Reviews of "Bird on the Wire" and/or "Songs From the Road"?

The Krakow Event - before and after
LCmusicfan

Reviews of "Bird on the Wire" and/or "Songs From the Road"?

Post by LCmusicfan »

Hi all,

All through last weekend, I was hoping to see some reviews of Tony Palmer's film, but I didn't come across any posts about it. Similarly, I didn't see any posts following the first screening of the "Songs..." DVD. I'm sure that many of us would love to hear any reviews of either project. It's a long wait for those of us who were unable to attend Krakow and we've still got some weeks of waiting ahead of us. It would be great to see how you all felt about the screenings!

Best wishes to all...I hope LC comes back to tour the US soon!
Anna L

Re: Reviews of "Bird on the Wire" and/or "Songs From the Road"?

Post by Anna L »

For those who haven't seen the film "Bird on a Wire" - it is worth waiting for. As a documentary from Leonard Cohen tour, the film is full of Leonard Cohen's songs with wonderful sound quality. But the film is more than just that. Practically without resorting to showing more than the tour itself, Tony Palmer manages to give a glimps of Leonard's Cohen personality, his sensitivity and the strong bond that he forms with his audience. I believe that for all his fans the film is a personal experience coming close to being able to accompany Leonard Cohen on his tour.

Anna L.
bene449

Post by bene449 »

Tony Palmer and Steven Machat have kindly given 100 autographed copies to be sold on Leonardcohencafe.co.uk
Henning

Post by Henning »

Cmon speaker - won't you speak to me ?

32 years after I was lucky to watch Bird on the wire in a Camden theatre, I finally have it home now in perfect quality. This means a lot to me, more than all those new Live DVD's. I am very grateful to Tony Palmer and Steven Marchat, who made this happen. When I left the Camden theatre, I felt, that I wasn't the person that I came with.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”