Really not fair

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: Really not fair

Postby Mabeanie1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:44 pm

lizzytysh wrote: If ONLY AEG could arrange for ANYONE other than Ticketmaster to handle sales of Leonard's shows.

~ Lizzy
Unfortunately, I believe the use of Ticketmaster is dictated by the venues, not AEG. After I had the problem on the pre-sale, I wrote to the NAC Box Office in Ottawa to explain the problem I'd had with Ticketmaster and ask if there were any other options available to me apart from purchase in person or use of Ticketmaster. The simple answer was no. Telephone orders were possible, but only via Ticketmaster so I dismissed that one and kept my fingers crossed for the Amex or public sale.

Thanks for your support Lizzy - I wish you were a wealthy philanthropist too, with all the best seats to a LC show within your gift!

Wendy
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Unfortunately, I believe the use of Ticketmaster is dictated by the venues, not AEG.
I considered that, too, Wendy, but didn't want to give it voice. Just TOO disheartening. If only artists could/WOULD band together and play only at venues who won't engage with Ticketmaster. It's a long-shot, long-term plan, but it seems to be one that requires the engagement of ALL concerned... the management companies and their artists, the venues, and the fans. Dream on!?! Many of life's changes happen through determination and collaboration. If only...

I just can't believe that overseas people will be frozen out!!! I say that in its extreme because the General Sales seem to be fraught with problems, as well!

~ Lizzy

[Edited to make "long-short" :roll: ~ whatever that would be :lol: be as intended... "long-shot"]
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:54 pm

I have today - again - reported these problems to AEG; it will be too late for our presales, but it would be interesting to learn why the TM system rejected the international orders at our presales. Hopefully no similar problems tomorrow when the general sale to NY and LA begins!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Wissmann6

Postby Wissmann6 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 am

It´s strange. I bought two tickets in the Fan Club presale for the Detroit show on May 9th with my German credit card and my German address. I didn´t have any problems with the TM purchase.
Frank
2008: Oberhausen, Cardiff / 2009: Detroit, Cologne / 2010: Berlin, Gent, Wiesbaden, Dortmund / 2012: Gent (3x), Mönchengladbach / 2013: Oberhausen, Mannheim

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”