How did you do at the general sale to NY and LA?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sharong

Re: How did you do at the general sale to NY and LA?

Post by sharong » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:36 pm

As I had a AMEX presale ticket in back orchestra for Saturday, I logged in before 10 and decide to try for a 90.00 ticket for Sunday. I was able to get a mid Mezz ticket. first mezz. I tried for 129.00 and got an offer for side orchestra...... I decided not to fight with TIcketmaster after 4 shows..... two presales in boston and Amex presale...
I bit the bullet and bought the mid first Mezz ticket......

so i got ticket.... as NYC was so competitive with tickets that I took the Mezz seat...
for 90.00

sharon G
da2008

Post by da2008 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 pm

I tried to pull two $69 tickets for night 2 and it worked. I had to let them go though. Was at about 10:05, I'd say. Then tried for singles at around 12 noon and they still had some decent ones in Mezz 2 (row B). So all in all, this wasn't all that it could've been in terms of badness.
liz13fwwm

Post by liz13fwwm » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 am

We got 2-$69 tickets to Radio City during the fan pre-sale in row H of the 3rd balcony. At 10:05 on Monday I looked again and found row C of the 1st balcony. Obviously I would rather have had the 1st balcony tickets but considering the fan pre-sale tickets are not transferable, we're stuck with the 3rd balcony tickets. Oh well. Glad to have any tickets. We flew out to Montreax last summer to see Leonard and that's the memory I will cherish forever.

Thanks for asking!
famousbluepedro

Post by famousbluepedro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 am

i was logged on at 9:55, kept refreshing till the page popped up, slammed in "best available" and ended up in row QQ. lame. theres definitely some monkey business going on with ticketmaster. even the vip tix werent that close.
corsica1

Post by corsica1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 am

I am really disgusted by the experience of buying tickets for Leonard Cohen shows. First I could not get tickets for the show at the Beacon, then I got very excited at the news he would perform at the Radio City Music Hall . I could not make the purchase myself on the date of the fan sale. My daughter had all the instructions but could not get one ticket. I then tried on Monday 9th for the general sale. At 10:03 I could not get 2 tickets together, so I bought one but was unable to get a second one ..at any price. At 10h30 really mad I got to the site of Tickets Now and thought I had got a third mezzanine ticket for ..$ 134. I paid for it thinking it was not that bad then got a message from this wheeling dealing site saying my ticket was not in fact available !!! I just called them ..they told me they could try to call some people for me ..what kind of a company this is ? I did not like the way I was approached so I cancelled the order. Now I am down to 1 ticket and need a second one desperately. It should not be that hard to get tickets for an artist you have loved for 40 years and counting ! anybody out there with a ticket to spare for the 16th ? thanks Corsica53 914 4840642
kolesen

Post by kolesen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Jarkko--My routine for getting tickets through ticketmaster when it's a seated concert is to drive to work (if tickets go on sale on the weekend like the LA tickets did) because we have T1 lines and I figure the faster the better. I did the "not tickets available/refresh" routine starting at a minute or two before 10 and got in right at 10. I went through the first couple of "offerings" that were way off to edges of both sides and then hit 2 in row Y just off of center. $129 seats. Not bad, not great, but I'm guessing very good for sound in this venue. Pretty happy with the seats actually. Didn't go into hock, decent seats, should be very good for sound quality (the only downside to right up front usually), and it's an evening of Leonard Cohen live in LA.
Keith Anaheim, CA
matissefan

Post by matissefan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm

I was able to get two tickets in two separate transactions (with seats next to eachother)for the May 16 show on Sat. morning shortly after 10am. I noticed that the 'special password' didn't come onto leonardcohenfiles website until a couple of minutes past 10am so I had to bounce back and forth a bit until I got through on ticketmaster. I'm positive I never would've gotten tickets if it hadn't been for the leonardchohenfiles connection, so THANK YOU to everyone involved!

Was anyone lucky enough to see Leonard Cohen at The Beacon Theater in February?

***Actually the password was on the website exactly at 10.00.09 (9 seconds late) according to the official US atomic clock :razz: / Jarkko***
tashi

Post by tashi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 pm

matissefan wrote:I was able to get two tickets in two separate transactions (with seats next to eachother)for the May 16 show on Sat. morning shortly after 10am. I noticed that the 'special password' didn't come onto leonardcohenfiles website until a couple of minutes past 10am so I had to bounce back and forth a bit until I got through on ticketmaster. I'm positive I never would've gotten tickets if it hadn't been for the leonardchohenfiles connection, so THANK YOU to everyone involved!

Was anyone lucky enough to see Leonard Cohen at The Beacon Theater in February?

***Actually the password was on the website exactly at 10.00.09 (9 seconds late) according to the official US atomic clock :razz: / Jarkko***
In response to your question~~~
I was lucky to get 2 tix for that 2/19 Beacon show-left orch row V-(fan presale-aggravating experience-heart pounding out of my chest!)
There are no bad seats in the Beacon-although I would have loved to have been closer. I've had front row for one of my favorite bands there so I know the difference!
For this tour I got 2 presale tix for the CT show, which I'm excited about because the Palace Theatert is a fantastic venue! I got 1 more for my son at the public online sale which is actually a better seat-probably because it was just a single.
Did you go to NPR to download or listen to the podcast? I've been listening to it everyday!
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =101034642
benning

Post by benning » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

tashi wrote:I've had front row for one of my favorite bands there so I know the difference!
I was in the loge for the Beacon show and it was a night to remember. (Belated thanks to Jarkko for arranging the Beacon presale - I tried in vain for 20+ minutes that morning when suddenly the 4 tickets I needed for my family popped up.) So many people mention having front row seats for concerts on the forum. I am curious to hear from anyone who has sat in the front row to see Leonard... on the surface it sounds like the best place to be, but on the other hand, maybe too intense? Anyone?
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 am

Benning,

We have run the gamut on seating - from 3rd row to almost last row in the balconey - and they were ALL intense. Having closer seats just feels a bit more special to be so close to the Master and his brilliant team :D .

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”