Red Rocks Meet-Up

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Box_of_Rain

Re: Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by Box_of_Rain »

oh and just in case I wasn't clear...
one for lunch day of show and
one for dinner day before show...

Denise!!!
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I'm posting this twice, since there are two threads...

I got some great information that might be helpful on where to meet...

Holiday Bar downtown Morrison 1/4 mile from Red Rocks entrance...good local bar to hang out after the show

Vinny's Bar with outside patio and fireplace, a few doors down from Holiday Bar, maybe on the other side of street?...another good place to meet after the show

Tony Rigotonis Restaurant, attached to Vinny's bar good Italian food, maybe a good place to meet for lunch before the show, if the Ship Rock Grill does not work out...at least at Tony's we are not constrained by time, like the Ship Rock...probably less expensive too...seems like it would be nice to meet to eat before heading into the show

I got this info from a Morrison local...

Cheers! Hope that is helpful

Denise
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Well...Hi Denise...

How'd we end up with these 2 threads?! 8) Anyhow..ditto on my remarks on the other thread! Great work.

Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone,

Just a suggestion here but I think Denise might be on to something. Instead of perhaps having to rush through lunch at Red Rocks (sound check etc), perhaps on the 2nd we could meet for a late lunch/early dinner about 4pm at Tony Rigatoni's in Morrison. That would give us time to talk and eat and still make it to Red Rocks for the 6pm box office/will-call. And perhaps after the concert we could go to Vinny's....next door to Rigatoni's...for a drink and a few minutes to decelerate....or stay on cloud nine! :D

Greg, this won't interfere with any of your plans for the evening of June 1st. This would also give all of us arriving on the 2nd plenty of time to make it to Denver, accounting for possible flight delays etc.... We could check in to our hotels or campgrounds and not feel rushed to make a luncheon reservation. What do you think? Roman?

And since Roman never checks his pm's ;-) ;-) my cell phone is 734-646-6491. Dave and I are leaving on Friday morning for Colorado but will be in the mountains and not sure if I'll have possibility to use a computer.

Looking forward SO much to the mountains, Leonard, and being with all of you! :D :D

Diana
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Hi everyone –
Sorry for the long silence but I was sick (kind of flu – not “swine”) and I was completely out of order and out of mind at times. I am O.K. right now but another disaster struck, I was sent to Arizona to test some structures for corrosion (that’s what I do for a living) and I will spend this week in Tucson, AZ (very hot spot!!) but I should be back by Saturday and my presence in upcoming concert and meet-ups is rather safe.
I am in favor of the dinner the night before the concert, lunch/early dinner the day of the concert (Ship Rock Grille) or in Morrison (Tony Rigatoni’s) and party after the concert (Morrison- Vinny’s), so count me in for all of this.

Diana, sorry I am rather absent-minded, that’s my nature, and you are right, I did not check my pm’s (by the way - my cell phone is 720-235-9811 or 970-420-2107). I think that you have the best ideas so let’s do it your way.

One more thing, the weather, yes the famous Colorado whether sucks lately and it might rain (I am not joking) on June 2nd (60% chance) so be prepared for that too.

See you soon in Colorado.

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Oh Roman...you poor thing! I'm sure you must have felt awful. After the Phoenix concert I came down with a horrible bug that took 5 weeks to kick. Come to think of it you must have become sick after NYC...probably airplane germs! Hope all goes well for you in AZ!

Greg will be sort of orchestrating the June 1st meetup. In the meantime, I'll contact Tony Rigatoni's and make reservations for at least 12 for 4pm on the 2nd. I've included you and your daughter, Dave and me, Greg and Cherry, Mary and George, Lizzy, Denise, Kelsey, Bob (a friend from Ann Arbor). However, this is open to anyone who is interested in a little meetup with food prior to the concert! Just let me know your names and we'll add you on the list! :D

Per information from Red Rocks the box office/will-call is not operated by them...probably by ticketmaster? Anyhow it is supposed to open at 6pm on the day of the concert so this would give us time to get up to Red Rocks, park, and pick up tickets if we need to.

Will send more later.
Can't wait to see you all, but also don't want to rush it because I don't want to rush my 4 days at Rocky Mountain prior to the 2nd! 8)
Take care,
Diana
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

http://www.tonyrigatonis.com/map_morrison.htm

Here's a link to the map for directions to Tony Rigatonis Restaurant, and Vinneys Bar is connected to the restaurant, right next to it for after the show.
Looking forward to meeting you!
4:00 sounds like the perfect meetup time, plenty of time to meet and eat before heading in! I'm so happy and excited!

Denise
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Sounds like the plans are coming together - yes! So, early dinner at Tony Rigatoni's at 4:00, then off to Red Rocks for the 6:00 will-call opening. Any local info on travel times - I've heard RR traffic can be a mess sometimes? Also, is everyone still planning on staying at the Holiday Inn?

Glad we're opting for the early dinner rather than lunch - I have to be at the airport at 5am, so I'll likely nap through lunchtime!

Just a few days now, hardly seems possible.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Kelsey,

I'm just about to leave work and won't get home till about 7pm my time tonight but will write more later. Yes on the Holiday Inn. And Rigatoni's in Morrison is probably 5 minutes from the parking lots at Red Rocks! Yes...you will need a nap!

More later,
SO EXCITED!
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

'Whiter thou goest........', but, I was all excited about the grille at Red Rocks just because we might have been privy to a sound check! Oh well, George and I will be there wherever you all decide with 'rings on our fingers and bells on our toes and a bone in our nose ho ho'. Guess we'll be easy to spot :roll: .

Hope you feel better soon Roman.

Looking forward to meeting everyone sooooooon!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

MaryB wrote:'Whiter thou goest........', but, I was all excited about the grille at Red Rocks just because we might have been privy to a sound check! Oh well, George and I will be there wherever you all decide with 'rings on our fingers and bells on our toes and a bone in our nose ho ho'. Guess we'll be easy to spot :roll: .

Hope you feel better soon Roman.

Looking forward to meeting everyone sooooooon!

Warmest regards,
Mary
I was thinking that as well Mary! If I'm not in too desperate need of that nap after the flight, I thought I'd drive out in the late morning to explore Red Rocks, the visitor center if it's open and maybe grab a bite to eat out there if it's not too busy. I'm sure I'll be hungry by 4:00 again anyway - always hungry these days! :roll: But, "table for one" sounds a bit drab, so feel free to come on out too! :D This is going to be such an amazing day!

Ecstatic and expectant (in more ways than one!)
Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
mutti

Post by mutti »

Have fun you guys! I will think of all of you at Red Rocks on Tuesday night while I sit in my garden...
If he plays again in North America in the fall I will be there and let you know.
Good luck and have fun one and all.
Mutti Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

KaimiK wrote: If I'm not in too desperate need of that nap after the flight, I thought I'd drive out in the late morning to explore Red Rocks, the visitor center if it's open and maybe grab a bite to eat out there if it's not too busy. I'm sure I'll be hungry by 4:00 again anyway - always hungry these days! :roll: But, "table for one" sounds a bit drab, so feel free to come on out too! :D This is going to be such an amazing day!

Kelsey
Kelsey,
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn. Did you decide to stay there also? Perhaps, if some of us don't need a nap (yeh, right) we could pop over to Red Rocks like you suggested to check it out and maybe, luckily, get to hear some of the sound check :D .
Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you for your good wishes, Mutti Leslie 8) . If Leonard plays in the fall, we're liable to be there with you :D .
Kelsey
Haha... that's sweet, Kelsey :D .

Oh... time, time, where art thou? Our clocks are all set in LT now.

LT and counting,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Greg Ross

Re: Finally Arriving in Denver on Sat 30th

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations people

I've managed to speak with Diane (from Memphis) this afternon (Friday 29th) and have tried ringing Roman a couple of times, I'm now flying in to Denver on Saturday (30th) afternon, (United Airlines Flight 884), a day earlier than I thought I'd be able to, staying at the Holiday Inn and would warmly welcome hearing from anybody who'd like to make contact. My friend Sherry flies in from Oklahoma City on the Sunday afternoon.

By the way, I learnt an interesting little piece of information this mornng, while doing a tour of Sun Studios here in Memphis, it seems that Sam Phillips, the founder of Sun Studios, was also one of the co-founders of Holiday Inns, which is where he made the big money.
Cheers
GregAll Good Things
Greg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”