Hotels for Krakow 2010?

The Krakow Event - before and after
Mabeanie1

Hotels for Krakow 2010?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Please be patient with me!! This will be my first event so I don't know how these things work - yet - but I am a quick learner, honest.

How do we go about booking our hotels for Krakow when the time comes? Do the event organisers have block bookings or agreed rates which we can buy in to? Or is there a "recommended" list? Or do we all make our own arrangements separately and potentially end up staying all over town?

Wendy
Mirek

Re: Hotels for Krakow 2010?

Post by Mirek »

Dear Wendy,
everything is under control. We're still making arrangements regarding the hotels. The list of the hotels will be available and there will be a certain discount for the registered participants.

Mirek
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

And, Wendy, the vast majority of participants end up staying at a cross-section of the selected hotels that include Event-participant discounts. So, you'll be surrounded by Event folks.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

lizzytysh wrote:And, Wendy, the vast majority of participants end up staying at a cross-section of the selected hotels that include Event-participant discounts. So, you'll be surrounded by Event folks.
DISCOUNTS now theres a word I like
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
SK

Post by SK »

Dear Friends,

The list of recomended hotels for Krakow Leonard Cohen Event participants is published here: http://leonardcohenevent.info/recommend ... ane-hotele. All hotels are in Kraków’s district of Kazimierz and only a few hundred meters away from one another.

Here are the conditions and rules of reservations:
* The prices you can see on this website are promotional prices, exclusively for the guests of The Leonard Cohen Event 2010.
* To book a room you need to contact the hotel directly and give the password: Leonard Cohen Event 2010.
* The conditions and rules of the bookings may differ and depend on each hotel. Usually, the hotels will require your credit card number.
* For the hotels, the basis for the verification of the guests of the Event will be the participants’ list at http://leonardcohenevent.info/registrat ... pants-list.
* The hotels mentioned here have booked rooms for the Event’s participants at the lower price for the period of 5-9th August 2010. You’re also welcome to stay longer in Kraków.
* All the prices given are gross prices.
* The organizing committee does not participate in the bookings and does not take responsibility for accommodation. Since we are in contact with the recommended hotels, we are offering our assistance in case of problems.

Sebastian
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Sebastian,
thank you and all members of the committee for information and organization.
Isolde
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Thankyou SK for posting the hotel list but could you please convert the PLN to Euro so that I can work the cost out .
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Judy

Post by Judy »

Today (14/10/2009) 100 PLN = 23.7216 € :D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Just divide the zlotys by 4 and you're close enough in eur
Multiply the zlotys by 0.35 and get US dollars.
There are numerous currency convertes onlie, I am using this: http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
(from any currency o any other currency!)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Sebastian,

Thank you SO much for all the information! I've already sent my request to the Hotel Ester...it looks wonderful! Should be hearing from them tomorrow, and yes, I did mention the LC 2010 event! So exciting!

Diana

ps...and if anyone might be interested 100 PLN = approximately 35 USD.
arlyn09

Post by arlyn09 »

What do you mean by that Hotels for Krakow in 2010? Is there an event that will be happen to that year? or should I say there would be a new establish hotel for that year 2010?
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Welcome to the forum arlyn09. :)

There will be an event in Krakow next year. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13370

Isolde
Padma

Post by Padma »

Does anyone have any idea how far the old part of town is from the Jewish quarter where the LC event hotels are located. We are coming as a family and would prefer to rent an apartment and most of them seem to be in the old quarter.

Thanks!
margaret

Post by margaret »

Padma,
I spent a few days in Krakow in May this year.
It is quite a walk from the old town to the Jewish Quarter. Trams run but I am not sure what time they stop at night. Are there not some apartments in the list that Sebastian provided? I will have to have another look. It is probably better to stay closer to where the action is than have a long walk back at night!
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Hi Padma,

Maybe this helps you.
http://www.cracow-life.com/map/map.php
Looking forward to see you and your family there.

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”