sold out ?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: sold out ?

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:04 pm

A Brick in the Wall wrote: It could also be read as "this is not there alone" --- it happens if you are drinking & cruising.... :oops:

At 10.00 am???!! :shock: :lol:

W
A Brick in the Wall

Postby A Brick in the Wall » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
A Brick in the Wall wrote: It could also be read as "this is not there alone" --- it happens if you are drinking & cruising.... :oops:

At 10.00 am???!! :shock: :lol:

W
I could say it was a bloody mary breakfast -- but no -- it was shown for several days --- so there were multiple chances to see it while drinking.. :lol:
199Dan

Postby 199Dan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Do we know what time zone they were in?
People here seem to have a problem with time zones.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 pm

A Brick in the Wall wrote: -- it was shown for several days --- so there were multiple chances to see it while drinking.. :lol:
I bet Jarkko never saw that one coming. I certainly didn't ....

W
A Brick in the Wall

Postby A Brick in the Wall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:
A Brick in the Wall wrote: -- it was shown for several days --- so there were multiple chances to see it while drinking.. :lol:
I bet Jarkko never saw that one coming. I certainly didn't ....

W
Honestly -- that is what my eyes saw when it was first posted --- I thought Jarkko was posting drunk --- :!:
giddi

Postby giddi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 am

Mabeanie1 wrote:For those complaining about the "wrong" password being posted - the clues were there!

The "password" said

"t h i s i s n o t t h e r e a l o n e"

and Jarkko said he would be posting the password at 10.00 am. Why would the "real" password be there for days in advance when Jarkko said he was going to post it at 10.00 am on onsale day??

He set up the posting in advance with a message that said, in large red letters,

"thisisnottherealone"

to make it easier to update the post at 10.00 am. I can understand that. I wold have done the same.

To giddi - for what it's worth, I had absolutely no problems at all with the real password, and I was trying continually for over 30 mins to get back a seat I "lost" through no fault of my own. Maybe you mistyped the password in the tension of the moment?

Go to the concert with your wife, partner, friends etc etc. Do what we (and countless others) do and buy single tickets if that is what is coming up. Travel to the show together, have a meal together, meet in the interval, etc etc but sit where you can for the show. You know it makes the sense. All but young children should be quite capable of sitting on their own through a show. And if they're not, they are probably too young to be there.

Good luck on Monday.

Wendy
I read that as "this is not there alone". Seriously. If I read that correctly then I wouldn't been misled. Anyway I was sure and positive that this would be the password, and I thought - hey, I guess because it's the last presale it's already posted. I saw nothing that would suggest to me otherwise. But I anticipated problems and so I had the page open, and after a couple of tries I went and refreshed and came back. It was still 10:00 maybe 10:01 and there were no tickets (I only searched for 2, not 1. it's a good point about the single tickets, but my wife wouldn't come with me and sit separately... she'll never go with that.). This I did for about 10 minutes and then also later for an hour. Sometimes ticketmaster didn't accept anything but sometimes there was no ticket (2). Anyway, it's great that people realized this in advance and it's great that people got their lovely tickets.... I didn't. IMO, It's crazy that it should be this hard to get tickets though, and something with the system is wrong... if passwords work for only seconds/minutes it's kinda weird. but this is obsolete and not relevant/interesting to discuss/argue. I have 2 tickets for Boston 2nd show which I might keep and I'll try for Monday... I think Monday is the best chance to get tickets... no presales would be the best coz the pool would be the largest and not dried up by the amex and the others. also if i can't get for monday, then a nice member of the forum offered to sell me 2 for sunday so i'll do that.
A Brick in the Wall

Postby A Brick in the Wall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:42 pm

giddi wrote:
Mabeanie1 wrote:For those complaining about the "wrong" password being posted - the clues were there!

The "password" said

"t h i s i s n o t t h e r e a l o n e"

and Jarkko said he would be posting the password at 10.00 am. Why would the "real" password be there for days in advance when Jarkko said he was going to post it at 10.00 am on onsale day??

He set up the posting in advance with a message that said, in large red letters,

"thisisnottherealone"

to make it easier to update the post at 10.00 am. I can understand that. I wold have done the same.

To giddi - for what it's worth, I had absolutely no problems at all with the real password, and I was trying continually for over 30 mins to get back a seat I "lost" through no fault of my own. Maybe you mistyped the password in the tension of the moment?

Go to the concert with your wife, partner, friends etc etc. Do what we (and countless others) do and buy single tickets if that is what is coming up. Travel to the show together, have a meal together, meet in the interval, etc etc but sit where you can for the show. You know it makes the sense. All but young children should be quite capable of sitting on their own through a show. And if they're not, they are probably too young to be there.

Good luck on Monday.

Wendy
I read that as "this is not there alone". Seriously. If I read that correctly then I wouldn't been misled. Anyway I was sure and positive that this would be the password, and I thought - hey, I guess because it's the last presale it's already posted. I saw nothing that would suggest to me otherwise. But I anticipated problems and so I had the page open, and after a couple of tries I went and refreshed and came back. It was still 10:00 maybe 10:01 and there were no tickets (I only searched for 2, not 1. it's a good point about the single tickets, but my wife wouldn't come with me and sit separately... she'll never go with that.). This I did for about 10 minutes and then also later for an hour. Sometimes ticketmaster didn't accept anything but sometimes there was no ticket (2). Anyway, it's great that people realized this in advance and it's great that people got their lovely tickets.... I didn't. IMO, It's crazy that it should be this hard to get tickets though, and something with the system is wrong... if passwords work for only seconds/minutes it's kinda weird. but this is obsolete and not relevant/interesting to discuss/argue. I have 2 tickets for Boston 2nd show which I might keep and I'll try for Monday... I think Monday is the best chance to get tickets... no presales would be the best coz the pool would be the largest and not dried up by the amex and the others. also if i can't get for monday, then a nice member of the forum offered to sell me 2 for sunday so i'll do that.

Luckily for me --- I knew there was a password coming & when it was going to be posted so I did have the right one at the right time & I was lucky enough to score tix for Chicago.

IOW -- the fake password did not cause me any problems -- just a chuckle when I realized what it was really trying to say...
albgardis

Postby albgardis » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 am

Hello, I am a newbie and have just signed up here a few minutes ago.
English is my second language. I am fluent, but I guess sometimes I miss something. Like this, for example.

I have read "this is not there alone" and no matter how long I stare at it or look again, that is what keeps reading there.
What else does it mean? Am I blind? Stupid even? And what does that have to do with drinking, being drunk, cruising (does that refer to 'be on a ship' or 'look for a sex partner in a bar'?) This is really confusing.

I was under the impression this was a forum for all kinds of different cultured people who communicate in a mutual language, which is english. But despite being fluent, I have problems to pick up things like this. Now what would people think in Europe who know less English than I do?

I was learning about the only PA concert in May last night, and I was glad to see it was still ahead. But then I saw the prices. With an average PA income this might be not an option. I guess New York people with their New York incomes will travel and buy these seats. This is sad.
Kit Kat

Postby Kit Kat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:40 am

This is not the real one .

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”