Sunday RC

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Hal E. Lujah

Sunday RC

Postby Hal E. Lujah » Sun May 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Sadly, there is going to be a protest tonight at RCMH and they are going to try to turn the concert into a politically-laced affair. I would hate to see the concert overshadowed by this. Any thoughts?

Hal E.
Crusser

Re: Sunday RC

Postby Crusser » Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Oh no!

Hopefully they will cause such a ruckus they get arrested. Nobody gets in the way of my evening w Laughing Len
Hal E. Lujah

Postby Hal E. Lujah » Sun May 17, 2009 7:18 pm

I fear that they will be obstructing peoples' views with the placards, which might be of different sizes. I don't know how many times they will be making a disturbance, but I hope that if it is disruptive that they be peacefully removed. I do not want them to use this concert to gain attention or to try to embarrass LC. I hope security is on alert. A concert is not the time for a protest; outside maybe.

H. Lujah
findingtime

Postby findingtime » Sun May 17, 2009 8:45 pm

I found a link that gives some information about the protesters, their issues, and their intentions. http://adalahny.org/

I'm looking forward to comments from forum members who attend tonight's show. Leonard knows a little something about protest. I think was can all expect that if there is anything to be said or done, Leonard will assess the situation and react accordingly.

Best wishes to all attending tonight's show.
Hal E. Lujah

Postby Hal E. Lujah » Mon May 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Thankfully it was just one person, giving leaflets to display to LC during the concert. happily, no one was stupid enough to do so. Not to mention, he would not have seen them anyway.

Let Leonard sing where Leonard wants to sing. Period.

H. L.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”