Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cpl593h

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July

Post by cpl593h » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Paul Zagreb wrote:The fans .. that's us right :D Well I should be in the pre-sale for U2 for Zagreb and - hopefully - for Leonard in Liverpool ... Jarkko, any tickets for the Champions League final in Rome?????
if only you'd let me know earlier - i had two spares for the LFC v Cheatski game, but they have now gone to a mate
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

cpl593h wrote:
Paul Zagreb wrote:The fans .. that's us right :D Well I should be in the pre-sale for U2 for Zagreb and - hopefully - for Leonard in Liverpool ... Jarkko, any tickets for the Champions League final in Rome?????
if only you'd let me know earlier - i had two spares for the LFC v Cheatski game, but they have now gone to a mate
I don't suppose a proposal to change the forum to Leonard Cohen and Liverpool Fc would -sadly- gain much support .. but we are all complex creatures with multiple identifications (I think I read some here who professed to like Billy Joel :roll: ) --- what a shame .. I try to take my 12 year old son to only two pilgrammages .. Leonard in concert and Liverpool at Anfield ... .
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Paul Zagreb wrote:
I don't suppose a proposal to change the forum to Leonard Cohen and Liverpool Fc would -sadly- gain much support ...
NO!

Aston Villa supporter
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Paul Zagreb wrote:
cpl593h wrote:
(I think I read some here who professed to like Billy Joel :roll: ) --- what a shame .. I try to take my 12 year old son to only two pilgrammages .. Leonard in concert and Liverpool at Anfield ... .
am full of admiration for you. am succeeding on only one of those projects - my 14 year old daughter has been a regular Kopite since she was four. she even went to Istanbul.

however, i was in the car the other day trying to explain the depth of the lyrics to The Future to her. you know, kept interpreting the words, explaining Lenny's apocalytic vision, etc...eventually, i realised she had been texting a friend throughout my efforts. so i gave up.

oh well. at least she's a Red!
John J

Post by John J » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm

If the 14/7 is correct this will be part of the Summer Pops which runs for the whole of July.

I hope Leonard does what Van Morrison has started doing and insisting the bar is closed during the concert
because this is a major problem at this venue,people up and down throughout backwards and forwards to the bar.
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:27 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Paul Zagreb wrote:
I don't suppose a proposal to change the forum to Leonard Cohen and Liverpool Fc would -sadly- gain much support ...
NO!

Aston Villa supporter
what, one of the ones that left early from the Anfield drubbing? ho ho ho
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:31 am

John J wrote:
I hope Leonard does what Van Morrison has started doing and insisting the bar is closed during the concert because this is a major problem at this venue,people up and down throughout backwards and forwards to the bar.
I am all for this is theory, but what Van Morrison has actually done, since Autumn 2008, is insist that venue bars either are not opened at all or do not sell alcohol. It caused quite an outcry and at the Liverpool Phil show last year even the security guys were making cracks like "no smiling, no enjoying yourself" etc etc.

Of course, what happens in practice is that people tank up beforehand in the local hostelries then arrive late for the show so it achieves nothing - people are still going in and out of the auditorium througout the show.

Wendy
Melvyn

Re: Liverpool Echo Arena - Tuesday 14 July (unconfirmed)

Post by Melvyn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 am

[quote="Actually"]There's only one price... Is it GA? :shock:
And is buying those tickets in the presale?

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone tell me what GA stands for please?

Regards.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
marianne.s wrote:what means GA? :roll: :roll:
"General Admission" meaning unreserved seating or standing.

W
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am

" "General Admission" meaning unreserved seating or standing."

Excellent, thank you.

Regards,

Melvyn.
ninasspacechild

Post by ninasspacechild » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 pm

This could be my last chance to see leonard in the UK so I have just purchased two tickets. Block C about hlfway back, in front of the stage.

I'm very excited.
The sea refuses no river
Fontana

Post by Fontana » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Hallelujah as Leonard Cohen added to Liverpool Summer Pops line-up

Mar 25 2009 by Ben Schofield, Liverpool Echo

ICONIC singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen is the latest artist to sign up for the Liverpool Summer Pops Festival.

The 74-year-old Canadian musician – who enjoyed a return to the public eye when his song Hallelujah was recorded by Alexandra Burke as the X Factor winner's single – will play the Echo arena on Tuesday, July 14.

For five decades, Leonard Cohen has been one of the most important and influential songwriters of our time, a figure whose body of work is rarely matched in its range.

Chas Cole from CMP said: “It’s taken months of negotiating and right up to the last couple of days it’s been touch and go but we are really happy to bring another great star to Liverpool.”

Cohen's first album, Songs of Leonard Cohen, announced him as an undeniable major talent.

It included the songs Suzanne, Sisters of Mercy, So Long, Marianne and Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye – all now seen as longstanding classics.

By temperament and approach, he had always been closer to European styles – he once termed his work the “European blues”.

The 1984 album Various Positions included Hallelujah, which has since become one of Cohen’s best-known, best-loved and most frequently covered songs.

He joins Ne-Yo, The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Simple Minds, the charity Beatles Day Concert, Jools Holland, Simply Red, Deacon Blue and The Lotus Eaters on this year's Summer Pops bill.

Cohen tickets are priced £55 and £65, with a limited amount of gold circle seats available.

Tickets go on sale on Friday from the Echo arena on 0844 8000 400 or online at http://www.accliverpool.com, or Ticketmaster 0844 847 1616, Ticketline 0151 256 5555, Seetickets 0871 220 0260, Gigantic 0115 959 7908 or in person from the 08 Place or the Echo Arena box office.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... 3222362/2/
John J

Post by John J » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Quote from CMP Entertainment who promote the Summer Pops
CMP ENTERTAINMENT are proud to announce, LEONARD COHEN, as the latest artist to sign up for the Liverpool Summer Pops Festival and will play the Echo Arena on Tuesday 14th July 2009. Tickets go on sale 9am on Friday 27th March 2009.

“We are delighted to announce, Leonard Cohen will be coming to the Liverpool Summer Pops Festival. It’s taken months of negotiations and right up to the last couple of days it’s been touch and go but we are really happy to bring another great star to Liverpool” said Chas Cole from CMP.
Unquote

This must be the 1st time Chas Cole has been able to book an artist of real stature,
the majority of artists he books for this event seem to only use half of the hall.
At last an artist of real quality to look forward to.
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

I genuinely thought that the members of this forum had labelled it as Liverpool "Echo" Arena because of it's poor acoustics.

I hope the acoustics are better than the name suggests.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Don't despair Foxwood, if the soundcrew remain the same they can tame any space.
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”