Ireland -2014 Leonard Cohen Event

The Krakow Event - before and after
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Ireland -2014 Leonard Cohen Event

Post by carlowmike »

Not sure what is involved but it has been suggested to me

that the semi-annual "Leonard Cohen Event" could be held in Ireland in 2014 .

Any helpful suggestions as to how we might organize this Event ? :idea:

Any feedback from people travelling to the Krakow Event would be very much appreciated.

Could we hold a roll-call of volunteers on this thread to find out who is interested in helping

to bring this Event to Ireland ?.

Leonard Cohen Appreciation Society Ireland : email: leonardcohenasi@gmail.com

looking forward to hearing from you , :) carlowmike
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Ireland -2014 Leonard Cohen Event

Post by jarkko »

It's a bit early to decide where to have the 2014 Event. Ireland would be a strong candidate
(with so many Irish members willing to help - several of you have been in contact with me
in this matter).

However, other cities have also been mentioned: Zagreb, Amsterdam, and Barcelona.

If there are several candidates for 2014, with realistic plans and adequate resources to
make the Event happen in their city, we will have to find a way to make the decision.

This has never been a problem before because every time since 2000 we have had only one
real alternative. (Or the organizing committee has stepped forward before any other offers
have been made).

What is really important and great is that the continuity of our Events seems to be secured!

Thanks for opening the discussion, Calorwmike!

Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

The Event is of course bi-annual not semi-annual ... much as I would love to see you all every six months.

Greetings from the Roloi!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Tony

Post by Tony »

Maybe the event can be similar to the Olympics and the World Cup with each city making a bid and an organising committee travelling the world to inspect the arrangements? May I nominate myself as member of this committee?
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Tony wrote:Maybe the event can be similar to the Olympics and the World Cup with each city making a bid and an organising committee travelling the world to inspect the arrangements? May I nominate myself as member of this committee?
Me too please !!
Although Ireland sounds a terrific place for an event :
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
For trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now I'm coming to reward them
First we take Kilkenny then we take Dublin
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOLOL ~ I say you be in charge of the Event booklet, Yorkshire Lad :lol: . The most unique presentation ever 8) !
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Harry S

Post by Harry S »

Yorkshire Lad wrote:
Tony wrote:Maybe the event can be similar to the Olympics and the World Cup with each city making a bid and an organising committee travelling the world to inspect the arrangements? May I nominate myself as member of this committee?
Me too please !!
Although Ireland sounds a terrific place for an event :
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
For trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now I'm coming to reward them
First we take Kilkenny then we take Dublin
it works better for "Krakow" and "Lublin".
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Where will the event be in 2012?
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Madison, Wisconsin, with additional program in Chicago. Joe and Anne Way will host us. Joe will put up the organizing committee in the near future!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Er, Croatia is about to be ready to confirm its nomination for 2014 (with committee, producer, manager and the whole concept), after we decided to abandon 2010 nominations:P But probably not in Zagreb (which was investigated by Jarkko earlier this year as possible venue:) but in one city on the sea, very popular nowadays, which has excellent connections via budget lines with whole of Europe. Although Zagreb's high status was again confirmed last week by many Forum fans visiting the opening show of the 2010 world tour.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

....despite it's historical and cultural connections with dublin the city of liverpool will be supporting croatia's bid for the 2014 event....

Sretno Hrvatska

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Tony and I have been talking about returning to Croatia and visiting the coast next time round. Our last visit to the Croatian coast was in, erm, 1983 so we can wait until 2014. Maybe Ireland can think about preparing a bid for 2018 ....

Wendy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”