CONCERT REPORT: Vancouver, April 19

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bridger15

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Vancouver, April 19

Post by bridger15 »

st theresa wrote: retreat weekend in Calgary to go shopping, hang out on the Steven Avenue Mall--and hang around waiting for the band to arrive at the Jack Singer Hall.
You may have to curtail your shopping and go to the stage door entrance quite early. In San Diego, I walked from my hotel to the theater in the early afternoon to familiarize myself with the layout of the "Will Call" window. On the way there, I happen to pass by the Stage Door and saw the parked catering truck. One of the catering guys told me they were all inside and not coming out. They arrived early for a sound check and it was quite "comfortable" inside.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
cleemoore

Post by cleemoore »

I just wanted to post the permanent link for the review that imaginary friend referred to:
http://www.vancouversun.com/Cohen+weave ... story.html
Richard

Post by Richard »

I just wanted to thank Sheila and Linda for their efforts to bring some of us together after the show in Vancouver. We met for drinks and although my wife and I couldn't stay long, the connection was real and a fine cap on a wonderful evening.

Now I'll go back to my lurking.

Richard
Daniel Douglas

Post by Daniel Douglas »

Was indeed magical. We celebrated 37 years of marriage and came 800 miles to be rewarded with another indelible memory.
Tried to find leonard's hotel like a couple of stalkers. What a night! Love you all.
daniel
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Oh, Richard, come out into the light! Don't lurk like a mushroom! When I first met you, I very nearly said "Richard, my, what an original board name". However, under the (lurking) circumstances, I don't suppose it matters if you have a board name or not. :D Well, if you get the nerve/interest, you know where to find us all.

It was nice to have met you and your wife, and thanks so much for dropping in to Lucy Mae's. It made the late hour just a little more festive.

Hope to see you on the board again.

Linda.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Well, a happy wedding anniversary to you and your wife, Daniel. One couldn't ask for a much better gift. Gee, trying to find Leonard's hotel - that would be quite the chore. I couldn't even guess where they might have stayed. That 'would' have been sweet, wouldn't it? :)
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

http://www.vancouversun.com/Leonard+Coh ... story.html

I think this was a review that somehow did not get posted? I could be wrong of course
mutti

Post by mutti »

Lizzytysh you mentioned a fall concert in New York....I am hoping that after the summer tour in Europe ending in Israel that Leonard will come back for a few dates in Canada or the US! tell me more about the fall concert...is this an unofficial rumour or for real?
I am from Vancouver but live near Seattle so saw the show in Victoria and then here in Seattle.
I have to say both were the best concerts I have ever seen in my life...
I saw Leonard 15 years ago playing at the Queen Elizabeth theater and always said if he went on tour again he is the one person I would go see.
His passion and his grace and reverence for himself and his musicians and his fans were so incredible.
I also felt how total he was in all that he did with precision and love and devotion...wow!
It inspires me to be the best person I can be after being in his prescence...and he is so down to earth
that I am grateful....
Let us know about the talk of fall concerts..
I am trying to see if I can get to another one before June 2 but I didn't plan this properly and doubt I can.
Thanks
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mutti ~

My sincere apologies if I got you excited regarding New York. This may be what I was thinking of, hence referring to:
To accomodate overwhelming popular demand, AEG Live has announced the addition of two more concerts:

- 2nd concert in New York at New York’s Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, May 17.
To make May 17 be the Fall is quite a stretch. Anything beyond this is rumour, and it's gotten to where I can't keep up with Leonard as to when and where he's playing. With the continual adding of dates, venues, and extra shows, I have honestly, truly, lost track. All of these are wonderful things, except when you want to say something reliable about what in the world [literally] Leonard's doing. I ought not to have made any comment because I honestly don't know anymore. It may be that I read/heard about the above and then it morphed into the Fall... or it may be that I've actually heard questions/rumours about the Fall and New York.

Then, there's this speculative type questioning, so I really don't know Mutti. All we can do is hope. Again, I'm sorry if I misled you. It looks like I may have been a victim of rumour, too... and, worse yet, it may have been my own :shock: .

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14535
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

St. Theresa!

Thank you so much for covering my butt. Ha! My oversight. I posted that article in another one of my other other blogs, which I'm kind of falling behind in. Also, when I saw it, I felt it would make the 'news' section here... but no excuses!! Mea culpa~ Thanks again for picking up on it, and posting it. Thanks again...aye, I'm a fool. :D
JohnTheBaptistJr

Post by JohnTheBaptistJr »

lizzytysh:

Check your PMs! :)

J.Jr.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”