SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Post by MaryB »

Welcome to the forum dari!

I have seen pics of the venue and it is indeed beautiful! LC in these intimate surroundings is always so special! Glad you got wonderful seats and am looking forward to your review of the concert!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
spug17

Post by spug17 »

I'm also excited about the Waterbury show, so I hope we can get in early over here!

I saw Lenny at the Beacon Theatre show and figured, "Ok, I've seen the man the best I'll likely see him, no need to come back to NYC to try and top it."

then I saw he was playing right in CT, a half hour away, so there was pretty much no way i could just let it go!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Welcome to the forum spug17!

There are 2 of you right here going to the same concert. You might have even both been at the Beacon since Dari says something about attending the NYC shows. You should really try to do a meetup pre or post concert (there have to be a number of people interested) - it truly enhances the whole experience! Enjoy the show, I know you will :D and we will eagerly be awaiting your reviews of the concert!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
misskitty

Post by misskitty »

Jarkko,
Thanks for your kind response to Early Entrance questions --Your commitment to making this concert experience seamless and memorable for all of us is appreciated. You rock!

Carla
spug17

Post by spug17 »

thanks!
though i think i signed up once before and forgot my old login info!

so there has to be enough interest to enter early?? how exactly do we demonstrate that here on the board!?

i think i saw at least 2 other people just in this thread going to the CT show... maybe the early entrance can be a super-special 3-person affair! haha.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Our members bought several hundred tickets to every venue at the pre-sales, and all these tickets are will-call. You will not be alone! Just let the personnel know that you are a fan club/Forum member.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jaimemoore

Post by jaimemoore »

Hello all, long time fan first time on here!!

I am so happy to be going tothe show tonight here in Winnipeg! What a treat this is going to be. Can everyone go to the early entrence at 6:30, like me and my husband?

thanks in advance,

Jaime
jaimemoore

Post by jaimemoore »

:PS, I have our tickets already, so can we join the group at 6:30 in Winnipeg?
keiwolf

Post by keiwolf »

Please post early entrance info on the Waterbury CT. show as soon as you have some.
We are coming down to the wire ,and I am on pins and needles.
My friends all think im "nuts",but im a beginer compared to most fans in the forum.
Cant Wait!!!!!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Again we have an updated list of the next concerts with early entrance:

Minneapolis May 3: 6.30 pm pick up at main box office
Chicago May 5 & 6: 6.30 pm pick up at main box office
Detroit May 9: 6.30 pm pick up at main box office
Columbia May 11: 6:00 pm pick up at main box office
Philadelphia May 12: 6:30 pm pick up at main box office
Waterbury May 14: 6.30 pm pick up at main box office
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mccabefan

Post by mccabefan »

I wish I'd signed on here sooner, maybe we could have done the early entry! Anyway, we saw Leonard's concert in Victoria BC, Apr 21, and it was a wonderful night. He was in good voice and mood; spoke to the audience often. It had a club feel even in our arena of 7,000 seats. The audience was an interesting mix of longtime fans (like me and my husband; I have that first album in vinyl) and newer fans (I met my twenty-something niece in the bar line-up!). The band was great and he was very kind, gave each band member a moment (or more than one) to shine in the show. We were all on our feet at the end of the show, which earned us repeated encores (4).

If you don't already have tickets, and he's coming near you on this tour, GO! And show your appreciation at the end of the show!
spug17

Post by spug17 »

hehe, i hope by chance we get special fan club goodies. i can't afford much of the merchandise!
yeah, right.
:roll:
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

The 'goodies' have been coming in the form of the band members coming out to meet and greet the members of this forum before the shows - how special is that :D :!:

Best regards,
Mary
smw104

Post by smw104 »

is there any word on whether there will be early entrance at radio city? if not, do we know what time will call opens?

thanks.
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

This is a wonderful surprise. I have collected all of Leonards books and music for several years and had the opprtunity to see him in concert fifteen years ago.I am so excited to see and hear him perform again. Thank you for the special arrangements made for all of the members.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”