Ticketmaster Marketplace vs. Ticketsnow

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
AmeliaBedelia

Ticketmaster Marketplace vs. Ticketsnow

Postby AmeliaBedelia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:32 am

What is the difference between the two? I just noticed that the Ticketmaster Marketplace tab is no longer there on the Ticketmaster website. Did something happen or did those tickets actually get sold?
Dream Warrior

Re: Ticketmaster Marketplace vs. Ticketsnow

Postby Dream Warrior » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:08 am

or MAYBE - just maybe -TM has finally realised that the marketplace (that's us, folks!) is not only supremely pissed off, but also talking about it and taking whatever action is possible in their jurisdictions?

IF (and it's a big if) this optimistic view is true, then my love of the Internet has just grown even greater.

Liam
AmeliaBedelia

Postby AmeliaBedelia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 am

I have this very annoying habit of looking for tickets even after I have purchased, not unlike how I search for airline prices even after I have purchased tickets for a trip. This is how I came across this discovery. I know that last week the "sell" option was there, and a couple of days ago, it was gone. Now the Marketplace tab is gone too. If anyone knows what happened, I'd love to know.
mirka

Postby mirka » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm afraid TM just wants to look nice before planned merger with Live Nation.... :(
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
jonathon

Postby jonathon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 am

The Ticketmaster Marketplace option for the Ottawa LC shows were quietly stopped a few days ago and each day since, they have been slowly dropping the unsold 'Platinum' seats into the general Ticketmaster inventory. I have noticed some pretty impressive seats (3rd and 4th row Orchestra seats as well as others) getting released... maybe about 20 seats a day. On Wed morning, I actually bought a front row centre single seat for the May 26th Ottawa show for a 'mere' $250... I had seen the exact same seat listed at more than $500 on the Ticketmaster Marketplace a few days ago when the facility was operational.

All the best.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”