Hotels for Krakow 2010?

The Krakow Event - before and after
Padma

Re: Hotels for Krakow 2010?

Post by Padma »

Thank you both. I've found a really good site for self catering apartments - some of which are in the Jewish quarter so hopefully I'll be able to book something in the next few days.

Yes, looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Padma
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Just a couple of questions regarding the hotels, dear organizers.
Is there a deadline for making hotel reservations? I mean, it is too early yet - so I was thinking of doing it sometime next year.
And do the suggested hotels have enough places for all 300 of us (as presumed by the fan list)?
Thanks,

Carmen
SK

Post by SK »

Dear Carmen,

Hotels from the list published at http://leonardcohenevent.info/recommend ... ane-hotele are reserved for us till 1st April 2010. There are about 280 places in recomended hotels (but many already reserved by Event participants). Maybe the list will be extended, but can't promise.
Greetings,

Sebastian
margaret

Post by margaret »

Sebastian,

Both myself and a friend in France have been quoted higher prices than those stated on your list of recommended hotels. We both contacted the same place on 25 Miodowa Street. I have sent another email asking if what they quoted me for a twin-bedded room includes breakfast, but after 2 days they have not replied to me.
I am now tempted to book into a very nice hostel which is still in Kazimierz but a little further away from the other hotels.

Margaret
Janie

Post by Janie »

Hi,

Strange, I have had a similar problem, I'm waiting for a response from a hotel from the list which I e-mailed some weeks ago. I'm also thinking of booking directly with another hotel in the vicinity.

Despite this slight difficulty I have my flight booked and am really looking forward to my stay in Krakow.

Jane
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Janie wrote:Hi,

Strange, I have had a similar problem, I'm waiting for a response from a hotel from the list which I e-mailed some weeks ago. I'm also thinking of booking directly with another hotel in the vicinity.

Jane
Hi Jane
After reading your post it spurred me into action so I went the direct route and telephoned The Astoris and surprise surprise they told me to email which I have now done ( Thursday 10th ) . I will post again when I hear anything .

Phil ( Yorkshire Lad )
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
margaret

Post by margaret »

After getting no further response about discounted prices I have now reserved a room in this place at much lower cost.
http://www.thesecretgarden.pl/en/

They respond within an hour whenever I have contacted them and are very helpful. Admittedly the rooms do not have ensuite bathrooms, but the place itself and the location in Kazimierz appear ideal for anyone on a lower budget. The hostel/pension is just lower and to the left on the map. The accomodation appears on various booking sites and has good reviews.

Margaret
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

="Yorkshire Lad
Hi Jane
After reading your post it spurred me into action so I went the direct route and telephoned The Astoris and surprise surprise they told me to email which I have now done ( Thursday 10th ) . I will post again when I hear anything .

Phil ( Yorkshire Lad )
Philip
I'm staying at the Astoria... I pray there aren't going to be any breakfast rebellions a la Barmouth....if so I'm heading for the Hilton......btw they do take their time replying....next time you email the hotel mention my name to Anna and I'm sure you end up in the Hilton with me:-)............ ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Some of us have booked the Eden--a lucky choice, it seems, since we had no problems either getting a response or the discounted price...
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Be careful about the "discounted rates", though! A few of us booked at the "Ester", they have replied all right - but their "special rates" for Lc meeting participants would have been much more expensive than what came up on some "external" booking sites like expedia or hotels.com. Booking through those, for four persons, we have managed to save more than a hundred Euros...
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
surrender

Post by surrender »

I can second anneporter - no problems at the Eden so far.
(.....what's in a name?)
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

liverpoolken wrote: Philip
I'm staying at the Astoria... I pray there aren't going to be any breakfast rebellions a la Barmouth....if so I'm heading for the Hilton......btw they do take their time replying....next time you email the hotel mention my name to Anna and I'm sure you end up in the Hilton with me:-)............ ta ken
It would be nice to get to know someone at the Astoria in order to even think about breakfast . No response from them as yet . Emailed again will keep this thread informed on my progress or the lack of it as the case may be
Cheers Yorkshire Lad
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hey Phil... if you get any good deals... if? I mean when................. let me know... I want to follow you as I know I will save money :)
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

tinderella wrote:Hey Phil... if you get any good deals... if? I mean when................. let me know... I want to follow you as I know I will save money :)
Tinderella
I don't know if the Astoris is a good deal but it would be worth paying a few extra polish zloties to have the pleasure of me and Liverpoolken's company for breakfast and see the colour of our eyes the morning after the night before .
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I could not ask for better company so maybe the extra few bob will be worth it.... but then again... I don't want to be spluttering up my breakfast from laughing after I have paid good money for it :) :) .............. but then again.... if I drink enough like I did in Barmouth, the night before, I may miss the breakfast altogether and not have the pleasure of your company. Hmmmm, I have to take all this into consideration.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”