sold out ?

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Jim Rotonda

sold out ?

Post by Jim Rotonda »

WOW pre-sale for NY on the 16th appears to have sold out within minutes.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: sold out ?

Post by jarkko »

Yes, it seems to be sold out in about 3 minutes - and we had a very big allocation!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
subrosa

Post by subrosa »

Really?! I was hitting refresh at 10:00 sharp and couldn't purchase a pair of tickets. Ditto with my two friends. I know that individual seats were available three minutes in but I couldn't get a pair for the life of me even in the first few seconds.
euge

Post by euge »

jarkko wrote:Yes, it sold out in about 3 minutes - and we had a very big allocation!!
Nope, I got excellent tickets after 20 minutes - Orchestra Row LL
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

That's funny - Ticketmaster seems to feed tickets to the system in random order, so maybe best to keep on trying!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I'm still getting singles come up at 10.28 EST. Alas, not as good as the seat I tried to buy in FF. I tried to get round the US or Canada addresses only restriction but timed out before I'd managed to crack it.

W
euge

Post by euge »

I thought that it was a really clever idea to change the password late on - regular visitors to this site would know where to get the update. I only got alerted to the need to check for an update when Ticketmaster refused the original password!
giddi

Post by giddi »

I don't think it was clever at all. I think it was misleading for board members too. Of course I checked it out but there was none already in 10:00. And I tried many times after. Admittedly, I wanted a pair. Sorry for wanting to go with someone, i.e. my wife.
euge

Post by euge »

giddi wrote:I don't think it was clever at all. I think it was misleading for board members too. Of course I checked it out but there was none already in 10:00. And I tried many times after. Admittedly, I wanted a pair. Sorry for wanting to go with someone, i.e. my wife.

You could be right! It was clever if you were clever enough to figure it out....
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

If you read the text it said the password will be shown at 10 am, not before. I got the correct one up at 10.00.09, according to the official US atom clock (uploading took 10 seconds because so many were refreshing the page :razz: )
The fake one was there for several days, just to fool the guys who were selling the password at eBay. According to emails I've received we managed to fool some of them. Also Brooklyn Vegan had the wrong one (thisisnottherealone) on her blog, although she was clever enough to warn that it might not be the correct one.
giddi

Post by giddi »

It said the password will be shown at 10:00 am, and of course you said it all along, but then it was there. That's why it fooled people and apparently (some) fans and members of the forum as well. It's a misleading statement. I think it could have just been left blank, like it was for the other groups, and posted on 10:00. Nobody on ebay or whatever could have posted it on their blogs that way either. Technically, ticketmaster sometimes didn't accept the (correct) password at all either, so with both hindrances I think it kinda misses the whole point, because for so many it was hopeless to begin with.
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

it was easy to understand that a new password was coming for ny. am lucky and got a good ticket. jarkko, thanks very much for your hard work and kind patience.

do dum dum dum de do dum dum
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Thank you Jarkko! Buying a ticket to this show from Montreal was certainly special!!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

For those complaining about the "wrong" password being posted - the clues were there!

The "password" said

"t h i s i s n o t t h e r e a l o n e"

and Jarkko said he would be posting the password at 10.00 am. Why would the "real" password be there for days in advance when Jarkko said he was going to post it at 10.00 am on onsale day??

He set up the posting in advance with a message that said, in large red letters,

"thisisnottherealone"

to make it easier to update the post at 10.00 am. I can understand that. I wold have done the same.

To giddi - for what it's worth, I had absolutely no problems at all with the real password, and I was trying continually for over 30 mins to get back a seat I "lost" through no fault of my own. Maybe you mistyped the password in the tension of the moment?

Go to the concert with your wife, partner, friends etc etc. Do what we (and countless others) do and buy single tickets if that is what is coming up. Travel to the show together, have a meal together, meet in the interval, etc etc but sit where you can for the show. You know it makes the sense. All but young children should be quite capable of sitting on their own through a show. And if they're not, they are probably too young to be there.

Good luck on Monday.

Wendy
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

Mabeanie1 wrote:For those complaining about the "wrong" password being posted - the clues were there!

The "password" said

"t h i s i s n o t t h e r e a l o n e"

and Jarkko said he would be posting the password at 10.00 am. Why would the "real" password be there for days in advance when Jarkko said he was going to post it at 10.00 am on onsale day??

He set up the posting in advance with a message that said, in large red letters,

"thisisnottherealone"

to make it easier to update the post at 10.00 am. I can understand that. I wold have done the same.

To giddi - for what it's worth, I had absolutely no problems at all with the real password, and I was trying continually for over 30 mins to get back a seat I "lost" through no fault of my own. Maybe you mistyped the password in the tension of the moment?

Go to the concert with your wife, partner, friends etc etc. Do what we (and countless others) do and buy single tickets if that is what is coming up. Travel to the show together, have a meal together, meet in the interval, etc etc but sit where you can for the show. You know it makes the sense. All but young children should be quite capable of sitting on their own through a show. And if they're not, they are probably too young to be there.

Good luck on Monday.

Wendy
It could also be read as "this is not there alone" --- it happens if you are drinking & cruising.... :oops:

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”