Oakland presale - reports??

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
colombo

Oakland Ticket Report

Post by colombo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 pm

It was very exciting pulling up front row Pit and second row Center Orchestra at yesterday's presale. Of course, I couldn't afford to buy extra tickets but it was VERY gratifying to see these seats made available to fans.

I noticed yesterday that the VIP option was not available and indeed today, the only seats being sold are at the standard prices.

I'm hoping that the good news Jarkko has in store for us this weekend is an announcement that the remaining Platinum seats and VIP seats will be released into the general inventory for ALL shows. That, and perhaps an announcement that one of these shows will be filmed for broadcast on PBS and later DVD release. I can only hope.

I know that all of you planning to see Leonard in Oakland will be thrilled with the choice of venue. The Paramount is a classic art deco movie house that opened in 1930, and was restored by the City of Oakland in the 1970s after falling into disrepair. That's right, it's owned by the city and operated for the benefit of the people. Come early and enjoy the soaring ceilings, have a cocktail, and view the historic pictures. You won't regret it.

As of 45 minutes after onsale today, there were still second row Balcony seats and row DD in the rear Orchestra for sale. Get 'em while they're hot!
gb14772

Got 4th row seats last night.

Post by gb14772 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:40 am

I was on a business trip in Japan most of this week. I was in the air at 10am on Thursday, and wasn't even aware of the 3rd oakland show. I found out on Thursday evening, and found the presale link, I checked it out about 8pm and was able to get 2 seats in Row D! Awesome for coming so late to the party. Beats my Row K seats for the 1st Oakland show. Get to go twice!
colombo

Additional seats released for Oakland

Post by colombo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:45 am

I'm pulling up row O orchestra for Monday and Row F orchestra center for Tuesday. You can get 6 seats together on the center aisle row G right now for Tuesday. Sure, it'll set you back $176/ticket but it's less than the VIP tickets were.
micropup2008

Re: Oakland presale - reports??

Post by micropup2008 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:31 am

Last night bought facevalue tickets for Oakland 4/15 in row F thru regular ticketmaster. Better than my tickets for 4/14 that I bought on the presale. Just goes to show that ticketmaster must still be holding tickets back.
Ron
mynocke

Post by mynocke » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:41 pm

This is kind of a weird question but I'm hoping someone can help me out. When we show up to get our will call tickets we are supposed to bring our driver's license and the credit card we purchased the tickets with.

All that's fine, however, I've been getting suspicious charges on my credit card (weird $1 charges to companies I've never heard of) and so I should probably cancel it or get the bank to issue me a new one with a new number. Will that affect me picking up my tickets? Do they run the credit card or just visually inspect it? I don't want to lose out on the tickets I paid for but I really don't want to keep a credit card active for another week that may have been stolen.
evilcharles

Post by evilcharles » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 pm

mynocke,
For the first two stops of the US leg I tried to hand them my license and credit card, they weren't interested in the credit card at all... Just the license.
HOWEVER, for another TicketBastard show, Tom Waits in Houston last year, I believe they wanted to see both but they only swiped the license.

I think you're safe to cancel your credit card before the show. I would bring the card just in case, but I don't think you'll be needing it.

Best of luck. You're in for a show you'll never forget.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”