any requests from Leonard ?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mirka

any requests from Leonard ?

Post by mirka » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:58 am

MaryB send LC in Phoenix a box of chocolates, long stemmed rose and the monkey with the hand-carved plywood violin that he seemed to like:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14360#p164496.

Last spring I send in Charlottetown a bouquet of roses that he also seemed to like:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11116#p121066

and Nikki dedicated him a song:
http://www.myspace.com/nikkiemusic

I noticed fans posting sometimes requests for certain songs, I wonder if Leonard has any requests that could be fulfilled by his fans ? :razz: :razz: :razz:
Last edited by mirka on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Vlastik

Re: any requests from Leonard ?

Post by Vlastik » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:58 am

What a great idea! :D
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 am

What a great question. I was thinking of doing the box of chocolates and a long stem rose too, in Seattle! I'm way too shy though - I love thinking about what I could do, but would never be brave enough to actually do!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:40 am

KaimiK wrote:What a great question. I was thinking of doing the box of chocolates and a long stem rose too, in Seattle! I'm way too shy though - I love thinking about what I could do, but would never be brave enough to actually do!
Hi KaimiK...

Thank you again...you were sort of the catalyst that propelled Mary and later me into researching those pit seats in Phoenix! Mary was so awesome and so cool. Everything in her Leonard tote, and at the first note of whichever song she simply stood up and placed the chocolates/rose...tea/oranges...monkey/violin right in the center of the front stage! Of course it helps considerably to be seated in the front row! But it is still do-able from several rows back. You mainly have to know the set list to a T, and anticipate what song will come next. If it is the one you want to do something with then simply say "excuse me, excuse me, oops sorry"...then quickly slouch down the aisle and pop whatever onto the stage! Concentrate on the right side of the stage. The women are great but I think it's the men who will pick up on whatever item is there.

The little monkey was so funny! It was actually a cute monkey with this carved out plywood violin and bow velcro'd to him. It was so cool to see Leonard (and Sharon) laugh, and then for Leonard to pick him up and hold him high! If it's something unusual, or something he wouldn't expect, then it's all the more special and spontaneous!

Good luck!

Diana

ps...actually I thought of throwing myself on the stage, but security would have dragged me away ;-)
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:03 am

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be in the front row, almost perfectly in the center, so I'll have to try to think of something original - and try to be brave! Really shouldn't pass up that opportunity!

As for throwing yourself onstage...if I've read other posts correctly, 30 years ago you'd have been welcomed on stage. Ah, how the times have changed!

Just a little over two weeks and counting!

KaimiK
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:47 am

ladydi wrote:If it's something unusual, or something he wouldn't expect, then it's all the more special and spontaneous!

Diana

ps...actually I thought of throwing myself on the stage, but security would have dragged me away ;-)
You should have done it Diana :lol: :lol: :lol: . It doesn't get anymore unusual than that!! You shouldn't have worried about security, they didn't seem to be stopping anyone from doing to much of anything. Better still, I think you would have gotten LC's attention ;-) :!:

Laughing regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mirka

Post by mirka » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 am

KaimiK wrote:What a great question. I was thinking of doing the box of chocolates and a long stem rose too, in Seattle! I'm way too shy though - I love thinking about what I could do, but would never be brave enough to actually do!
Kaimi, whenever you are too shy to act on your ideas remember that first time Leonard was performing on stage "he started singing Suzanne, stopped midway and walked off. Collins, who was in the wings, persuaded him to return, joined him and together they finished the song."
I think he will appreciate box of chocolates or whatever you'll come with.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:07 am

Thank you for the encouragement Mirka. I'll see if I can find a bit of bravery somewhere!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”