THANK YOU Jarkko!

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
evilcharles

THANK YOU Jarkko!

Post by evilcharles » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Jarkko, thank you. For all that you've done to help us to get to experience magic first-hand. I won't get too far into expressing the significance of what this night will be. This is the first time in 15 years Cohen has toured the US. Coincidentally, it's been fifteen years that my love and I have been star-truck with each other. Cohen has played a large part in our lives over the years and I can't really imagine a more magical way to celebrate. It's thanks to you we got great seats for opening night, and she'll be right there beside me, as she's been all these years. She's as excited as I am.
If I knew ye I'd bring you roses and bake you a cake, then give you a completely heterosexual kiss on the cheek for being such a standup guy.

You're a prince. :D

Much love,
A noob.
sharong

Re: THANK YOU Jarkko!

Post by sharong » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

I just wanted to add my gratitude and thanks to Jarkko for the passoword :D and all the hard work in organizing the material so that Presales, sales and board are running as smoothly as possible.

what a rockstar!!!!

I wonder if he has a job other than LC Community.....
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 pm

sharong wrote:I wonder if he has a job other than LC Community.....
Yes, he does. He calls this his "hobby" - he does not get paid for the care and feeding of the forum members. We are so fortunate to have this site. As i've said many times before, thank you Jarkko for your labour of love. You have the patience of a saint!

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
melancholia

Post by melancholia » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm

yes! thank you jarkko!!

i've been a fan for 20+ years, and have never (!) seen him.. and i got tix for both oakland shows!!!! i'm so grateful for having found this fan forum & for the opportunity to get early tix with your help. thanks for everything you do!

grateful,
m.
and you want to travel with him
and you want to travel blind
and you think maybe you'll trust him
for he's touched your perfect body with his mind...
patri

Post by patri » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I also want to echo the sentiment- thank you- for arranging this- and for putting up with all of our questions and inability to read in such excitement.
I got a ticket via the presale- and if nothing else- it saved me from a breakdown during the public sale!

much thanks
pat
medicinejar

Post by medicinejar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanks as well Jarkko. I got great seats for Montreal last year and a moderately priced seat for Ottawa this year thanks to the passwords you made available to us. I appreciate all your efforts!

Cheers from a quiet but daily visitor!
pah811

Post by pah811 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:12 pm

I, too, must add my appreciation and much thanks. I first saw Leonard in a small theater in Jenkintown PA about 20 - 25 years ago, and twice over the years, but thanks to this site, I was able to see him in Hamilton, Montreal (first night, amazing seats, incredible show), at the Beacon as a VIP (another amazing show... the Partisan and Chelsea Hotel) and now, as of a few moments ago, Radio City. My vacation budget is now depleted, but I got to drive to Canada twice and every show thus far has transported me to another plane of existence where everything was breathtaking... what better vacation than that?
Again, many thanks for your patience and hard work,
Pamela
moonmccaig

Post by moonmccaig » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Thank you Jarkko,

Thanks so much for facilitating this wonderful opportunity to see Leonard Cohen. I was able to get great seats in CT and upper mezzanine in NYC where I live. This is just wonderful. I saw Leonard back in Toronto, where I am from, in the mid 1980's at Massey Hall. Thank you so much for enabling the fans to have the opportunity to get the tickets. After much disappointment on missing out on the Beacon show I am so-o-o-o-o grateful to be going and will be having an all around Leonard weekend in May. I am going with my sweetie and my best friends of 20 years will join us at the Radio City show - we are all so excited and so thankful to be able to go.
The dedication and time you have put into this site and into having everyone share in their appreciation of Leonard is truly awesome,
Thanks mille fois,
Harriet
kmcd

Post by kmcd » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks from me too.

I just checked best available and didn't wait to look more closely, just bought them. We got 1st mez row A just to the right of center.
They were $130 each.

Where did other people get seats at Radio City during this presale?
moonmccaig

Post by moonmccaig » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 pm

I got tickets in 3rd MZ - just left of center 3rd row and my friends also got 3rd Mz 1st row center - no one is complaining - very, very happy to be going and to have been able to get tickets! I was afraid the NYC would sell out so I got tickets to CT as my boyfriend lives in upper Westchester and can drive us. There I got excellent center Orchestra seats also through fanclub pre-sale

Enjoy -enjoy,
Harriet
jakemass48

Post by jakemass48 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:25 am

I,too, want to thank Jarkko. I saw LC on his last tour at Berklee in Boston. Best concert I have ever seen, and I have seen hundreds.....Thanks......
famousbluepedro

Post by famousbluepedro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:10 am

my profound thanks to jarkko as well. i never thought i'd get to see leonard and for you to make this all possible, with the pre-sales and everything, is amazing and wonderful.
thanks for all your helpful advice, hard work and tireless effort.
and a special thanks to the asshole that ripped leonard off, motivating him to come play these shows!
its ridiculously expensive, but leonard's gotten me through bad times, good times and has gotten me laid many times as well. i guess i owe him!

8)
Bob R

Post by Bob R » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:18 am

Many many many thanks for all you do and for all you have done---

Leonard Cohen fans from all over the world have been abel to see their man because of the hard work you do--

its great to be able to be able to see Leonard without subjecting yourself to the misery of tickemaster and their assorted goons--

you've provided a great service to legions of Leonard Cohen fans, and we thank you so much for it

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”