What did L. say about kindness (in Boston 5/29)?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Pomona

What did L. say about kindness (in Boston 5/29)?

Post by Pomona »

At one point, in between songs, he said something like, "I know it's miserable, but try to be kind."
That wasn't quite it, though. Does anyone recall what his exact words were? And what was he talking about at that point? It's the only part of the concert that's creating a "disconnect" in my head.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
Maxvoltage

Re: What did L. say about kindness (in Boston 5/29)?

Post by Maxvoltage »

Someone from the balcony shouted "see you in 15 years" which some in the audience booed, and Leonard said that as a comeback
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

Ahhh, I see. Thank you.
Yes, the shouting from the balcony was unfortunate, at best, as Leonard kept trying to continue through it all. Can't imagine what those people were thinking . . . suddenly thought they were at a Pearl Jam concert?
Last edited by Pomona on Sat May 30, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

I don't get this... if I may play devil's advocate for a moment...

Obviously LC was irritated if he responded that way, and that automatically makes whatever the person said/did NOT OK, especially if it was at an awkward time and interrupted him. But my first thought when reading this was that the person meant "see in you another 15 years" as in "you're so amazing I have faith that you'll be onstage at age 89."
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by Maxvoltage »

mnkyface wrote:I don't get this... if I may play devil's advocate for a moment...

Obviously LC was irritated if he responded that way, and that automatically makes whatever the person said/did NOT OK, especially if it was at an awkward time and interrupted him. But my first thought when reading this was that the person meant "see in you another 15 years" as in "you're so amazing I have faith that you'll be onstage at age 89."
That is what i thought at first, but it did sound a bit condescending,( i was in the same section) and Leonard, god bless, said what he said with the utmost politeness i have ever seen in someone getting heckled, It was wonderful to hear the audience cheer for him

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”