A sad day for Leonard

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
PIPKINRAH

Re: A sad day for Leonard

Postby PIPKINRAH » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:37 am

Dear da2008, I think you miss entirely the point of my note. I agree with supply and demand although I am not quite the fanatical capitalist you seem to be. I think we can all agree everything that marketed items, people or things have a certain value and it's also true that we can either accept the published value of an item or not when making a purchasing decision. However I do believe at if all of Mr. Cohens tickets had been priced at 125.00 or 150.00 (and yes there are many artists who price their tickets at 75-100 dollars) he still would have sold out the concerts so I think what we're talking here is profit and I don't blame him for that. He has a commodity to sell and his management has set a value on the commodity and want a certain rate of return. I do however take exception to your suggestion that since I'm not willing to fork over 200, 569.00 or 900.00 dollars to attend one his concerts I don't quite make the cut as an adoring fan and therefore my presence can be dispatched with and is not even desired by such trend setters such as yourself (quite a role you've taken on). While I may have an opinion of some of the posters on this forum when it comes to fan worship I accept that as their right and keep my opinions to myself; a sentiment you might try.

Regarding my remarks about interest rates in my post, that was a thread I chose not to follow but neglected to delete, my apologies since it had nothing to do with the price of tickets.
'She said I'm tired of the war...

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”