Question for others with presale tickets

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ragsoflight

Question for others with presale tickets

Post by ragsoflight »

Ever since presale day, if I log into my ticketmaster account and view my order, it says:

"Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed. If there are any problems with your order, or you don't receive your tickets within 2 business days of the event, please contact customer service. "

Now of course my tickets are supposed to be Will Call, as that was the only option in the presale. The e-mail confirmation I got at the time also said they would be Will Call.

So, I'm wondering if there is something wonky going on with my order, or is this just a standard message on everybody's orders?
denalynn2001

Re: Question for others with presale tickets

Post by denalynn2001 »

Actually mine says at the top of the page that the tickets need to be picked up at the venue's Will Call window.
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni »

Yeah, my order says Will Call as well...
mirka

Post by mirka »

Mine also says 'needs to be pick up at the 'Will Call Window'...
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Ragsoflight - I have been getting the same message ("Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed") for the two tickets I purchased for the Ottawa show on a Will Call basis.

As an international buyer I was frozen out from the Fan Club pre-sale but the only delivery method available to me on the Amex or public sales is International Will Call. I decided not to worry about the message as my confirmation definitely says Will Call. I will start panicking if the Box Office refuse to let me have my tickets on the day!

Wendy
sylvialynn

Post by sylvialynn »

My receipt for the Minneapolis show says I will receive my tickets via Will Call, then the next paragraph says I'll be emailed when my tickets are printed and about to be shipped. I'm assuming that doesn't mean anything. What I'm wondering is how soon before the show can I pick up my ticket? Or do I have to wait right till show time?
rade

Post by rade »

I just picked up my pre-sale "Will Call" tickets for both Chicago shows this morning at the Chicago Theatre box office.

Rade
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

I picked up my pre-sale "Will Call" ticket at the Wang Box Office (Boston) yesterday morning.
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
Kilrathi

Post by Kilrathi »

Out of curiosity, are any tickets actually being mailed out to people? I ask just because I saw some tickets for the NYC show on sale on EBay (I have my own pair from the presale but was just curious) and thought that all the tickets needed to be picked up at will call (and I'd even thought they had to be picked up day of show, but maybe not... going to call right now since Radio City's a mess in terms of crowd control and I work just down the block and can pick 'em up today if possible!). I wrote one of the sellers and he claims to have a ticket in hand that was mailed to him a week or two ago. That sounds like BS but if it's not, doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having this supposed "pick up at will call" anti-scalping mechanism in place?

***Our presale was WILL CALL only while the AMEX presale was without any restrictions, just like some other presales to limited groups. People who got their tickets that way may have them delivered by now. / Jarkko***
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Amazing news! I picked up my fan pre-sale ticket at Radio City will call today. Thought would only be able to get it just before the show. If you can, save yourself the hassle and go early to get your tickets. Will call will be a zoo before the show starts,

la la la la la
Jacqueline
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Jacqueline,

This is great news! Thank you and the others for the legwork involved in picking up your will-call tickets! I'll check with the Fox in Detroit to see if I can do the same. It would be worth a trip downtown to not have to stand in the will-call line with a few hundred others on the night of the concert. Thanks!

All the best,
Diana
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Fantastic, JacquelineR!!! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll try to do the same in the next couple of days.
Thanks for letting us all know.
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Well, I tried to pick up my tickets at the Radio City box office this afternoon, but no luck. The woman did tell me that they will be insisting that you go directly from the box office inside the theater doors once you have your tickets.
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Hi Sue and others,

I had no problem getting my ticket. Clearly asked the guy at will call if this was the policy and he said yes. I then said, "so I can count on this enough to post to others who have bought these tickets? and he said yes". I got there at about 5:30 pm, so maybe it depends on who's working the window.

Am very sorry you went there and wasted your time. Never would have posted this if hadn't clearly asked the guy who gave me my ticket (after I gave him my credit card). My ticket says "Fan Club". I will go to the box office during lunch tomorrow and find out what's going on. They don't take phone calls. Will have more info tomorrow evening EST. Ugh!

Jacqueline
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thanks, Jacqueline. There was a woman at box office when I went today. I told her that I knew that at least one other person had gotten their tickets, and she asked for the last name, but of course I didn't have it. It would be great if you could scout it out if you're already close by there. And please don't feel responsible: I was going to go and give it a try before I read your post!!
Jarkko, could you give us some idea perhaps of how many presale tickets were available for the various concerts: that would help us figure out how long the line is likely to be, and how many hours ahead of time we should arrive. My understanding is that the forum presale tickets are the only ones that are "will call." Thanks so much.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”