Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Post Reply
User avatar
burningviolin
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:50 am
Location: Ireland.

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by burningviolin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Thats all fine and dandy when you've got a ticket in your hand but I'm leaving for Liverpool next week, no ticket arrived yet and nails are eaten away at this stage. Have been in 'contact' but no satisfaction yet. There are built in protections in the printed out tickets, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
User avatar
Paul Zagreb
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Paul Zagreb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:36 pm

burningviolin wrote:Thats all fine and dandy when you've got a ticket in your hand but I'm leaving for Liverpool next week, no ticket arrived yet and nails are eaten away at this stage. Have been in 'contact' but no satisfaction yet. There are built in protections in the printed out tickets, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.
A similar thing happened to me regarding Manchester Opera House last year. It is disgusting but as long as you have access to a computer there is a solution I think ... eventually, ticketmaster lets you send them a web-mail saying your tickets had not arrived and they arrange for a spare set for you at the box office. But I seem to remember that their software will not let you send such a message until about 72 hours before the show which is a real problem and pain if you are travelling! Good luck .. I may well end up in the same situation (as many others I think) .. there should be pressure put on them to send the tickets earlier!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
User avatar
burningviolin
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:50 am
Location: Ireland.

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by burningviolin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:29 pm

Paul Zagreb wrote:
burningviolin wrote:Thats all fine and dandy when you've got a ticket in your hand but I'm leaving for Liverpool next week, no ticket arrived yet and nails are eaten away at this stage. Have been in 'contact' but no satisfaction yet. There are built in protections in the printed out tickets, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.
A similar thing happened to me regarding Manchester Opera House last year. It is disgusting but as long as you have access to a computer there is a solution I think ... eventually, ticketmaster lets you send them a web-mail saying your tickets had not arrived and they arrange for a spare set for you at the box office. But I seem to remember that their software will not let you send such a message until about 72 hours before the show which is a real problem and pain if you are travelling! Good luck .. I may well end up in the same situation (as many others I think) .. there should be pressure put on them to send the tickets earlier!
Thanks for the advice. will keep it in mind if all comes to all. Have sent email, keep checking to see if they replied but they haven't yet. My brother had a similar problem with tickets for a UK concert but they arrived the day before he left which was the day of the concert or something...cutting it waaaaaaayyyyyyyy too fine!!!They have some excuse on their web site saying that they often don't get their tickets allocated or that that tickets aren't printed up by a third party like a promoter until close to the date. They've had 3 months, doesn't matter what the ticket looks like, just gimmie gimmie gimmie!! :D fingers crossed for all of us!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
User avatar
daveeliver
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by daveeliver » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 am

Hi All.
The Dispensary at the top of Renshaw Street Liverpool will be a good place to meet in on Tuesday 14th.It's a decent pub and frequented regularly by Ken and myself.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?source=ig ... 2207376131

It is a 10 minute walk from Lime Street railway station, surrounded by varied good quality restaurants and near to other pubs of interest.
It is a 20/30 minute walk from the arena and there is plentiful parking available nearby.A taxi to the arena is only about £5
The licensee is happy for us to meet there and a few trays of sandwiches etc will be provided for those not visiting one of the local restaurants.
I imagine people will be arriving from 5 ish onwards but we should leave about 7.
Details of an afterconcert venue will be posted over the weekend and later maps,details of restaurants and other ideas.
Looking forward to seeing you all, maybe also some people will be in town on Monday night,
Hope my tickets eventually arrive
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
stan
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by stan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:24 am

Hi all
Im coming down from Sunderland, can any one recomend a good low priced hotel or B&B.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
Melvyn
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Melvyn » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am

stan wrote:can any one recomend a good low priced hotel or B&B.
Premier Inn is good & close by -

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInfo ... elId=24150

Melvyn.
stan
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by stan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks Melvin i will check it out.cant wait for the night and to revisit Liverpool after 30 years of being away.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
stan
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by stan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:57 am

The last time i was in Liverpool i saw Bad company and mott the hoople.lol
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
User avatar
Paul Zagreb
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Paul Zagreb » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:41 am

stan wrote:The last time i was in Liverpool i saw Bad company and mott the hoople.lol
Dare I admit this (I was only 19!) I think in 1978 I was in the front row for Bad Company concert at the Liverpool Empire :oops:
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
User avatar
Paul Zagreb
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Paul Zagreb » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:42 am

daveeliver wrote:Hi All.
The Dispensary at the top of Renshaw Street Liverpool will be a good place to meet in on Tuesday 14th.It's a decent pub and frequented regularly by Ken and myself.

Dave
Excellent Dave .. can 12 year olds join as long as they promise only to drink mild???
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
User avatar
daveeliver
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by daveeliver » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Stan,
The Campanile near to the Arena are advertising rooms for £35/night. It's not a bad hotel and next to the casino!!!

http://webbooking.louvre-hotels.fr/defa ... CA&l=en-GB

Hi Paul,
Looking forward to meeting with you and your son again. Pity Liverpool aren't playing but there are stadium and museum tours
Excellent Dave .. can 12 year olds join as long as they promise only to drink mild???
Ill ask the licensee but am sure there will be no problem except for the mild.
They occasionally have Sarah Hughes Ruby mild, 6% of creamy pleasure!!!
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
stan
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Sunderland

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by stan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Paul

You can admit to seeing bad company, as they were the band to see at the time,i saw them 5 times and FREE 3 TIMES,
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
User avatar
ninasspacechild
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:40 pm
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by ninasspacechild » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:54 pm

I just contacted Ticketmaster and they are still awaiting tickets to be delivered to them from the promoters.

I spoke to Liverpool Echo arena and they said it is nothing to do with them and they can't help with Ticketmaster bookings anyway.

So that gives us 8 posting days for the tickets to arrive from the promoters to Ticketmaster and then for them to get them out to us.

Not much time at all. Worried.
The sea refuses no river
Melvyn
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Melvyn » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm

ninasspacechild wrote:I just contacted Ticketmaster and they are still awaiting tickets to be delivered to them from the promoters..
I wonder how true that is.

Melvyn.
User avatar
burningviolin
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:50 am
Location: Ireland.

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by burningviolin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:43 am

Melvyn wrote:
ninasspacechild wrote:I just contacted Ticketmaster and they are still awaiting tickets to be delivered to them from the promoters..
I wonder how true that is.

Melvyn.

Yeah, I don't quite understand that statement. By that statement I mean the one from Ticketmaster. Aren't ticketmaster tickets generic, printed on generic paper? Or am I way off...?
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Post Reply

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”