Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Ticketmaster appear to have a pre-sale for this show from 9.00 am this morning. Does anyone know anything about this? Please? Pretty please?

Tickets appear to be on sale to the public from Friday.

Wendy
cpl593h

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July (unconfirmed)

Post by cpl593h »

very interesting. anyone have anything on this?

am waiting for full tour list before buying tickets anyway, as Liverpool Arena is a bog-standard, soul-less cavern (excuse pun)to see music of this intimacy.

i mean, hopefully there will be the mix of arenas and small theatres, as before and as in the US/Canada tour

however, if it's all we're going to get then count me in!!!!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cpl593h wrote:
am waiting for full tour list before buying tickets anyway, as Liverpool Arena is a bog-standard, soul-less cavern (excuse pun)to see music of this intimacy.
I am only grateful that the date is one I can do, soul-less cavern or no! My son's graduation ceremony is in Canterbury on July 15 and I am due to be on holiday from July 16 to 28. My biggest fear is / was that existing commitments might mean that I missed the whole tour!

Wendy
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

Mabeanie1 wrote: I am only grateful that the date is one I can do, soul-less cavern or no! My son's graduation ceremony is in Canterbury on July 15 and I am due to be on holiday from July 16 to 28. My biggest fear is / was that existing commitments might mean that I missed the whole tour!

Wendy
that's fair enough. if it was the only one i could make it would definitely be there! am hoping there'll be others, though

can't wait for full tour list - just think if they play some lovely little theatre AND it's before you go on hols! i went to manchester opera house, twice, and paris olympia and they were very special.

having said that, i also went to dublin and that was amazing too!!

can't wait!
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

cpl593h wrote:very interesting. anyone have anything on this?

i mean, hopefully there will be the mix of arenas and small theatres, as before and as in the US/Canada tour

Is it that bad? Worse than the O2? That is a bit of a bog-standard souless cavern too but I didnt mind too much being 15 rows or from the front.
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

danslenoir wrote:

Is it that bad? Worse than the O2? That is a bit of a bog-standard souless cavern too but I didnt mind too much being 15 rows or from the front.
it's smaller than the O2 - maybe even half that size, i think. however, an arena is an arena is an arena, isn't it? i agree, being near the front (which i hope members of this community will be) really helps.

pity it's not the Empire, though.

am hoping for one or two little gems in the tour, aren't you?

now, where's that full tour list, Jarkko ??!!!
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

cpl593h wrote:
danslenoir wrote:

it's smaller than the O2 - maybe even half that size, i think. however, an arena is an arena is an arena, isn't it? i agree, being near the front (which i hope members of this community will be) really helps.

pity it's not the Empire, though.

am hoping for one or two little gems in the tour, aren't you?

now, where's that full tour list, Jarkko ??!!!
Yeah of course I'd prefer a venue like the Royal Albert Hall again, but Jarkko has hinted that this will be the only UK date on this run of European dates so I'd rather not hold off buying (hopefully, but probably not knowing ticketmaster) decent seats for this show whilst waiting for something else that probably isnt going to happen.

Annoying that I'll be in Paris about 3 weeks before he is.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Liverpool IS listed in the first list I have, so the date is correct - but unfortunately I have still no permission to post the whole list, as there are details open.
Actually I haven't said Liverpool is the only date in GB, there might be another.

However, here follows a list of the countries that are included in this first tentative list (not confirmed!!!):
Germany, Belgium, Great Britain, Northen Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Spain, France, Monaco, Portugal, Greece.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Fantastic to think Leonard is coming back to Ireland :D
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

jarkko wrote:Liverpool IS listed in the first list I have, so the date is correct - but unfortunately I have still no permission to post the whole list, as there are details open.
Actually I haven't said Liverpool is the only date in GB, there might be another.

However, here follows a list of the countries that are included in this first list (not confirmed!!!):
Germany, Belgium, UK, Northen Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Spain, France, Monaco, Portugal, Greece.
I said 'hinted' ;)

Is there any chance of the list being published by Friday? I'm going to have to buy Liverpool tickets if not, which would make it rather annoying if a another date closer to home (London) was announced.
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

jarkko wrote:Liverpool IS listed in the first list I have, so the date is correct - but unfortunately I have still no permission to post the whole list, as there are details open.

However, here follows a list of the countries that are included in this first list (not confirmed!!!):
Germany, Belgium, UK, Northen Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Spain, France, Monaco, Portugal, Greece.

thanks VERY much for this, Jarkko

any idea when you can publish the full tour details? also, you keep saying 'first' list - will there be more than one elements to the tour?
Actually

Post by Actually »

There's only one price... Is it GA? :shock:
And is buying those tickets in the presale?

Edit: I just noticed that my last sentence doesn't make much sense without "who".
Last edited by Actually on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have emailed AEG Live again today to ask when the schedule can be made public.
The draft I have has close to 30 tentative dates but possibly some more will be added. I guess
AEG will be 100% sure with all the dates before going out with it - wrong dates might cause big problems!

I will get the list up immediately after getting green light from the persons who have to make the decision.

Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Actually wrote:There's only one price... Is it GA? :shock:
Actually

The show will almost certainly NOT be GA. £75 was a "standard" price for most of the UK shows last year. The Royal Albert Hall tickets were quite a bit more expensive and there may have been some cheaper tickets at the O2 and some of the other arena shows. However, with only 1-2 shows (or whatever) I imagine they will be reasonably confident of selling all the seats at £75.

Wendy

** Ticket prices now showing as £55-75
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Actually

Post by Actually »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Actually wrote:There's only one price... Is it GA? :shock:
Actually

The show will almost certainly NOT be GA. £75 was a "standard" price for most of the UK shows last year. The Royal Albert Hall tickets were quite a bit more expensive and there may have been some cheaper tickets at the O2 and some of the other arena shows. However, with only 1-2 shows (or whatever) I imagine they will be reasonably confident of selling all the seats at £75.

Wendy
So everybody is paying the same no matter where he's sitting? Wow, so you'll have to be even faster...

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”