Red Rocks Meet-Up

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by MaryB »

Hi Greg,

The excitement was just too much and you had to get to Denver earlier than expected :razz: 8) :D - good for you! Looks like George and I will not get to the Sam Phillips Holiday Inn (nice bit of trivia!) any sooner that 6PM on Monday, hopefully earlier, as we fly stand-by - all depends on seat availability which I am constantly checking.

Can't wait to get together with you and Sherry and everyone else! I just can't figure out why my excitement level about this concert is so much more intense than any of the others. It could have something to do with the way all these meetups are falling so nicely into place and especially the opportunity to meet all these forum members face to face :D .

See you soon!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mary ~

I'm thinking that this being such a phenomenal venue, in the mountains, under the stars [or cloudy sky ;-) ]... and its being the last concert Leonard will be having in the U.S. [at least for awhile] may be a fair measure of your excitement, too. I know it is for me!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Mary - Yes, I'll be at the Holiday Inn as well. Had seriously considered staying at one of the "nicer" hotels, with the slim chance that I could bump into Leonard like some of our lucky forum members have. But, I just don't have the kind of luck to accidentally pick the right one anyway! I'll pm you my cell phone number...

Leslie - Fantastic news! So glad you'll be able to make it.

See everyone at 4:00 at the restaurant. And for those who won't be there, I won't know how to recognize you. But, I'll be easy to spot with the preggers belly - just come on over and say hello! I'll be happy to act as our forum "balloon" so we can find one another! :lol: (One of our ladies carried a helium balloon at the Detroit concert so the other forum members could find her, but the mean old security guys took it away!)

Safe travels everyone!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

KaimiK wrote:. But, I'll be easy to spot with the preggers belly - just come on over and say hello! I'll be happy to act as our forum "balloon" so we can find one another! :lol: (One of our ladies carried a helium balloon at the Detroit concert so the other forum members could find her, but the mean old security guys took it away!)
Kelsey

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think security will be taking your 'balloon' away like they did Diana's.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Post by mutti »

can anyone tell me how you put the concerts you have been to on the bottom of the page.
I see this and can't figure it out.
Thanks
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

mutti wrote:can anyone tell me how you put the concerts you have been to on the bottom of the page.
I see this and can't figure it out.
Thanks
Mutti

Leslie,

Click on 'user control panel' on top of the page. Then click 'profile', then 'edit signature'. What you type in the box will show up on all your posts.

Warmest regards,
Mary
novabella

Post by novabella »

Wow, it's really getting close now! I'm flying into Denver on the morning of the 2nd and flying out on the 3rd. I'm considering crashing the 4pm dinner meet-up but am staying downtown and would like to see a bit of the city before the show. If I don't make the dinner, I'd love to gather with everyone at the merchandise area at the 6:15pm time slot if that works out. I love the idea of Kelsey's pregnant belly as the group identifier! If not, a get together after the show sounds wonderful. I love sharing experiences with other fans and the energy and spirit of the show is always so vibrant just afterwards. I'm crossing my fingers that the forecast makes a shift soon! Brrrrr... I feel blessed that the stars have aligned for me to attend this show and truly cannot wait for Tuesday! Safe travels everyone.
San Diego- April 7th, 2009, Red Rocks- June 4nd, 2009, Las Vegas- November 12th, 2009, San Jose- November 13th, 2009
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Looking forward to meeting you there novabella!
mutti

Post by mutti »

Does anyone need a ride from Boulder to the concert? This is Mutti.
I will have a vehicle but my companion is meeting me there later.
let me know
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

If I get to town early, I'll try heading up to Ship Rock Grille at Red Rocks for a sweet little drink at the bar, maybe around 3, just to get a feel of the place and like you said, Mary B., in case of a sound check, we can't miss that! Otherwise see you all at Rigatonis around 4, we don't need reservations, so any of you not posting come and say hello if you have time before the show!

I'm leaving in a few hours! The last show of the tour. It all started at the Beacon. And now Red Rocks. Hard to believe.

See you soon!

Denise
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

The last show of the tour. It all started at the Beacon. And now Red Rocks. Hard to believe.
And this reminds me of how I can't believe that this dream has come true for me!! When I thought for sure I couldn't, I found that I can! And I will... and I feel so blessed 8) :D 8) .

I'm looking forward to meeting you, too, novabella. Our stars aligned in very similar patterns :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Just called Ship Rock Grille - Tomorrow, they are open from 10:30 - 2:30, then close and reopen at 6:30! Hope this helps with plans!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yep, that's what I thought. If there's a soundcheck, the public won't be privy.

Weather report I'm looking at says 45 low and 53 high, 70% chance of rain / likely to rain, and it's the only day of the 7 that has "COOL" written across the cloud that has rain dripping from it. Uhm. This might be the concert for Leonard to sing "Avalanche" ;-) .
~ Oscar Wilde
novabella

Post by novabella »

Hey guys! My friend from Denver is now not wanting to attend due to weather conditions. It is a single ticket in section 1, row 3, seat 69. This seat is about 5 seats down from me. I can arrange delivery in the Denver area tomorrow or pick up downtown. If anyone knows of anyone that would like a single ticket at face value ($168) please let me know so I can help sell this for my friend.

Nova
619 398 5683
San Diego- April 7th, 2009, Red Rocks- June 4nd, 2009, Las Vegas- November 12th, 2009, San Jose- November 13th, 2009
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

It really was a special show. I am sorry for everyone who was not able to attend. I actually headed back home after I heard it was postponed. I was at the restaurant at 4:00 wondering where everyone was when I found out, so I began the long drive home. I was two hours outside of Denver when a friend called and said she could make the postponed show, so I turned around! I am so glad I turned around. It was a lot of driving but so worth the extra effort. I was worried about work, but I really did not need to worry. That show was actually better than The Beacon. It was so lovely, the setting, the crowd, so appreciative and Leonard was glowing. I hope everyone who took pictures, of all of us up in the front will share those pictures with me! It was so nice to meet everyone. I just cried and cried, especially during the first set. It was a magical experience, and Red Rocks is a sacred spot. The Cohenites are one of a kind. It all comes together beyond the imagination. It was like a dream. Thank you, everyone, so much for the extraordinary experience!

Denise

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”