Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
danslenoir

Re: Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Post by danslenoir » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:03 pm

confetti wrote:If any of the tickets are going on sale on ticketmaster on friday it will be hectic, as U2 are on sale on Friday in most of Europe
Great - I was trying to get MJ tickets for a friend last week on there and the demand was so much I couldn't even get onto the bit where you select what kinda tickets you want. Was stuck on a processing screen for ages. Still, LC and U2 combined probably wouldnt have as many people trying to get on at once though, I hope!

Does anyone know if you get more input into your seat allocation if you book over the phone? A bit worried that they'd try and get rid of the not-so-good seats first, as ticketmaster often do. If you're on the phone can you ask for say..."seats nearest the front"? or will the person just give you the same seats that you would have been allocated if you booked over the net?
confetti

Post by confetti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 pm

I think the phone call is automated so you just say what price bracket you want to pay and then you will get the best available seats at that moment.
One thing to remember is if there are 3 seats in the front row and you want 2 you won't get them as ticketmaster won't leave 1 seat on its own.
I think it is too short notice to be honest for the tickets to be announced tomorrow and the tickets on sale on friday, maybe next friday 27th
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm not so much worrying about the purchase itself, it's more that I would need to know when and where the concerts will take place before the tickets are going on sale, so that I would know for which tickets I would have to go...
Since there will be just those 2 concerts in Germany and I was only able to get a good seat for one of them, I would like to make a weekend trip to wherever, which would include 2 concerts. The concerts wouldn't even have to be in one city, but the second city should at least be within reach...

Will anyone be following the tour in its entirety?
confetti

Post by confetti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

i am sure jarkko will post all the dates before the tickets are to go on sale. panic not, all will be fine.
Relate

Post by Relate » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:45 pm

I must have missed something...when and where was it announed that tickets were going on sale Friday??
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:10 pm

jarkko wrote:Wendy: I am still waiting for onsale information - I expect to get something today or tomorrow latest. An advance note said the tix go on sale on Friday, but without any details I simply can't say!
Relate

Post by Relate » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Yes but this was in reply to another member enquiring whether they should postpone an appointment on Friday? Just an educated guess maybe?
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 pm

The "educated guess" came from Mabeanie1 ;-)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Actually wrote:The "educated guess" came from Mabeanie1 ;-)
It wasn't an educated guess. I asked a straight question based upon the comments / hints that Jarkko has given us over the past couple of days! :lol: Nothing's cancelled yet anyway, mainly because I've just realised I am probably going to be on holiday in the crucial part of the summer .... :roll:

W
Relate

Post by Relate » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 pm

ok, I was merely trying to work out why this Friday was being mentioned. We all want to be ready don't we?!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:50 pm

According to latest information, the tickets are not going on sale tomorrow. We will soon get the final schedule of the announcement and ticket sales.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
confetti

Post by confetti » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 pm

phew thank goodness for that jarkko, i am already not looking forward to selling U2 tickets, never mind the added pressure of Leonard.
Actually

Post by Actually » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:03 pm

So we will know about all the dates before tickets are starting to go on sale, that's exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you very much, Jarkko!
iris

Post by iris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Thank you Jarkko for the way you are handling this!
(hope grows: Holland was not among the countries where you said will be no LCconcerts)

***The list was far from complete / Jarkko***
RobV

Post by RobV » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:18 pm

2 hours ago DHL delivered four tickets for the concert in Cologne on july the firtst. Visited the concerts in Amsterdam and Rotterdam last year, i didn't want to take any risk of Leonard not coming to the Netherlands this time. You can imagine how happy we all are. The ordering went very smooth. Ordered the tickets on the 17th at http://www.eventim.de and delivered on the 19th. And very good seats (row 10). I hope everybody who want to go to one of Leonards concerts will succeed in getting tickets.

RobV
The Hague, Netherlands

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”