Seattle - meetup anyone?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
danf

Re: Seattle - meetup anyone?

Post by danf »

If there is a meetup, I would love to know where it is. . .we are taking the Bainbridge ferry over, but will probably get there early to pick up the tickets. . .
shauna

Post by shauna »

Shauna here....I pretty much plan to get there at 6 and hang around-maybe the fan club will call area, If anyone wants to use me for a contact to find each other- if I get cell phone reception there- my number is 206-355-9800. Hey also, I'm Leonard's cousin but still don't get to say hi to him while here but would love to meet other fans!
Shauna in Seattle
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I'm planning on being there at 6:00 to pick up a will-call ticket as well. I'll bring your cell phone number Shauna. Maybe if we start a small group - we'll be easier to spot?
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
shauna

Post by shauna »

I agree KaimiK. a little group will be likely and easy to add to.
Shauna in Seattle
shauna

Post by shauna »

This is for those who will make use of our early entrance to the US/Canadian shows!
Arrive early and meet one or more band members!
Some of them will come out and greet fans by the main merchandise stand between the time of 6:30-7:00 pm!
jarkko
Site Admin

maybe Seattle will get lucky too! lets meet over at the merch stand around 6:30
Shauna in Seattle
Casey

Post by Casey »

I am going to try to be there around 5:15-5:30.
Here is what the WaMu Box Office Manager told me in an email regarding Will Call pickup:

If you bought your tickets on Ticketmaster you can pick them up at the
Qwest Field Box Office from now until the day of show until 5pm, then at
the WaMu Box Office after that. Our Box Office is located at the NW
corner of the stadium and is open Mon - Fri 10am-5pm and Sat 10am - 2pm.

(I know our fan tickets can't be picked up until the day of the show)

If anyone wants to go anywhere for a bite to eat or a drink before or after...it looks like (according to Google) there are a lot of overpriced, mediocre places catering to sports fans (surprise!) but Elysian Fields or Pyramid Alehouse might be the best bet among the limited options...
I can be reached at
Casey
Last edited by Casey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I've called their box office several times trying to get clarification about photography, will-call and whether or not we can get early entry with a regular ticket (for those of us who upgraded after the presale). Haven't gotten a straight answer yet - nobody seems to know any details. I was told by two different people that I could pick up the will-call ticket anytime - which is not supposed to be the case. I guess we just have to find out when we get there.

I'm meeting the person who is buying my presale ticket at 5:45, then we'll pick the ticket up together. If they are being strict about not letting in other ticket-holders, I'm hoping we can just pick up the will-call ticket and then walk immediately in without them actually checking my ticket. Does anyone know if the presale tickets say anything different on them than regular tickets - can they even tell the difference? If not, then it's smooth sailing! :D
My cell is 440-785-7489 - see you all there!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
shauna

Post by shauna »

kaimik- I live 10 min from WaMu theatre. I'll go down there tomorrow late morn and see what I can find out. I want to check it out anyway so I know what to expect and can be relaxed. When I get back I will call or post what I found out. I would love to pick up will call before Thursday.
Its my guess that pre sale doesn't say anything different.
Shauna in Seattle
shauna

Post by shauna »

just a few hours to go...I really can't wait!
went by WaMu to try to give some clues for anyone not familiar with set up there.
I couldn't get fan tickets , only Ticketmaster can be picked up this early.
WaMu Theatre is at the south end of Qwest Field, entrance is by Royal Bringham(sp?)Ave. The Ticketmaster box is at the North end. For those of us getting there early, I think we'll do ok with parking. After 6 pm there is free street parking on 1st Ave.
someone suggested meeting at Pyramid Alehouse. I won't be doing that but it is a good idea . Food is pretty good there and its right across the street.
Again my phone number is 206-355-9800 for anyone looking to connect.I will head over to Merchandise table @ 6:30 if not before.
Shauna in Seattle
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

We've arrived safely in Seattle - and scoped out the venue tonight. There was a huge crowd waiting to get in to see The Killers - never even heard of them. A very energetic crowd of mostly male 18 to 30 year olds. I hope the line isn't like that tomorrow!!! I asked a security guy if he knew anything about tomorrow night - again no clue about the fan presale.

Thanks for looking into things for us Shauna - we'll touch base tomorrow!
Manaia

Post by Manaia »

To get in early, do you have to have purchased your tickets through this site? I got mine through TM for one of the presales...as these ones had already been sold. Still, I'd love to meet the band. Although I haven't posted a lot or registered until recently, I have been been frequenting this board nearly since its inception. I'll never forget my early years drifting through used bookstores looking for L Cohen novels..and finding a 1st edition copy of beautiful loser at the Stark Bookstore in NYC for something like 10 dollars.

For drinking at a historical, the very first brothel in Seattle is now a bar called the Triangle Pub. It stands on an anglular intersection about 5 minute walk from the Theatre...its address 553 1st Avenue. Worth checking out for its historicalness and to get a drink which are usually reasonably priced.

In terms of decent places in the area to eat...there are quite a few places on 1st avenue. Pioneer Square has a number of bars/clubs with happy hours, the Contour on 1st avenue offers quite a good happy hour, some say the best in Seattle. The happy hour goes from 3-8pm. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from WAMU theatre. It is 807 1st Avenue, close to the bridge you walk across if you are coming from the Ferry Terminal.

Provolone Cheese Burger - $1.95
Char-broiled to perfection & served with French Fries and all the traditional trimmings
Northwest Oyster Stew - $3.95
Made fresh each order
Rosemary Chicken Strips - $2.95
With fresh cilantro dip & Cajun aioli
House Salad - $2.95
Tossed in our honey-blackberry vinaigrette, oranges, toasted pine nuts & dried cranberries
Sauteed Sea Scallops - $4.95
On a bed of cucumber & fennel salad
Jack Daniels BBQ Chicken Wings - $2.95
Drenched in our homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
Buffalo Hot Wings - $2.95
Smothered in our signature red-hot Cayenne Pepper & Tabasco Sauce and served with Ranch dip
French Fries - $1.95
With Ketchup & Cajun aioli
Istanbul Fish Sandwich - $3.95
Char-broiled Mahi Mahi filet on baguette with a hint of paprika, cilantro & lettuce
Tomato Honey Basil Soup - $1.95
With cream & grilled baguette
Hummus, Arrabbiata & Baba Ganouj Dips Platter - $2.95
With olive-oil grilled Sticcola bread
Gruyere Macaroni & Cheese - $3.95
Plain or with choice of Shrimp or Grilled Chicken
Pumpkin Ravioli - $4.95
In a light lemon-cream reduction
Mediterranean Chicken Skewers - $2.95
Marinated in garlic, spices, lemon juice & olive oil
Calamari Fritti - $3.95
With homemade cilantro and Cajun aioli dips
Lamb Kebabs (Turkey Beyti) - $3.95
With organic Quinoa salad & Tzatziki dip
Spanakopita - $2.95
Tasty leaf spinach and Feta cheese speciatly hand-wrapped in Greek filo dough
Battered & Fried French Brie - $3.95
With grilled baguette slices

Anyways...all the best for tomorrow, hope to see someone of you around perhaps. And finally lets say our prayers that the sound at the theatre will hold up; and does anyone know L.C.'s policy on bringing camera's into the venue?
Manaia

Post by Manaia »

Oh another thing if you arrive in town early and want to have a look around, a walk along the Seattle waterfront and piers is always nice, which probably stretches for about a mile..from the scultpure park at the north end to pioneer square at the south...there is the famous Edgewater Hotel which actually has outdoor seating over the water (the hotel where led zep / girl / shark incident took place!). They have a happy hour (not sure on exact times) and overall their food is excellent quality. But on a nice day, with the sun and mountains and water...it really is one of the most impressive places to linger on a beautiful day when in Seattle...

The Edgewater Hotel | 2411 Alaskan Way, Pier 67 | Seattle, Washington (WA) 98121
Happy Hour: Sun-Thurs: 3:00pm - 6:00pm

Highly, highly recommended.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey et al...

I know how excited you all must be looking forward to the concert tonight! Just wanted to say to have a fabulous time (that's a given :D ) and enjoy your meetup!

All the best,
Diana
zenon5

Post by zenon5 »

This will be concert #3 for us. This time we will be bringing two kids up from Salem.... We're thinking about the Pyramid Ale House as a good spot with family. Any feedback? At both concerts so far cameras have been OK'd. I've snapped away to my heart's content. Tonight will be fine, for a while : -)
Attachments
securedownload-2.jpeg
securedownload-2.jpeg (50.24 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
securedownload-6.jpeg
securedownload-6.jpeg (58.74 KiB) Viewed 2767 times
securedownload-2.jpeg
securedownload-2.jpeg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
shauna

Post by shauna »

Pyramid Alehouse pretty good for food. I just found out there is a Mariners game at 3:40 today. That is right next doow to WaMu. they may have alot of street parking taken until game over. I think traffic will be carzy. get there early!
zenon- did you take those pic? really good.
Shauna in Seattle

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”