SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: SPECIAL EARLY ENTRANCE FOR MEMBERS TO US/CAN GIGS

Post by jarkko »

I have emailed the management about this request. Red Rocks was supposed to be the last concert in US, and indeed it will be the last in the spring leg.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

jarkko wrote:I have emailed the management about this request. Red Rocks was supposed to be the last concert in US, and indeed it will be the last in the spring leg.
Ohh Jarkko,

Another tidbit - 'was supposed to be the last concert in US'. I will wait patiently for your pronouncements.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

MaryB wrote:
jarkko wrote:I have emailed the management about this request. Red Rocks was supposed to be the last concert in US, and indeed it will be the last in the spring leg.
Ohh Jarkko,

Another tidbit - 'was supposed to be the last concert in US'. I will wait patiently for your pronouncements.
I also am waiting patiently for a Jarkko announcement about a Fall leg back in the US. In anticipation, I have cleared my Bridge Tournament travel calendar in the Fall to a minimal. I plan to follow the Maestro's final concerts, hopefully in the Southeast (to combine it with a family visit in Jacksonville, FL). And if in Toronto too, I will go there as well.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

As always, our wonderful Jarkko goes above and beyond as our advocate. Many thanks, we truly appreciate your efforts on our behalf. I hope, hope, hope AEG will reconsider the early entry and move it back to 6:00 for Red Rocks. So many are traveling so far for this concert, I know we have high expectations and the early entry/band greets have made wonderful evenings simply extraordinary!

Though I will be so thrilled for all of you if this tour continues on indefinitely - I will have a newborn late this summer and Red Rocks will be my last show for a while I'm afraid! Hmmm, though I'm sure a newborn would quietly snooze through... :lol:
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

KaimiK wrote: I will have a newborn late this summer and Red Rocks will be my last show for a while I'm afraid! Hmmm, though I'm sure a newborn would quietly snooze through... :lol:
Hold on Kaimi.... were you the lady who came to the box office in Columbia ~20 minutes before the gates opened looking for the ladies' room?
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

brightnow wrote:
KaimiK wrote: I will have a newborn late this summer and Red Rocks will be my last show for a while I'm afraid! Hmmm, though I'm sure a newborn would quietly snooze through... :lol:
Hold on Kaimi.... were you the lady who came to the box office in Columbia ~20 minutes before the gates opened looking for the ladies' room?
:lol: No, that wasn't me, I've only been to the Seattle concert. BUT, it certainly sounds like it could have been me! :lol:
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Ahda

Post by Ahda »

Greetings,
If by some Miracle you should be compelled to bestow
1 blessing for the Radio City Show in New York -PLease, Let it be me! 
I want to hear Mr Cohen -Elder Poet -Mentor-Speak-
However, I am a struggling poetess and Artist who has not fully recovered
economically after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
I seek an act of kindness- 
OH, PLease give me Passage;  1 greatly reduced, or free ticket-
An act of kindness, or a miracle? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ahda
Cell-504 812 4334
Poet-Player-www.myspace.com/ahdah
I can also barter-Variety entertainment>www.myspace.com/ahdaharts
stfa

Post by stfa »

Early admission at Hamilton worked - was nice to get to the merchandise quickly - did not see any band members but made the mistake of checking out my seat and I may have missed them - I did see Roscoe at the hotel earlier but didn't bother him!
Hamilton Place April 1993, O'Keefe Toronto July 1993, Center in the Square Kitchener June 2nd 2008, Hamilton Place June 3rd 2008, Copps Coliseum, Hamilton May 19th 2009, Labatt's London May 24th 2009, ACC Toronto December 4th & 5th 2012, Labatts London Dec 11th 2012 Copps Coliseum Hamilton April 9 2013 Tower of Song, Centre Bell November 6th 2017
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

did jarkko just inadvertently sort of almost confirm that there is a strong likelihood for more US concerts after the summer tour of europe???????

i don't know how much more my (or leonard's) heart can take. to say nothing of my bank account...

as long as leonard's health and sanity are not suffering, i will rejoice greatly if this news is true and would have to admit that my idea of heaven would be for the tour to go on and on forever and ever. bliss is a hard commodity to come by these days. and when you find it, you grab on with both hands and never want to let go. i am having the time of my life following the beloved master from place to place. (and i do feel like a disciple and i have always endeavored to spread the gospel and when is someone going to found the church of lc, like they did for mr. coltrane?)

which reminds me, i'm looking for traveling companions in europe this summer. anyone interested? i have lots of experience, traveling and otherwise, and am a good traveling companion (a traveling heart with no companion). i've already looked into hotels, train schedules, etc. so let me know if you're interested. i'm probably going to go to as many of the shows in july, august, and september as i can afford, so join me for all or part of the magical mystery tour! i never understood the deadheads until this past year...it is a tribal thing...(if you want to check out my bona fides, you can see who i am on facebook)...

warmest regards,
bonnie
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

inadvertently??
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Be still my heart!!!!!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

jarkko wrote:inadvertently??
Obviously the promoter will not officially acknowledge future dates as long as there is hope of selling more tickets for concerts that have already been announced, but I think we all know what's going on. :D
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Obviously the promoter will not officially acknowledge future dates as long as there is hope of selling more tickets for concerts that have already been announced,
Hi Brightnow ~

I don't agree with this being the motive. Leonard's management has had no issue with announcing extensive tour schedules well in advance. The embrace of Leonard by the public has continued, however, as some people have been unable to travel or obtain tickets, and there continuing to be a demand; Leonard's and his group's willingness to go on being assessed and determined as they go and determined to be 'a go;' and then subsequent venues being determined, negotiations made, contracts signed with the dates, times, and concerts secured... these seem to me to be what's at the heart of these references being made without details.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

lizzytysh wrote:
Obviously the promoter will not officially acknowledge future dates as long as there is hope of selling more tickets for concerts that have already been announced,
Hi Brightnow ~

I don't agree with this being the motive. Leonard's management has had no issue with announcing extensive tour schedules well in advance. The embrace of Leonard by the public has continued, however, as some people have been unable to travel or obtain tickets, and there continuing to be a demand; Leonard's and his group's willingness to go on being assessed and determined as they go and determined to be 'a go;' and then subsequent venues being determined, negotiations made, contracts signed with the dates, times, and concerts secured... these seem to me to be what's at the heart of these references being made without details.

~ Lizzy
Lizzy,

I do not disagree :)
One thing for sure: the fact that Leonard and the band are willing to be on the road for so long, away from their homes, families and other projects could only mean that they are (still) really enjoying the tour.
Their return to the US would hopefully mean that I can attend another concert, unbelievable!!
(Also, I seem to recall reading in an interview somewhere that after the tour they might get into a studio and record an album, yet another wonder to anticipate.)

Avi
fennel

Early Entry in Boston

Post by fennel »

sorry, i'm a newbie and couldn't find this ans. anywhere. Does anyone know if the early entry applies to Boston both nights, or is it just the first night May 29th? Also, if i bought the tickets from someone on the forum, (yes i'm a member of the LCForum as well) would the early entry still apply to me? thanks so much!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”