Thursday morning

The Krakow Event - before and after
Mirek

Re: Thursday morning

Post by Mirek »

On Thursday at Hotel Karmel we will have the registration desk open from 6-8 pm. I am pretty sure this will be the place where everyone may meet or leave some information for other Cohenites.
Almost all of the hotels are within walking distance from Hotel Karmel. There are plenty of pubs and cafes in the vicinity.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Can you please tell me what train line the Reggie Station is on, does the train run straight from the Hotel Karmel? I really don't want to walk as much as 200 metres. Is there a taxi rank maybe. Will the journey be safe if I am drunk at all? Will there be any Open Mic or other entertainment on the way? What about cafes and restaurant for the trip. Can you please answer all these questions but only in Polish as I don't speak English. Thank you

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Thank you for the answers. So the way to do it will probably be to hang outside the Eden and shout: "Isn't that Leonard Cohen?!!!!!!!!" If I see some people deseprately running, then I'll know.

Laura
How about a meet up near the Eden before the registration? There are some other Cohenites at the Eden too.
Laura

Post by Laura »

edlosi wrote: How about a meet up near the Eden before the registration? There are some other Cohenites at the Eden too.

That sounds like a good idea; about what hour? I will pass by Eden and the other hotels as well before lunchtime anyway, to see if I can find someone (I can only register in my hotel at 2, so I have enough time to explore), I'm just not sure how to recognise a cohenite. ;-)

Laura
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

It's very easy Laura - cohenite is wearing blue raincoat (usually not-so-famous), under one arm he has monkey, under the other one - plywood violin. You can't miss him.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Mirek wrote:It's very easy Laura - cohenite is wearing blue raincoat (usually not-so-famous), under one arm he has monkey, under the other one - plywood violin. You can't miss him.

Mirek-I DO hope there will be no need for a raincoat, whatever the colour! You promised me that! And I could never figure out the uses of the monkey... :roll:

Laura
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Maybe that was typing error - should be 'money', not 'monkey'. Just guessing :D
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Laura wrote:
That sounds like a good idea; about what hour? I will pass by Eden and the other hotels as well before lunchtime anyway, to see if I can find someone (I can only register in my hotel at 2, so I have enough time to explore), I'm just not sure how to recognise a cohenite.

Laura
We also have to wait until 2:00pm. At what time you will arrive? Maybe we could meet for lunch and Arlene could join us if she likes.
Or we meet in the afternoon before the registration around 5:00pm.

Isa
Laura

Post by Laura »

Lunch sounds nice to me. My plane lands at the terrible hour of 9,30am.

Laura
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

We arrive at 10:10am.

Isa
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

I will be at the eden at 12.00 maybe someone would like to go to lunch
Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”