How did you do at the general sale to NY and LA?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

How did you do at the general sale to NY and LA?

Postby jarkko » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:44 am

It would be interesting to hear how our members did at the general sale on Monday - did you get tickets, and when did TM start to show "no tickets" ? (Tickets to LA were still available a few moments ago if you looked for a single ticket!)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Merganser

Re: How did you do at the general sale to NY and LA?

Postby Merganser » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 am

I called Radio City Music Hall directly and got 2 tickets in row CC, center at $256.50 each. I skipped Ticketmaster because I wanted tickets with wheelchair access (I'm not handicapped, but am going with a friend of mine who is), and when I talked to TM about this the other day, they were very unhelpful. Not deliberately (I don't think it was deliberate, anyhow), they just had no idea what to do.

The RCMH disabled services people are very nice and helpful.
zenon5

Postby zenon5 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:07 am

Jarkko,
Thank you first of all for the services you have provided all of us. I have been fortunate enough to get decent seats during the presale. That said, my seats at Radio City Music Hall are in the second mezzanine, so I tried this morning to see if I could improve upon them. I got on promptly at 10 AM EDT and was told that there were no seats available. I retried for about 20 minutes and was offered seats one time. Those seats were in the third mezzanine and I turned them down. We will be able to realize our long-held dream of seeing Leonard in NYC though! We're taking the red-eye from Portland, Or, getting in Saturday AM and will be returning home Sunday afternoon.
Thanks again!!
Merganser

Postby Merganser » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 am

Oh yeah, Jarkko - you're the king of awesome. Tarja Halonen should give you some sort of prize.
burningviolin

Postby burningviolin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:27 am

Tickets for international customers were will cal only.
Last edited by burningviolin on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
rbrar

Postby rbrar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 am

I was in a few mins after 10am for the Los Angeles sale. I got 2 tickets, row C of the Orchestra on the right side. I'm VERY excited!
JacquelineR

Postby JacquelineR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:27 am

Hi Jarkko,

Started at 10:00 looking for a single. No $90 seats available so then tried $70. Nothing there either. Then chose any price and $254 popped up right away (that was at 10:12). Too expensive. I got a ticket on presale and was trying for a dear friend. Oh well, maybe something will turn up.

Thanks very much for all that you've done. You're amazing.
Jacqueline

la la la la la
denalynn2001

Postby denalynn2001 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:32 am

burningviolin wrote:I delayed getting tickets until the public sale because as an international customer I wanted to have the tickets sent to me and not to be call only. This wasn't an option though when I went to check out. So they are still call only. I think I saw a thread somewhere discussing this topic or a post on a thread so wasn't hugely surprised when this happened but had better seats picked out at presale but didn't click buy.
If it's any comfort, you would probably not have been able to. Apparently our overseas members have been unable to buy presale tickets this time around. Ticketmaster has been informed of the problem but has not addressed it as of yet. This is what I understand from reading posts here, including ones by jarkko.
bmarchello

Postby bmarchello » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 am

zenon5 wrote:Jarkko,
Thank you first of all for the services you have provided all of us. I have been fortunate enough to get decent seats during the presale. That said, my seats at Radio City Music Hall are in the second mezzanine, so I tried this morning to see if I could improve upon them. I got on promptly at 10 AM EDT and was told that there were no seats available. I retried for about 20 minutes and was offered seats one time. Those seats were in the third mezzanine and I turned them down. We will be able to realize our long-held dream of seeing Leonard in NYC though! We're taking the red-eye from Portland, Or, getting in Saturday AM and will be returning home Sunday afternoon.
Thanks again!!
Hey Zenon5

I live in Cannon Beach, OR and am flying to NYC Friday for the show as well. I am super excited. That is cool to hear someone else is making a dream come true as well. I have never been to NYC and the Seattle show will be my first time seeing LC. Any advise on hotels in NYC would be greatly appreciated. Have a great time.
surfergirl

Postby surfergirl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks for asking. I tried for Sat. in L.A. and was unable to get any of the pit tickets (are they holding these back?!?) and closest "best available" was "O" in Orchestra -- and that is right at 10 a.m. I thereafter checked other options, and even with VIP (very iiii pricey), closest is row "G", so forget that. Much better sticking with the 94US$ in D than 549$ in G (logic, duh).

Interesting phenom -- VIP tickets this morning -- you could SELECT (but not buy 1) as an option. Tonight, only in pairs -- but there is the ability to buy 50, I swear 50 VIP tickets is an option (i tried it on a lark -- no availability, but I just wondered at 549 each how much that would actually cost!)

Ahhh, at least I tried . . . . When will those PIT tix go on sale?!?
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
pah811

Postby pah811 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:09 am

Hi Jarkko, nice of you to ask.
I was very happy (I think I'm the only one who can say that about Ticketmaster): I got a single ticket for Radio City on 5-17 in row LL, center-left. I logged in as close to 10:00 as was humanly possible.

I've thanked you elsewhere, but want to do so again. I had seen Leonard live in the 80's and as soon as I found out about the tour last spring (thanks to you and the site) I was obsessed with seeing him live again. I've seen him in Hamilton (through pre-sale), Montreal (ok, Stub-hub, but first night Montreal, 5th row seat, I had to) and at the Beacon (VIP, unbelievable show and presents!). Your amazing dedication and work made this possible.

I am so grateful. I don't post very much at all, as my time is limited, but wanted at least to say this.

- Pamela
gammahay

Postby gammahay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 am

surfergirl wrote:Thanks for asking. I tried for Sat. in L.A. and was unable to get any of the pit tickets (are they holding these back?!?) and closest "best available" was "O" in Orchestra -- and that is right at 10 a.m. I thereafter checked other options, and even with VIP (very iiii pricey), closest is row "G", so forget that. Much better sticking with the 94US$ in D than 549$ in G (logic, duh).

Interesting phenom -- VIP tickets this morning -- you could SELECT (but not buy 1) as an option. Tonight, only in pairs -- but there is the ability to buy 50, I swear 50 VIP tickets is an option (i tried it on a lark -- no availability, but I just wondered at 549 each how much that would actually cost!)

Ahhh, at least I tried . . . . When will those PIT tix go on sale?!?
I got orchestra N, seconds afer 10. Single ticket---I think it makes a difference.

Hate to think that PIT TICKETS are being held for clebrities and friends&family of the band but maybe that's the case?
somewhat_nifty

Postby somewhat_nifty » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am

It was very strange trying to get tickets for NY through Ticketmaster - I logged on precisely at the opening of the sale (2pm UK time) and was told there were no tickets available from the start - I basically retried for an hour, constantly being told that there were no tickets for my requirements (2 tickets at any price, any location!), whilst watching ridiculously overpriced tickets go on sale in the marketplace after 20 mins, it was most frustrating. Even more so as I was at work and was having to look like I was busy when I was in fact pressing the refresh button like a maniac! Luckily after an hour of trying I got 2 for the 2nd Mezzanine on the 16th May - only after I bought did I realise they were restricted view, but heigh ho - by that stage I probably would have bought tickets for sitting outside watching it on a TV screen or something :lol: Yet had no problem at all when I bought tickets for two of the UK shows through Ticketmaster, I thought maybe it's because I was international or something?
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 am

somewhat_nifty wrote:It was very strange trying to get tickets for NY through Ticketmaster - I logged on precisely at the opening of the sale (2pm UK time) and was told there were no tickets available from the start - I basically retried for an hour
I had much the same experience looking for a single for May 16. I got straight in to ticket selection and had two windows running at the same time, one for each night. I have never known anything like it - the "working" screen told me I had one minute to wait, then every time it looked as if it was going to allocate a ticket, it flicked back to waiting for another 1 or 2 minutes. This went on for some time and when I did get through to the next screen, I was told there were no tickets available. After umpteen attempts I was about to give up but went for one more try and I eventually managed to get a reasonable ticket for Saturday night - though not as good as the one I had allocated to me in the pre-sale and "lost" and not good enough in my opinion to justify the $280 (with fees) price tag. Hey ho. This took me about 25 mins.

I thought it would be easier to get a ticket for the second night because there would be more tickets available but no. Not a chance. The same thing happened as for the Saturday but I never managed to get a ticket for Sunday. I think so many people had bought Saturday tickets in the various pre-sales that they went straight for Sunday which meant that anyone who was even a couple of seconds behind (as I was with my two screens) lost out.

All in all, a very frustrating process which only goes to show how lucky we were to have the fan pre-sales, even if in most cases they did not help international fans.

Wendy
crystal

Postby crystal » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:02 pm

I blew it because I didn't realise that NY changed to daylight saving time and when I logged in at approx. 20 minutes before what I thought was 10 I was devastated to learn that no tickets were available. After trying for about 20 minutes suddenly I had a pair of tickets, 2nd mezzanine, restricted view but hey, I have tickets and I am happy about that. I tried the same for the 17th but no luck so far. While I was trying I watched ebay and the tickets I could not get appeared by the minute.
anyway, I am in and that's what counts.
Thank you very much for everything.
Christel

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”