Many Thanks Jarkko !

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Bob R

Many Thanks Jarkko !

Post by Bob R »

Just returned from the Boston Wang show-- absolutely breathtaking ! Many many thanks Jarkko for putting together the ticket pre-sales, the early entrance to the venues, etc.
I dont know when you became a magician, but I am certainly glad you did ! Everything about getting tickets, show info and more were so well taken care of I am spoiled for future concerts by other artists. Your website is essential.
Many thanks for all your hard work Jarkko. You made this so much easier for myself and many other Leonard fans all over the world.
Cheers !
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Many Thanks Jarkko !

Post by jarkko »

Bob, thanks for thanks! It is always good to know that our members find these websites useful.
However, I want to underline that the pre-sales, early entry arrangements and advance information
we have been able to share with members, all that has been possible thanks to Leonard and his
management. Special thanks must be addressed to Robert Kory, Leonard's manager, who keeps
things rolling. AEG Live in London and Los Angeles and the tour crew have also contributed in a
most essential way. Emails have been flying between the webmasters of LC sites - Marie,
Patrice, and Tom all have been working hard to get the information out in time.

I launched the website (The Files) in 1995, and never believed Leonard would tour again (well, I think
it has been a surprise to him, too!). In discussions with a lot of active Cohenites we
always felt a bit sorry that Internet was not yet available when he was touring in the 80's and early 90's.
We were pondering how wonderful it had been to follow a tour online in real time! And all that
happened, and much more! We have been privileged to really experience this amazing tour in the
most exciting and rewarding way!

Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Yes, agreed. This tour has been so so so different from the previous thanks to this website. There is too much information if anything. So much to read, listen to & watch I'm afraid I'm guilty of spending far too much time here. I usually have a few sneaky peeps here when at work too & when I return from a holiday the first thing I do is log on & check out all the news. Its my obsession!
So accept the thanks Jarkko- you set it all up.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Jarkko ~

You work so devotedly and tirelessly [although you get tired] to keep all this going for Leonard and for us. I thank you, too; and I thank all those who you rightfully included as being at the heart of all this. You and they are all so generous. Unparalleled.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
deedee7

Post by deedee7 »

Jarkko,
Any chance of arranging any early entrance to any of the European gigs?
Thank you for everything!
Deedee
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Probably not, but we will see. In US/Can one reason for this special arrangement was the WILL CALL system - our members had to go early anyway, to get their tickets! In Europe everybody will have the tickets soon after the reservation.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Darling

Post by Darling »

There you are Jarkko, working again in a thread opened to thank you! :lol:

Well, thank you (and team) once again for everything.. 8)
sharong

Post by sharong »

I also wanted to add my two cents to thank Jakko and all involved for making my first Leonard Cohen experiences better than I had ever expected. I had not thought that I would see LC perform ever. The Community here added to the experience. Thanks Jakko for all your hard work, not just during a tour but all those years that you kept things going....
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Add me to the list too. I was able to obtain a presale ticket through the forum and feel blessed to have been able to attend one of these shows! And I have been enjoying the many posts here from others who have shared their experiences about this wonderful tour.

Thank you Jarkko! :D

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”