Leonard Cohen Event - Krakow

The Krakow Event - before and after
bene449

Leonard Cohen Event - Krakow

Post by bene449 »

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all the organisers of this memorable event. The bands were fantastic and the locations that were chosen were beautiful. It was great to meet the members of this site, even the people from Finland :-) I hope everyone has a safe journey home from Krakow.

Vince
Leonardcohencafe
LCmusicfan

Re: Leonard Cohen Event - Krakow

Post by LCmusicfan »

Hello all, long time follower, first time poster!

I've been hoping for some reviews of the Tony Palmer DVD and the Songs From the Road DVD. I know they were both screened at the Krakow event, but I haven't seen any "reviews" or mentions of them afterwards.

What did everyone think? I can't wait to see them!
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

LCmusicfan:
Tony Palmer's "Bird on a Wire" is just marvellous - full of vivid scenes - you can really feel the atmosphere of those '72 concerts. Much, much better than bootlegs found on the net. At last this film is complete and it required a lot of work.
I have to add that beside being a legendary director he is a very nice and modest person. It was really a privilege meeting him in person and getting a personal signature on the DVD - priceless.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

Dear Organizers of the Krakow Leonard Cohen Event
I would like to express my deepest gratitude for the way you organized this event. I had such a wonderfull and deeply moving time in your country. Especially I would like to thank you for you efforts in trying to locate my guitar. It was such a thrill to get it back sunday morning. The krakow Event will burn sweetly in my heart for ever and ever.
Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
Heike

Post by Heike »

Dear Organizing Team,

I would also like to say a big "thank you" to all of you for giving us such an amazing place to share this long weekend at, for inviting a wide variety of excellent musicians, for arranging accomodation and city tours and for making us all feel at home instantly!

Dear all,

It was great to meet so many of you forum members in person (can't mention all of you), and realizing that there is so much musical talent among you (everyone at the Open Mike session!), that there are people who have even crazier ideas than myself (hi Eva!), who carry around even larger bags (hi Lizzie!), who integrate their own family into the Cohenite family (hi Ann!), who drive incredible routes by car to attend the event (hi Beata, Karin and Rainer!), and who came so far for beauty (hi Arlene, Mary, Marsha, Don, Ann and Joe, and Andrew)!
Special thanks to Jan-Erik for his late-night performance of "Fönstret".

All the best,
Heike
2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankfurt/Oberhausen/Manchester
2009: Cologne/Dublin/Barcelona
2010: Berlin/Wiesbaden/Lisboa/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warszawa
2012: Ghent, August 12/Berlin/Lisboa
2013: Oberhausen/Berlin
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Heike wrote:there are people who have even crazier ideas than myself (hi Eva!)
Heike
Why, Heike, I know most people wouldn't but I take it as a compliment :D
I'm very glad to meet you and other Cohenites.
I want to join and thank all the organizers for this wonderful Event.
Eva

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”