Red Rocks Meet-Up

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Greg Ross

Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by Greg Ross »

Further to the welcome and thoughtful news from Jarkko, re early entry to concerts for members, in terms of the final concert at Red Rocks Colorado, Roman has done some excellent exploratory work, with respect to a pre-concert meet-up, with applause and appreciation from others such as Diana (Lady Di) and myself. Several of us are now staying at the Holiday Inn 14707 W Colfax Ave, again, thanks to Roman.

As this concert is only eight weeks away, (and in light of the above information from Jarkko) we should probably start organising the get-together. Although I live many thousands of kilometres (oh, sorry, miles!) away, I'm very happy to help coordinate the event, (I'll be flying in from Memphis on Sunday 31st May), as such things are relatively easy by internet these days.

The first thing is to try and ascertain how many people would like to meet up, the suggestion is for a pre-concert celebration in Denver on Monday 1st June, continuing on (after a little sleep!) through to the concert and afterwards.

Could I suggest that those who would like to participate / meet up, break bread and wine together, email me with names and numbers and suggestions, as a first base and we can then collectively organise what suits us all.
Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
Box_of_Rain

Re: Red Rocks Meet-Up

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Count me in. I'd like to do pre, pre and post!

Sounds like Roman was sugggesting some pre concert ideas, day of and day before, but I haven't heard any ideas for post concert...I really wonder how that would work, maybe it won't be so late, not sure what time the show starts and ends...maybe there is something possibly in the town of Morrison, or maybe the Red Rocks bar will stay open late?

Thanks for everyone's help...see you all soon!

Denise
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Hi again Denise,

My husband and I are also ready to do pre pre and post - whatever is decided. Do you know where you will be staying. Diana booked at the Holiday Inn West in Golden as did we. I think that is why Roman threw the other suggestion out of meeting close to the Holiday Inn. Anywhere is fine with me. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, someplace to have cocktails and a bite to eat. We'll just go with the flow.

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Greg-
I am somewhere in the middle of nowhere (Tennessee-and yes I've been to Graceland too-, Mississippi, Georgia and Alabama). I’ll be back at the end of the month.
Happy Easter!

Roman
Attachments
Graceland.jpg
Graceland.jpg (75.3 KiB) Viewed 13111 times
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations and best wishes for Easter to Roman and everyone.

I'm in agreement with Roman, the place he mentions for a pre-concert meet-up on Monday 1st June sounds perfect, how do we go about booking a table or two, or whatever is required? can we leave that in your hands Roman? I reckon we could do with a PA system (microphone and amplifier / speakers, probably the place has them.

I've also designed a T-Shirt to wear for the event, (what size shirt do you take Roman?), I'll post some pictures of it. If anybody's interested, I took the photograph at the concert here in Perth, Enjoy your travels and be safe, by the way, anything you can tell me about going to Gracelands and Memphis would be very much appreciated, Diana has been wonderful in telling me what to do at the Grand Canyon and isn't she doing wonderfully well with all the concerts she's going to!
Attachments
T-Shirt on Dreadful Looking Bloke!
T-Shirt on Dreadful Looking Bloke!
LC T-Shirt designs 2 002.jpg (64.22 KiB) Viewed 13083 times
T-Shirt with design
T-Shirt with design
LC T-Shirt designs 004.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 13076 times
T-Shirt Design
T-Shirt Design
Leonard Cohen at Red Rocks T-Shirt 1.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 13080 times
All Good Things
Greg

Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I haven't decided where to stay...I usually like to camp out, I know of a camp ground near by Red Rocks, maybe I'll do the room at the Holiday Inn in Golden...undecided.
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Camping out is always fun, although it seems the Holiday Inn could be the place for us all to be this time around, but your call my friend, meanwhile, just to whet the artistic appetite of us all, here's a few more pics from the Perth concert.
Cheers
Attachments
Leonard Cohen Concert 131 copy.jpg
Leonard Cohen Concert 131 copy.jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 12955 times
Leonard Cohen Concert 128 copy.jpg
Leonard Cohen Concert 128 copy.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 12932 times
Leonard Cohen Concert 135 copy.jpg
Leonard Cohen Concert 135 copy.jpg (57.86 KiB) Viewed 12905 times
All Good Things
Greg

ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Greg,

I absolutely love what you did with the Perth photos! I should delve into my photoshop a little more to be creative. Dave and I definitely will not be there for June 1st. It would be so much fun to get together with the group for a couple of days but we'll be in Estes Park and will be driving down on the morning of the 2nd, probably arriving around noon or so. We are positively up for pre and post concert though! Since we have the early entrance for the will-call tickets someone else had mentioned possibly eating at the little restaurant right at Red Rocks. Reservations in advance! But wherever is fine with us! I'll just be so happy to see everyone again and to meet you and Roman.....and to see Leonard "look at me one last time"! :D

Actually it may not be the last...I'm thinking about a quicky trip to somewhere in Europe....or who knows? ;-)

All the best,
Diana

ps...the t-shirts are awesome!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone! Less than 5 weeks to go! Wow... :D

My main reason for the entry is to bring our thread back up towards the top.

All the best,
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Good for you Diana - gotta start stockpiling those bananas :lol:

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Howdy Folks –
Roman here,
I’m back! After almost 5000 miles behind the wheel, after tornadoes and snowstorms, after exhaustion and being dog-tired, I’m back and even though I feel like I’m out of the game already, believe me, I’m ready to meet the Cohen Day (C-Day) and you.
We have only three weeks left and a lot of work to do, so let’s pitch up and finish the job.
Greg – thank you for everything – I like your T-Shirts (by the way, my size is M) and other ideas. Keep up the good work!

Greetings,
Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Roman....Welcome back! I have missed you SO much! Will write more tomorrow as having some computer connection problems tonight. Not long now! This will be so exciting!

Diana :D
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Just a few weeks to go! Curious as to what plans have been finalized?
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

I'm with you Kelsey on this one! Now that you're back Roman (yeah, we missed you), between you and Greg, we'll start to get a better idea of what we will be doing - you guys lead, and we will gladly follow :D !

Best regards,
Mary
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mary...I know this is silly...

There are just a couple of things I'm REALLY weird about....just post something saying "hi" or "goodnight". Please!

Diana

(also don't like a hat on a bed!)

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”