Krakow Event Registration

The Krakow Event - before and after
SK

Krakow Event Registration

Post by SK » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, Cohenites of the world, friends,

Since it is now less than a year until the opening of the Leonard Cohen Event 2010, I am pleased to announce that
registration will be opened on Monday, August 17, 2009 at 22:00 CEST.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Kraków.

Here are some of the most current facts about the planned event:

• we already know the venue that will host the most important events of the meeting on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th August. The venue is Manggha Museum of Japanese Art and Technology. You are welcome to join us there for the concerts and presentations. As is customary, we will also be happy to get together for an after-party – the singing and late-night talks.

• on Sunday 8th August we will enjoy a special concert in the Tempel Synagogue of Kazimierz

• we are also happy to inform you that Tom Sakic has joined the organizing committee and that Ania Nowakowska is also helping us with her great ideas

• as part of the event we are also planning to organize an exhibition of works inspired by Leonard Cohen’s art. Those interested in showing their work, please contact the organizers.

Wish best wishes from Kraków,

Sebastian Korta
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Krakow Event Registration

Post by jarkko » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm

We will have direct links to the registration pages in the Krakow section of The LC Files, at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/krakow-index.html
and of course here on the Forum. Names of the registrants will be shown at the Files (you may also ask that your name is not listed)

The organizing committee has been working hard and has found excellent locations for the Event. I guess this Event will be the
biggest so far! However, the number of participations has to be limited to 300 because of the capacity of the venues.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:16 am

SK wrote:I am pleased to announce that
registration will be opened on Monday, August 17, 2009 at 22:00 CEST.

Sebastian Korta
2200 CEST is 1300 PT in Los Angeles. I hope there are still two places available at 1600 PT. Golly, this is almost like the stress of a fan pre-sale.

Perhaps, you will allow for "early boarding", please. After all, I do walk with a cane. And I already have a Polish-Canadian roommate from Toronto, a place to stay In Kraków and also in Ożarów (my mother's pre-Holocaust home town).

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 pm

My wife and I are eager to register early so can we assume that on Monday 17th ( the day registration begins ) there will be further details regarding cost, payment method etc etc
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Yes, the Polish organizing committee has made an instructions page with all the information. It will be linked from here and The Files when the registration begins. The participation fee is 100 eur, and it includes everything that happens during the weekend (excluding accommodation, meals and drinks). The fee is to be paid by credit card using secured and risk-free payment system through a professional Polish credit institution.

200 first registrants will get Leonard's limited edition Artworks book (donated by Leonard and his management), so it's a good idea to register soon. (Cancellation etc. policies will be explained on the Instructions page).

We will probably have many first-timers, and for them I'd like to mention that our Events are not commercial undertakings. With the participation fees the local committee covers (hopefully!) all costs of the venues, technical equipment, program, and so on. We also have to underline that our Events have Leonard's blessings and he will be with us in spirit, but will not attend himself!! The Event is a fan gathering!

The committee will also later inform you about optional sightseeing tours. All who come to Krakow should take some extra days and not just the weekend. There is so much to see in the city and in its surroundings! Very close to the city you can visit for instance:

- The astounding underground city in the old salt mines of Wieliczka is a must. More here: http://www.kopalnia.pl/home.php?action=&id_language=2&

- Everybody should also go to Auschwitz-Birkenau, the shocking and sad remains and museum of the nazi death camp, a monument of the human lunacy at its very worst. At least 1,1 million lost their lives in the gas chambers during the 2nd World War, For more, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz

(Sebastian is offline until Monday evening, that's why I am answering on his behalf).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mutti

Post by mutti » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Jarkko Do you know if the Artworks book you mention above will be available for sale to the public at some point...

I do not think I will be able to go to Krakow and would love to have the opportunity to buy this book as the drawings are beautiful...I saw some in Vancouver at the Lando gallery.

Thanks Mutti (Leslie)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 pm

The book was made for the "Drawn to Words" Exhibition at Drabinsky Gallery (Toronto) and Richard Goodall Gallery (Manchester). Leonard donated a remarkable number of copies to our Events. Participants of the Edmonton Event in 2008 got the book, and 200 copies were reserved for Krakow (the committee is also grateful to Kim Solez for his help in the logistics!)
One of the Galleries may have some copies left - you could ask them!
mutti

Post by mutti » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you Jarkko 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Also you can find it on eBay.
SK

Post by SK » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:05 pm

You are welcome to register at http://registration.leonardcohen.art.pl where you can find information on the rules and the payment, and where you can also pay your fee using a credit card.

The registration fee is 100 EUR and the number of places is limited. The first 200 participants will receive a special gift.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Kraków.

Sebastian
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Well, that was easy!! Congratulations Sebastian on making registration such an easy process.

I am really looking forward to this event. I have been to Krakow before a few times but mainly on business so it will be great to have a little longer to enjoy the city with like minded people. My husband Tony will not attend the event but I am hoping he will come with me to Krakow so we can enjoy a short break together before or after the weekend.

Wendy
jeremek

Post by jeremek » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Witaj , Sebastian !

Czy w Polsce można wysłać złotówki (równowartość 100e ? Jeżeli nie mam Dotpay, możesz podać numer konta bankowego ?

Pozdrawiam
Beata
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
jeremek

Post by jeremek » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Może być PayPal ?
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:28 pm

My registration was completed at 9.15pm BST (i.e. 15 minutes after registration opened) and I appear to be Number 9. So no worries about getting a copy of the Artworks, then!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Henning

Post by Henning » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:31 pm

If you get this page, you probably use an old Internet Explorer. Try IE 6.1 or higher or FireFox.
Attachments
reg.jpg
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”