugs Jarkko as well*
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We need to save Laura's fingers, so I'm announcing the next concert right now, at 00.05 am on Monday (it was to be announced on Monday!):

Bucharest, Romania, Piata Constitutiei, September 4.
Pre-sale on Tuesday May 5, general sale May 6. See the separate pre-sale thread.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
vladb

Post by vladb »

This is fantastic. I remember reading an article after last year's concert saying the tour manager mentioned the possibility of coming back to Romania, but I didn't get any hopes up. Thanks for bringing us the news Jarkko.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”