Oakland Meetup

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
micropup2008

Oakland Meetup

Post by micropup2008 »

Anyone interested in a fan meetup before the show either 4/14 or 4/15? I hear there's a nice restaurant for a meetup just a block away.
Ron
joe camarda

Re: Oakland Meetup

Post by joe camarda »

I'm interested (Wed., the 15th) but will have to finalize travel plans first so I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope it works. Which resturant did you have in mind?
mombochild

Post by mombochild »

Hi I'm coming from Santa Clara solo on Wednesday, April 15th, tax day, to see Leonard Cohen because I seem to be the only true Leonard Cohen fan amidst my compadres and family members. That is, I found out too late to get a "cheap ticket" and my husband is too cheap to buy a ticket at the price I was willing to pay. I myself have been waiting for a long time for this first time ever opportunity to see Leonard.

Anyway it would be fun to meet other Leonard fans to have dinner and discuss why, where, --
when, Leonard Cohen --
and other strange musical obsessions.

I saw a message for Oakland meetup for other dates mention Yoshi's as a good restaurant for meeting up nearby the Leonard Cohen concert at the Paramount.

My schedule is flexible. I'll probably just head over to Oakland for the afternoon and sight see until partaking of dinner at an appropriate interval before the show.

Just want to say to Leonard, I am truely grateful for this tour-- such that I can finally synch up with your orbit! Looking forward to hearing some good music.

M. Kennedy
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Somebody previously recommended a restaurant called Lucas. Go to the following link: http://www.lukasoakland.com/
joe camarda wrote:I'm interested (Wed., the 15th) but will have to finalize travel plans first so I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope it works. Which resturant did you have in mind?
Ron
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

I originally suggested Yoshis but I think its a bit far. See suggestion about Lucas.
mombochild wrote:Hi I'm coming from Santa Clara solo on Wednesday, April 15th, tax day, to see Leonard Cohen because I seem to be the only true Leonard Cohen fan amidst my compadres and family members. That is, I found out too late to get a "cheap ticket" and my husband is too cheap to buy a ticket at the price I was willing to pay. I myself have been waiting for a long time for this first time ever opportunity to see Leonard.

Anyway it would be fun to meet other Leonard fans to have dinner and discuss why, where, --
when, Leonard Cohen --
and other strange musical obsessions.

I saw a message for Oakland meetup for other dates mention Yoshi's as a good restaurant for meeting up nearby the Leonard Cohen concert at the Paramount.

My schedule is flexible. I'll probably just head over to Oakland for the afternoon and sight see until partaking of dinner at an appropriate interval before the show.

Just want to say to Leonard, I am truely grateful for this tour-- such that I can finally synch up with your orbit! Looking forward to hearing some good music.

M. Kennedy
Ron
mombochild

Post by mombochild »

Luka's Taproom and Lounge looks like a likely place for a glass of wine and some food before the show.
Looks like I'm headed there around 4:30pm for a glass of wine and maybe mussels. The Oakland group "Conspiracy of Beards" will be singing in the Paramount lobby at 6:15pm, I think the doors open at 5:30pm, thus my early dinner/snack so that I can get over to the Paramount to hear them before Leonard's performance.

Check this out:
Conspiracy of Beards - Leonard Cohen Choir

4/13/2009 6:00 PM at Parmount Theatre
2025 Broadway, Oakland, California
Cost:

The Conspiracy of Beards will be singing in the lobby of the Paramount Theatre prior to Leonard Cohen’s performances each night of his engagement: April 13-15, Mon-Wed. We sing at the pre-show events from 6:15pm-6:45pm so show up early and enjoy! We are humbled by this invitation and would love to share our love of Mr. Cohen in song with you

I hope to meet up with some of my fellow Leonard fans either at Luka's or at the Paramount Lobby early to hear the Conspiracy of Beard's performance! - M. Kennedy
mirka

Post by mirka »

I tried Luka's tonight, it was overcrowded and we ended up in Ozumo, on the opposite corner of Grand/Broadway.
There is open seating in the lounge, with a decent selection of appetizers and drinks (happy hour 4-7pm). A little too noisy for conversation though.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
mirka

Post by mirka »

I will be solo tomorrow, there is a small and quiet Vietnamese restaurant @Grant/Webster, how about meeting there around 6-6:15pm ?
vorestaurant.com
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

What day? Tuesday? Wednesday?
mirka wrote:I will be solo tomorrow, there is a small and quiet Vietnamese restaurant @Grant/Webster, how about meeting there around 6-6:15pm ?
vorestaurant.com
Ron

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”