SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
pohlman

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Postby pohlman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:02 am

Maybe I missed the answer to this... is this only available for people who got the pre-sale tickets or for all members?
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:16 am

Well, by reading the entire thread, all I got was that 'certain' venues will open early. Like Jarkko said, 'check this thread before your concert' - As far as I can see, only 5 venues (well four, one twice), have been listed thus far. I am only replying, as I'm watching for news on my concert, and saw your post. I can't 'presume' to guess, but if I would....I would think it would be for all ticket holders, not just pre-sale. But, what do I know? Nada. Only what is in this thread. I phoned my box office, as I have a 'will call' re the pre-sale, and they said, they 'don't know', and to call on the day of the concert for confirmation of what time the box office will open. Sorry, but I'm 'trying' to get info, as you, and I thought I'd give your question a whirl as well. Only your box-office knows for sure, at this point, and at this point, depending on where you are, they don't know much.

All I can suggest is keeping checking this thread, and/or calling your box office, depending on how close your concert date is.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 am

Leonard's management and AEG have decided that for all concerts in the US (and I am assuming Canada), the Forum members who have purchased tickets on the presale...with will-call tickets (we are the only ones with will-call), will have early access to the theatre. Jarkko will advise us venue by venue, but I think EVERY venue will open 1 1/2 to 2 hours ahead of concert time for the will-call fans to enter and pick up their tickets. The merchandise table will also be open....as will the bar/refreshment area. All this BEFORE the doors open for others who hold tickets! This will give Forum fans a time to purchase items ahead of the general public, but most importantly it will give us an opportunity to meet-up with other fans prior to the concerts!

The will-call was to ward off scalpers...and this extra is to give us time together! It's a win-win situation! Thank you Jarkko, AEG and Leonard!

All the best,
Diana
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:34 am

Thanks LadyDi - it was my feeling that if Jarkko is going to announce venue by venue, it's not necessarily going to be a sweeping 'all venues'. As it is, the venues open about an hour or 90 mins, before hand for the 'will call'. So, some venues might just stick to their ordinary 'pre-sale' time. So, I'm concluding that non pre-sale tix will not be included in this special 'early opening'. No matter - we'll find out as time moves on - ever so slowly. Tkx.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:20 am

The idea is to have the early opening at every venue in US/Canada. The tour management has to arrange this with every venue, one by one, and that's why the opening times come slowly (and will also vary from 2 hrs to 90 min).
This arrangement is supposed to be open to all our members, not only for those who got the tickets at the pre-sale. Without any written proofs (like a membership card) actually everybody who comes early and refers to the membership will get in. (This is my view on it!)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Postby bridger15 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:50 am

jarkko wrote:... Without any written proofs (like a membership card) actually everybody who comes early and refers to the membership will get in. (This is my view on it!)
Thank you, Jarkko. Sounds like a good plan. I bought a ticket for the Friday night Los Angeles concert on the AMEX pre-sale after I saw the tip on the Forum. I guess I am covered.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:20 am

Jarkko,

We all know, with our hearts, that you, you don't sleep a lot these days. Ha.I'm sure we'll all be doing what we can to find our facts, instead of firing round after round at you! Thanks all back there, for even stepping into this avalanche. Esp. as you're not a 'ticket guy'.
jb1976

Postby jb1976 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am

At the Austin show on Thursday they were telling people that they could go in once they picked up their ticket. There was no secret code word or handshake to perform. At this event, they did not usher you inside once you got your ticket. You could mingle outside or go inside. Even once you went inside they were letting you go back outside. Very relaxed about the whole thing.

I used the early time to look at the merchandise table before it was swamped. The most interesting item for me was a limited edition run of 200 posters for the Austin event for $25, each one hand numbered.
Dan K.

Postby Dan K. » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 am

This sounds like an incredible opportunity. My sincere thanks to Leonard and his management! I am looking forward to my concerts more than ever now!
melancholia

Postby melancholia » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Dan K. wrote:This sounds like an incredible opportunity. My sincere thanks to Leonard and his management! I am looking forward to my concerts more than ever now!
so incredibly thoughtful. what other performer extends such kindness & consideration to his/her fans (or perhaps, is able to)? there is a reason he is The Man.

this is becoming a once-in-a-lifetime holy experience..

very grateful leonard, jarkko, & marie,
melancholia
and you want to travel with him
and you want to travel blind
and you think maybe you'll trust him
for he's touched your perfect body with his mind...
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:17 am

Here are opening times for LA and Oakland:

April 10 Los Angeles (first show) 6 pm
Oakland 13, 14, 15: for all three shows 5:50 pm

We had presale to the first LA concert only, that's why the 2nd night is not included
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
st theresa

Postby st theresa » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Glad I decided to drive down early to Calgary --I will be ready and waiting when the doors open at the Jack Singer Concert Hall --Bring on April 26.
olsenrd82

Postby olsenrd82 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm

i was at the grand prairie show last night. got there early to pick up will-call (pre-sale) tickets. they opened up just a bit later than the 6:20 time previously mentioned, but it was nice when they said "fan club members may now enter to have a first look at the merchandise."
linda_lakeside

Postby linda_lakeside » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Wonderful, wonderful. It warms my heart to see that this mega-project is 'working'.
pohlman

Postby pohlman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks for the updates. I suppose I'll show up early at the Dodge Theater tomorrow (well, tonight now...) with my non-presale tickets and see how it goes!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”