Photography @ Radio City Music Hall

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ssan

Photography @ Radio City Music Hall

Post by ssan »

This is what it says on Radio City Music Hall's website regarding Cameras:

For the Christmas Spectacular and other family events, 35mm and digital cameras will be permitted in Radio City Music Hall, however, you must refrain from taking pictures during the performance. Taking photos during events is distracting not only to the performers, but your fellow patrons as well. Video cameras/recorders are strictly prohibited. This policy will be strictly enforced.

For concert events, this policy is at the discretion of the artist.

So I guess the question is: what is LC's official policy regarding photography at his shows? I saw Mark Knopfler last year and the fact that they have an official policy not just on taking pictures but for actually recording shows (albeit audio only) made things much easier.

PS: I'll be there on May 17. Woohoo!
ssan

Re: Photography @ Radio City Music Hall

Post by ssan »

ok, my tickets came in the mail today (yay!) and on them it says:

"NO CAMERAS/VIDEO/RECORDER"
:?

Is this at the request of Leonard Cohen/Management/Promoter?
Do you have this on your tickets for other shows as well?
Have you been able to take cameras (legally) in a venue so far and take pictures (without disturbing anyone)?
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It's on every single ticket.
That didn't prevent people from recording virtually every of 100 shows LC gave so far 8) And hundreds of people in first rows holding their cell phones in the air and recording.
ssan

Post by ssan »

Thanks for the info. There'd be no problem in sneaking in a small camera but I'd like to know if cameras are officially allowed in (as in searching the bag, seeing the camera, letting you go in) then I'd rather take the big camera and indulge in some delicious l. cohen in radio city music hall shots.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”