Thursday morning

The Krakow Event - before and after
Laura

Thursday morning

Post by Laura »

Hi everyone.
I'll be arriving in Krakow on thursday morning and, as only now I read the Event program (yeah, I'm very late) I noticed that the first registration is on thursday evening. So I'm a bit worried: where can I find other cohenites all through thursday? I travel alone, and I can survive on my own, but I'm definitely not happy to do it. :-(

Laura
Sideways

Re: Thursday morning

Post by Sideways »

Laura wrote:Hi everyone.
I'll be arriving in Krakow on thursday morning and, as only now I read the Event program (yeah, I'm very late) I noticed that the first registration is on thursday evening. So I'm a bit worried: where can I find other cohenites all through thursday? I travel alone, and I can survive on my own, but I'm definitely not happy to do it. :-(

Laura
I am giving a demonstration of freestyle Ironing in the Town Hall Square at 9 o'clock. It is free to attend for Leonard Cohen fans but the programme will be only in English and I don't think you speak that. Sorry.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Laura

Post by Laura »

Sideways wrote: I am giving a demonstration of freestyle Ironing in the Town Hall Square at 9 o'clock. It is free to attend for Leonard Cohen fans but the programme will be only in English and I don't think you speak that. Sorry.

I definitely don't speak the sign-and-touch language you seem to be proficient in, but I'm sure we can find some common ground if we try. ;-)

Any other answers? (preferably more serious ones)

Laura
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

pm just sent to you
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

hydriot wrote:pm just sent to you
if this is man or woman from Hydra, the legend animal with many limbs and also island home for Leonard Cohen (our hero!) then I ask can Hydriot do short talk with maybe slides as well so many of us would love learn about Hydra. The title of the lecture could be "How Sweet To Be An Hydriot".
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I will be alone in Krakow on the Friday night. does anyone have any idea what I can be doing on my first visit away from home?
kwills

Post by kwills »

:lol:
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
Laura

Post by Laura »

Shhh, please behave! I'm still too sober for this kind of talk.

Laura
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I do internet search and there is a large meeting of fans of the music Leonard Cohen and after Hydriot Slide Show in Town Hall Square maybe you can go to Leonard Cohen Event if you have heard of him and like his music?
Laura

Post by Laura »

Maybe.

Laura
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

laura

My plane lands in krakow at 10:30am on thursday morning....what time do you land?......ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

@ Laura. I will be arriving in Krakow on Wednesday evening. I decided to arrive a day early to try to adjust to the 9 hour difference so I would be ready for the fantastic weekend events. Wow. The events keep getting better and better.

If you like, let's get together for coffee/lunch, beer/dinner
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Laura,

we will arrive on Thursday morning at 10:10am and we will stay at the Eden.

Isa
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you for the answers. So the way to do it will probably be to hang outside the Eden and shout: "Isn't that Leonard Cohen?!!!!!!!!" If I see some people deseprately running, then I'll know. :D

Laura
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Laura wrote:Thank you for the answers. So the way to do it will probably be to hang outside the Eden and shout: "Isn't that Leonard Cohen?!!!!!!!!" If I see some people deseprately running, then I'll know. :D
Lucky for me, I am also staying at the Eden. Alas, I can't run. :D

Besides, you can't fool passionate Cohenites. We always know where he is during a concert tour because we are all waiting patiently for the latest concert report and You tube videos :D
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”